• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help me make a combat teleporter without psionics

Jarrod

First Post
There's also Incarnum stuff that can help with teleportation. Never looked into it though.

The Frequent Jaunt spell also showed up in the Spell Compedium as Greater Dimension Door.

Speaking of quickened Teleport and full attacking, take a serious look at the Telflammar Shadowlord prestige class (also, Crinti Shadow Marauder from.... Shining South?). Fourth level ability is to full attack ('pounce' mechanics) after any teleport. It means you don't have to quicken the power to get your full attack-age in.

Also, remember - Dimension Door ends your turn, so any ability based off it (Warlock, Horizon Walker) will also likely end your turn. The T. Shadowlord full attack is an exception.

Class is feat heavy to get in to (Blindfight, D/M/Spring Attack, 2d6 Sneak Attack, and teleportation ability) but is a fun bundle of toys. Crinti is easier, but is mount-based.

And I hate to mention it, but the Wizards Optimization Board might be helpful here. I normally search via google - "site:boards1.wizards.com" and various keywords.

szilard

First Post
Jarrod said:
The Frequent Jaunt spell also showed up in the Spell Compedium as Greater Dimension Door.

Can you explain how that spell works? Reading the spell description, I could interpret it in a few different ways...

-Stuart

IndyPendant

First Post
RangerWickett, reading your responses here and your question/responses on your Dimension Step post make me think either a) you never even read my earlier post on this thread, or b) Eberron stuff and/or feats are not the way you want your char to do it.

Just in case, I thought I'd reiterate: by spending up to 4 Eberron feats, you can teleport short distances up to 3 times per day as a free action--exactly what you're scrounging around for--and teleport longer distances up to three additional times per day as a standard action. --And you don't necessarily need to purchase all four feats.

*shrug*

Iku Rex

Explorer
RangerWickett in OP said:
Like I said, he's got all the FR stuff and most every 3.5 book except the 'races of' and 'heroes of' series, and the Eberron books.
IndyPendant said:
RangerWickett, reading your responses here and your question/responses on your Dimension Step post make me think either a) you never even read my earlier post on this thread, or b) Eberron stuff and/or feats are not the way you want your char to do it.
I'm going to have to guess b).

IndyPendant

First Post
Well dayam! Good point, Iku! The comma threw me off when I first read that. I thought he meant "Like I said, he's got all the FR stuff and most every 3.5 book except the 'races of' and 'heroes of' series, and {he also has} the Eberron books." Now that you've emphasized it for me, I can see what he meant to say.

Sorry, Ranger. Mild annoyance withdrawn. : )

Sorry. Wasn't trying to ignore you. I only ignore the Mods. *shakes fist at Hypersmurf*

But yeah, Dragonmarks are out. But isn't there an Eberron spell that duplicates the least mark of passage ability? I was always a fan of House Orien, and when WotC had their Eberron War-Torn novel open call, my protagonist was a House Orien member.

Iku Rex

Explorer
RangerWickett said:
But isn't there an Eberron spell that duplicates the least mark of passage ability?
Dimension leap, from Magic of Eberron. 2nd level Brd/Sor/Wiz, 10 ft./level teleport (must be increment of 10 ft.), no restriction on actions after the leap.

Okay, so here are my current options, pending whether the DM lets me use Unearthed Arcana stuff. He wasn't up for gaming tonight, so I'll have to delay planning the character 'til later. However, because of the absolutely crazy stat-generation rules he has, here are the stats I have to play with: 18, 16, 15, 14, 14, 11 (this is before +1 per four levels)

Full Warrior
Human Ranger 1/Fighter 2/Barbarian 2/Horizon Walker 9
[sblock]
Str 21, Dex 14, Con 16, Int 15, Wis 14, Cha 11

Feats: Track, Endurance, Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack, Power Attack, Combat Expertise, Whirlwind Attack, Exotic Weapon Proficiency (spiked chain)

Skills (among other things): Listen +23, Spot +23. I'd probably take tumble cross-class.

Special Abilities: Fast movement, favored enemy (evil outsiders). Terrain mastery - desert, hills, mountain plains, underground; Planar terrain mastery - cavernous, cold, fiery, shifting. This allows me to dimension door once per 1d4 rounds, have darkvision 60 and tremorsense 60, fire and cold resistance 20.

Magic Item: Among the normal gear, I would have a 26,400gp item to let me use a quickened dimension leap once per day. 6th level spell when quickened x caster level 11 x 400 gp to be able to use it 1/day. Yes, 26,400 gp to be able to teleport 110 ft. once a day as a swift action. I want it that much.

I'd wear mithril full plate and boots of striding and springing so my movement would be 35.

The benefit here is that I'm focusing on the melee aspect, so I'll be a very strong warrior, probably with the highest attack bonus in the party. (Other warrior-esque PCs include a dual-bastard sword-wielding fighter 14 and a rogue 12/fighter 1/master thrower 1.)

Optional Rules: If I can, I'd like to convince the GM to let me replace the dimension door every 1d4 rounds to some lesser version, like maybe dimension leap. That way I could swap out the Spiked Chain proficiency for Quicken Spell-like ability, and just be able to use my own ability to teleport as a swift action 3/day.[/sblock]

Eldritch Knight 1
Human Fighter 1/Wizard (conjurer) 5/Eldritch Knight 7/Spellsword 1
[sblock]
Str 20, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 16, Wis 14, Cha 11

Feats: Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack, Power Attack, Combat Expertise, Whirlwind Attack, Scribe Scroll, Quicken Spell. Either Exotic Weapon Proficiency (spiked chain) or Arcane Strike (though I can't remember what it does).

My caster level is 12, I'm able to cast spells in a mithril chain shirt. My base attack bonus is +11/+6/+1. I'd be able to cast 3 6th level conjuration spells a day, which should be enough, since I hope I won't be needing to use quickened dimension leap in a fight too often.

Compared to the Horizon Walker version, my attack bonus is lower, and my AC is much weaker, but I've got a ton of spells to make up for it. I could wear boots of striding and springing and actually have a faster speed than the above version since I'm wearing light armor. I'd probably take tumble cross-class.

Optional Rules: If I can, I'd like the Conjurer abrupt jaunt ability from PHB2. Also, I'd really like to be able to swap out Scribe Scroll for another feat, like in one of the Unearthed Arcana variants.
[/sblock]

Eldritch Knight 2
Human Paladin of Freedom 2/Battle Sorcerer 5/Spellsword 1/Eldritch Knight 6

(This one only really works if the DM lets me use the metamagic sorcerer variant in PHB2, and the battle sorcerer in UA, and I'd kinda like to be a chaotic good paladin.)
[sblock]
Str 16, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 11, Cha 20

Feats: Don't know, honestly. I think there's some sort of Paladin feats I could take that would be fun. I'd still want Power Attack and Spring Attack. Anyone know if you can whirlwind attack with a smite?

My caster level is 11, so I can't quicken dimension leap, but I can use a Lesser Metamagic Rod of Quicken. It's quite an investment, but still cheaper than the thing I was going to buy for the Horizon Walker version. I'm able to cast spells in a mithril chain shirt. My base attack bonus is +11/+6/+1.

Compared to the first Eldritch Knight, my HP is a little higher, my saves are a lot higher. [/sblock]

Remove ads