Here's The Wizard Spell List From Extra Life

I remember when people used to put sentences and everything in their posts. It was a golden era.

I remember when people used to put sentences and everything in their posts. It was a golden era.

gyor

Legend
To be fair I believe some of the other ones from the starter spells made, they just weren't for Wizard Class like chaos bolt and ceremony.

gyor

Legend
I am not surprised (but disappointed) that they appear to have made the conjure demon spells like the other conjure spells, instead of the ones in the Old Black Magic UA. Hopefully they will add some extra danger in summoning them.

I'm find with a conjure elemental level risk, but for example the lesser demons we're completely not under control period, making the spell useless functional.

I'm fine with losing control of them if you lose consentration, some danger, but not too much danger.

hejtmane

Explorer
I am find with the book so far not sure why people are upset I like that we are getting new sub classes, now on spells this does not change anything for me and since it is missing the scag cantrips that is stupid in my book since they are the only can trip worth using as an ek or a gish. Then again I do not play adventure league so this has no effect on my games I allow EE, SCAG since I have both the book and an EE print out in a binder

Chaosmancer

Legend
A couple of these would have been useful to have earlier in my game, I've got a player attempting to ... create life for lack of a better phrase, and some of these spells like "life transference" or "create homonculus" would have made a smoother transition.

Also, some of these spells seem really interesting. Dawn and Wall of Light seem like fun ones to mess around with, Steel Wind Strike, Synaptic Static and Crown of Stars have some cool and evocative names.

Of course, can't talk about how good the spells actually are til we see them, but such is the way of things.

AmerginLiath

Adventurer
Lots of reprints from ToEE which seems odd to me, unless they are just trying to make as much of that PDF available in hardcover form. I can see this from a money making point of view, but also as a way to make the whole PHG +1 rule for adventure league easier to sort out also.

I’m guessing that it’s the PHB+1 rule, especially with the SCAG subclass reprints also in the book (recall also how Volo’s reprinted ToEE races). WotC seems to be building up more AG resources of late, from reading news here and elsewhere, so having implicit support for play-in-store in the books makes a degree of sense.

I'm find with a conjure elemental level risk, but for example the lesser demons we're completely not under control period, making the spell useless functional.

I'm fine with losing control of them if you lose consentration, some danger, but not too much danger.

I figure it is kind of like wall of X: you have a barrier, and anyone outside the barrier trying to get in takes whatever damage the minor demons can dish out, although given that there isn't much cover (for better or worse), maybe it is best to think of it as the fence of minor demons. Just like a devil can walk through a wall of fire without problems, a demon can walk through the fence of minor demons without problems.

I also figure that if conjure celestial has less risk then conjure elemental/conjure fey, because celestials are usually less hostile than elementals and fey, then demons who are more hostile (maybe the most hostile possible) should have more risk to them. It wouldn't take much, maybe if your conjured demon dies, a free-willed shadow demon forms, or to borrow from 4e, idle hands are the demon lord's playground, and every round the demon isn't attacking something under your orders, it will attack whoever is nearest to it.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads