• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes of Highdale OOC

Ilium

First Post
Take average HPs. At 10th level for Rogue that's 3, plus your con modifier. At odd levels you would get 4 plus modifiers.

Totally off-topic, but I just had a new guy join our FTF group. He's playing a 10th level rogue/bard and he's got a grand total of 27 hit points. Blech. I have no idea how I'm going to keep from pasting him the first combat he gets in. :)

Ilium

First Post
Ok, here's what I've found in the adventure and my faulty memory. :)

Code:
Item                                 Market Price
Bracers of armor +2                   4000 
ring of protection +1                 2000
lesser metamagic rod (Silent Spell)   3000
wand of scorching ray (18 charges)    4500 Prorated to 1620
potion of lesser restoration           300
2 potions of magic fang                 50 Each
spiffy strongbox with key               50

Golden vial with ruby stopper          500 
Silver and jade lamp                   500
      w/continual flame

Various coin and gems                 7000
Tappakaupias was willing to pay you 3/4 market price for each magic item, up to a max of 5000 GP out-of-pocket for him.

In addition he was willing to sell you other items for 3/4 market price, up to 3000 GP market value (minor stuff basically)

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Does 'prorated to 1620' mean 'it's worth 1620 because it's only 18 charges left'?

Ilium

First Post
Jdvn1 said:
Does 'prorated to 1620' mean 'it's worth 1620 because it's only 18 charges left'?
That's correct. The market value is 1,620 GP, which means you'd normally be able to get about 810 for it, but Tappakaupias would be willing to pay 1215.

Jdvn1

So assuming we keep the potion of lesser restoration and the thing of continual flame, that would be... 11270gp in stuff. Which means we'd sell for 3/4, which is 8452.5gp (I thought he bought up to 10k, but I don't remember for sure anymore... I just remember it all fitting into his budget).

Anyway, hm. He'll buy up to 6666gp worth of stuff, then. So, the rest is 4604gp worth of stuff to sell, which we sell for half price, or 2302gp.

So, we sell for a total of 7302. Divide by 4 for 1825.5gp per person.

Anyone want to check my math?

(The bracers, the wand, and the strongbox come out to 6670gp--close enough to let the numbers slide, Ilium?)

Oh, oops. There's also 7k in gold and gems. Divide that by four to get 1750gp, which puts the per-person total to 3575.5gp.

Last edited:

Ilium

First Post
That sounds close enough for government work. :)

As soon as everybody re-spends their money and updates their character sheets we can get back to it.

I don't want to go too much farther without people spending their money. Make of that what you will. :)

Jdvn1

I'll be gone from the 23rd to the 28th. Not sure if I'll have time to buy stuff beforehand. :uhoh:

I'm going to New York City for the first time ever! :D

D20Dazza

Explorer
Cool Jdvn1, have a blast.

Like I said I changed most of my gold to gems. I only purchased a couple of potions of darkvision and a couple of scrolls of spider climb.

Ilium

First Post
Have a good time, Jdvn1! Let's see...the 28th is Sunday, and the next day is Memorial Day here in the States, so I probably won't be online. Would everybody else like to try to carry on without Girble or should we wait and start in earnest on the 30th?

Remove ads