• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hewligan's Rise of the Runelords: The Skinsaw Murders

Fenris

Adventurer
OOC:

I'm here, folks, and working up a post, but it might take a little while, as I've a major Biology test tomorrow. But, post is a coming and awesome megapost, hewligan. :D

OOC: Hey Friadoc, if you ever need some help with Biology this term I know a few things in that field ;)

Jovik watches the ceremony with a mixture of curiosity and anticipation. He finds he is rocking in his chair. As the ceremony ends, he relaxes back, not nearly as visibly excited as Jokad. Not that he wasn't as excited, he just didn't want to show it. Jovik flashed a smile though that he could not contain once Kael spoke.

Friadoc

Explorer
It is after that simple inquiry that Kael looks at his surroundings and the weight of it dawns more fully upon his tired, resuscitated mind.

"Oh," says Kael. However, before he can say anything further, Mal burrows his furry face into the side of his master and nearly smothers the man back to the Great Beyond. After several moments, though, the familiar backs down and off, allowing his master to look at his allies, those fellow Wolves of Sandpoint.

Eyes moist with a joy that, thus far, has gone unspoken, Mal nods to each of his companions, nay not companions, but friends.

"I'm sorry I couldn't be there until the end," says Kael as his nod slowly subsides. "But, I'm glad that you're all safe and humbled at whatever ...." The pause is brief, as the young varisian is at a lose for words. "I'm just humbled and thankful to be back among you all, my friends."

"I'll do my best to show my gratitude for this gift, at your sides," finishes Kael as he indicates past you. "But, I think someone wishes to speak with us."

With that, Kael is silent, for now, as he listens to the Mayor and the others speak, as if a serenity has him focused.

OOC

Thanks for the offer, Fenris, I'm sure to take advantage of it, as needed. But, I'm fairly sure (knock on wood) that I nailed the test today, thanks to all my studying and Doc Amoia's study sessions.

hewligan

First Post
OOC: Jokad will want to take his share of the reward and commission some magical armor (+2 breastplate sounds nice! $4350 gp). Since it has to be MW to start, perhaps a bas-relief wolf's head on the breast and wolf skulls for shoulder plates.

Definitely want the other stuff identified. If Kael can't do it we'll pay for it somehow.

That armour should be fine - highly decorative +2 breastplate with wolf emblems. It will take around 2 months to craft, but you will be having some down-time in-game after this adventure before the next one starts (albeit not much down-time in real life), so you could spend your time between Magnimar and Sandpoint, and have the armour ready in time for the next adventure. It doesn't leave you with much free cash, but it does give you a nice boost to AC.

hewligan

First Post
I need to know what else people want to buy, sell, spend (on identify, etc.). Can someone list ALL items you want identified, and how you are going to do it. Also all items you each individually want to procure and sell, and calculate your own balance of gold pieces please.

On an unrelated point - I finally get a new Mac tomorrow (the new iMac), and stop using my 8 inch netbook to do posts, so hopefully this will make updating a little less painful for me.

frostrune

First Post
OOC: OK went back through and compiled this loot list:

Spear (Impaler of Thorns) - sounds cool ;)
Xanesha's mask
damaged snakeskin armor (maybe worth 300 gp as is)
Medalion with 7-pointed star
gold ring with shield symbol

53 pp

I propose we get all this identified - 4 items so 400 gp. To pay for it I would suggest we seel the snakeskin armor and dip into the coin for the extra. Should leave us with 43 pp (approx 11 pp each).

Let's see what this stuff is before we agree to keep it or sell it.

hewligan

First Post
OOC: OK went back through and compiled this loot list:

Spear (Impaler of Thorns) - sounds cool ;)
Xanesha's mask
damaged snakeskin armor (maybe worth 300 gp as is)
Medalion with 7-pointed star
gold ring with shield symbol

53 pp

I propose we get all this identified - 4 items so 400 gp. To pay for it I would suggest we seel the snakeskin armor and dip into the coin for the extra. Should leave us with 43 pp (approx 11 pp each).

Let's see what this stuff is before we agree to keep it or sell it.

Also, from Ironbriar's house:

Armangac worth 200gp
Fine bone dice worth 80gp
3 x Jade figurine 50gp each
2 potions (need identifying)
Very high quality silver punching dagger (needs identifying)
Fine belt with a buckle of ornate silver swords, crossed in defence (needs identifying)

Assuming you sell these additional items for half value then you will get 215gp. You also require 4 additional identify spells (unless someone can identify potions with a skill) at a cost of 400gp.

Remember your gold reward as well.

frostrune

First Post
OOC: I hope the potions could be identifed via a skill check (spellcraft DC 25). Shelling out 100 gp per casting for a potion that may well cost less than that to buy. Kael would have to roll pretty darn good though. Oh well.

I guess the extra 400 gp would basically wipe out 40 of the 43 remaining pp. We would also sell the small items from Ironbriar's.

So (assuming we have to identify everything) by my math we would have 245 gp remaining plus the items.

So 61 gp each and a # of items to divy up or sell. Please give us the lowdown on the items Mr. DM. :D

Fenris

Adventurer
OOC: Jovik would like to keep the fine bone dice if that is Ok with you guys. For the reward money, Jovik would like to get a ring of protection +1 (2,00o gp) and a Mithral chain shirt +1 (2,100 gp). Jovik has been getting hit WAY to much lately. That or he needs to switch to a ranged rogue ;)

Rhun

First Post
OOC: I would like to suggest that everyone contributes 188 gold from their share to buy a Wand of Lesser Vigor for effective out of combat healing. That might help Danth keep more spells ready for combat.

Remove ads