• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Here's The Wizard Spell List From Extra Life

I remember when people used to put sentences and everything in their posts. It was a golden era.

I remember when people used to put sentences and everything in their posts. It was a golden era.

CapNorge

Explorer
Is anyone else really disappointed there's really a lack of new abjuration spells? I know it's not the favorite spell school for most (it is mine), but c'mon....

Arilyn

Hero
Is anyone else really disappointed there's really a lack of new abjuration spells? I know it's not the favorite spell school for most (it is mine), but c'mon....

Yes, and divination is lacking as well. I would like to see a closer balance between numbers of the different school spells. It was disheartening to discover that there was a level or two with no divination spells for my diviner. I like the abjuration school too, by the way!

gyor

Legend
Honestly the Wizards have tons of spells, more then Sorcerors and Clerics combined, so I'm okay with some focus on spells, for other classes too.

Besides diviners and abjurers aren' restricted to their schools

I saw bits about Mighty Fortress from the Gale Force 9 cards, it has a 1 minute casting time, instant duration (it's permanent and undispelable). It's makes an actual fortress.

Ceremony is still in, with seven day effects in stead of a single day effects.

Mephista

Adventurer
Dragon's Breath. Glad to see it as a spell that's coming, sorcerers should be happy. Sorcerers should also be unhappy that a very thematic spell they should have sole dominion over gets swiped by the wizard. Poor sorcerers, always doomed to live in the wizard's shadow

Arilyn

Hero
Honestly the Wizards have tons of spells, more then Sorcerors and Clerics combined, so I'm okay with some focus on spells, for other classes too.

Besides diviners and abjurers aren' restricted to their schools

I saw bits about Mighty Fortress from the Gale Force 9 cards, it has a 1 minute casting time, instant duration (it's permanent and undispelable). It's makes an actual fortress.

Ceremony is still in, with seven day effects in stead of a single day effects.

No, they are not restricted to their own schools, but it seems strange to me to hit a level where I can't take a spell from my school. Also, some schools have abilities that require the wizard to have slots with a particular school spell. WOTC should have balanced the numbers in the players guide to begin with. They didn't, so it should have been rectified in the new book. It's still a problem that is being ignored, however, which is a shame.

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
What about this list of spells makes you feel like that?

I can't speak for anybody but myself, but the developing trend of material reprinted from earlier sources (SCAG, EE Companion) is disappointing. It smacks of the font size increase WoTC implemented in the later 3.5 era books, in the sense that it seems to serve mainly as a way to reduce the amount of actual new content in they have to create.

jgsugden

Legend
Just a thought but for every new spell we gain under level 9, Wish becomes that much more powerful of a spell.
Yeah -kind of ... I'm betting the number of spells from this book that are cast via Wish over a one year period across all games in the world will be pretty low... Not many Catnaps via Wish likely to happen.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads