Hell's Invasion Prologue (Evan Tyler) [IC]

hafrogman

Adventurer
[section]Evan rolled slowly into the open area, not eager to stop completely while the creature is still in pursuit. The sight of only a single man still standing amid the desolation was disheartening. He calls out to the man as he tries to thread a path to the exit.

"Guns didn't help any of the security guards. Get in the car, we're bugging out!"
[/section]

Last edited by a moderator:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Michael%20Close_zpsdnxypo6t.jpg

Running as quickly as he could, the guy attempted to hail Evan. He started screaming in a raspy Australian accent at the driver, "Heeeey mate, wait up! Let me in! I've got guns!"

He came around to the passengers side of the Charger, getting ready to open the door. Suddenly Evan heard the roar of another creature, but up ahead this time. The guy with the pistol and shotgun paused to look as another on of the creatures appeared!

Demon%20Evan_zpst7mnckn4.jpg

It looked just like the other one he had driven away from, and it was moving fast. But it was not trying to fly as it maneuvered around the corner of the building and the overturned golf cart. It soon became obvious why it could not fly. One arm and one wing were limp on the same side and it was hampering the creature's movement.

Evan caught sight of movement in the rear view mirror. The other flying creature with the stop sign as a makeshift club had rounded a corner and was coming as well.

GM: Entering Sezarious :)

Sezarious

Explorer

Michael started to panic a little more as he jumped into the passengers seat. As he opened the door he responded to Evan's claim with a yell "Then they were doing it wrong!". As soon as he got into the passengers seat, he spat the words "Go go go", dropping the pistol on the floor of the car and the butt of the shotgun next to his left foot, the barrel pointing upwards, resting between his left knee and the handbrake.

Michael started stripping his shirt off. "Black blood around the corner on the ground". He yelled. "Stop next to it for a sec if you can, I'll dip my shirt in it".

Michael hoped he didn't have to explain the potential benefits of doing this to the driver. He knew that obviously blood testing would probably be out of the question, unless these demons were just scouts and the world had more time to prepare, BUT at the very least, if the world was about to descend into chaos, maybe he could loot a high school for a microscope and hit the blood with different theoretical "anti-demon" substances to see if there was a reaction. Holy water and silver were two things to test.

Any "cold iron" exposure might also be something, they might be weak against them, so maybe lead bullets coated with iron or steel might be more effective. Also there's palo santo, sage, bronze, salt or maybe a holy symbol?

Last edited:

hafrogman

Adventurer
[section]Evan looks at his passenger as if he were crazy, which he quite possible was. He angles the rear view to get a clearer look at his pursuer and shakes his head.

"We're not stopping. You wanna pull whatever crazy stunt, you're doing it as we roll - and buckle up, this could get wild."

True to his word, Evan angles the charger in the direction that the man indicated, passing directly to the left of the pool of blood, slowing just enough to allow Michael to lean out and drag his shirt through the blood, as they move past and then Evan starts accelerating for the exit once more.[/section]

Sezarious

Explorer
[sblock=Some jumping the gun here]

Satisfied, Michael leaned forward grabbing the handgun again. Dropping his Demon blood soaked shirt in front of him. He buckled his seatbelt and decided to pull the magazine out to do an ammo check [sblock=OOC](modern pistol magazines have little numbered and labelled pinholes directly behind each bullet; the number of bullets will equal what's in the magazine plus one in the chamber, so this only takes a couple of seconds)[/sblock]

With a great roar, the flying demon cut across the top of the last building, resulting in it gaining significant ground. Michael looked out the window, following the sound of the roar.

Leaning back and looking at the driver for a moment he yelled, "My name's Michael by the way. I was meant to be one of your extras today".

GM: Also you already posted once this exchange and it is my turn before you get to go again. ;)

I was still going to try working with this, but there were a few things that would not work to advance as far as you did. The wounded demon is not going to be ignored. And a gun shot wound did not really leave a pool of blood to sop up. A few minor details, but I want to keep the tension and stress IC up. :p
[/sblock]

Last edited by a moderator:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
With a demon in front and a demon behind, Evan drove past the wounded one to turn around to go behind the overturned golf cart where the last rent-a-cop had his neck broken and throat ripped out. He had to run over two other corpses to do it and the car handled like he was driving on wet grass trying to turn left and then right to angle his passenger near the blood stain that Michael wanted.

Michael was not able to get much of a sample, just some blood spatter on the pavement. It still made blackish stains on his shirt.

The demons were not idle. The wounded one sprang up on the overturned golf cart and then leaped towards the car as Michael was about to shut it. It was practically inside with him, its good arm holding the door open at the top and a foot had its claw-like toes allowing it to grip the edge of the doorjamb. Michael could feel the sulfur-like breath puffs down on him as the demon loomed over. Evan's pulling away in spinning tires had the acceleration leaving the demon clutching on without being able to do anything more to harm Michael yet.

Meanwhile the second demon had swooped down and clubbed the trunk of the Charger as it was pulling away. It was still doggedly chasing the beat-up, black car.

[sblock=OOC]Skill checks are same as before if applicable.
Evan's drive d8 vs. Demon Strength d10
Michael's firearms d12 vs. Demon Agility d12 [/sblock]

Sezarious

Explorer

[sblock=OOC]Sorry about that Perrin. I didn't mean to get too far ahead and I would prefer the intensity, I just got ahead of myself[/sblock]

"Holy SHIIT!" Michael yelled, shoving the pistol down beside the handbrake, he gripped the barrel of the shotgun. Lifting the shotgun up, he took aim at the Demon's neck. He hoped that it wouldn't be too fond . He knew that at such a close range, even if he wasn't as well practiced with a shotgun as he was with a handgun, the shotgun would have far more penetration potential at close range, as well as a greater spread.

This Demon was way too close for comfort, Michael knowing that if this next shot didn't hit, he could be dead in the next few seconds. He pulled the trigger once again.

[roll0]
[roll1]

hafrogman

Adventurer
[section]"crapcrapcrapcrap."

Evan keeps up his own litany of curses under his breath as the new demon seizes hold of the car. He shifts instinctively, pulling more traction and hauls on the wheel, trying to loosen the creature's grip even as he does his best to pull away. The door swings open as the car swerves, knocking the beast back a small degree, just enough to make the difference as the car fishtails wildly for a second and then peels out, leaving the demon clutching at air.[/section]

OOC: drive - [roll0]
strength - [roll1]

perrinmiller

Adventurer

The shotgun blast took the demon in the chest, the pellets turning the hide into something looking like black Swiss cheese. The black stuff the demon had for blood splattered over the door and back at Michael. He had more samples he could dab up with the shirt now.

The creature screamed in pain, but only lost its grip when Evan swerved to cause the door to swing out and jerk back. It landed hard on the pavement, tumbling and rolling with its momentum. Its wings and limbs were sticking out every which way.

Evan was looking at the exit from the studio grounds and he yanked hard left on the wheel to skid into the turn to be pointed straight towards the gap in the fence that was only barred by a red and white arm that was raised and lowered by the rent-a-cops on duty. Of course there were none there now.

The other demon was still flying in pursuit, cutting the corner that Evan had to skid turn around.

There were flashing lights from two blocks away coming into view, likely police cars of the first responders.

Remove ads