Hewligan's Rise of the Runelords: The Skinsaw Murders

hewligan

First Post
Potion of Neutralize Poison
Caster Level 9
Duration: 90 minutes

You detoxify any sort of venom in the creature or object touched. A poisoned creature suffers no additional effects from the poison, and any temporary effects are ended, but the spell does not reverse instantaneous effects, such as hit point damage, temporary ability damage, or effects that don’t go away on their own.

The creature is immune to any poison it is exposed to during the duration of the spell. Unlike with delay poison, such effects aren’t postponed until after the duration —the creature need not make any saves against poison effects applied to it during the length of the spell.

This spell can instead neutralize the poison in a poisonous creature or object for the duration of the spell, at the caster’s option.

hewligan

First Post
OOC: You owe the Mage 650gp in total for his Identify spells. Also, let me know if you wish to sell the mask using him, and what other items you want to sell, buy, keep, etc.

Friadoc

Explorer
OOC

Hey, all. I should have a list of purchases for Kael, as well as some of what he'd like to do, or have done, during the down time up tomorrow. Also, are we fully switching to Pathfinder for the next stuff or are we waiting on that?

Fenris

Adventurer
OOC: Ok my two coppers. I think we ought to sell the mask. Does Jokad want the spear? Or anyone else? Sell the tunic. Destroy the medallion? Silver dagger Jovik doesn't want, anyone else? I say sell it. Jovik wouldn;t mind the belt or the ring. Maybe Kael should get the other piece. I think we need to pitch in some cash for Danth for that wand but also a wand or two of Cure Light and Cure Moderate Wounds. We should keep the potions. We if we sell the things above (but not the spear or medallion) we should clear 7,000 or so. If Jokad takes the spear and Jovik gets the belt or ring and if Kael takes the other item, we can give Danth soem extra to buy something nicer ;) But those are suggestions, I want to hear what all of you want/need. But I definitley second Rhun's suggestion and want to add a wand or two to it.

hewligan

First Post
OOC

Hey, all. I should have a list of purchases for Kael, as well as some of what he'd like to do, or have done, during the down time up tomorrow. Also, are we fully switching to Pathfinder for the next stuff or are we waiting on that?

It has not been decided yet. I am leaning towards staying with 3.5e for the next adventure as the OOC thread suggested that nobody other than me has the full Core Rulebook at present for Pathfinder, and while there is an SRD online, it is probably best that we stick with what we have. I am, however, still flexible, and we still have a few weeks to make up our mind. We should decides ASAP though, as the characters (except Kael, of course) need to level up shortly.

Friadoc

Explorer
It has not been decided yet. I am leaning towards staying with 3.5e for the next adventure as the OOC thread suggested that nobody other than me has the full Core Rulebook at present for Pathfinder, and while there is an SRD online, it is probably best that we stick with what we have. I am, however, still flexible, and we still have a few weeks to make up our mind. We should decides ASAP though, as the characters (except Kael, of course) need to level up shortly.

OOC
I totally understand that, although I do own the Core Rulebook for Pathfinder. Either way is cool with me, though.

frostrune

First Post
Impaler of Thorns
Aura: moderate enchantment
Price: 9,000 gp (you could sell it for about 40% of that here, or 50% in a larger city)

Description: The impaler of thorns is an ancient weapon dating back to Thassilonian times, where it was often used by city guards to aid in breaking up civil unrest. An impaler’s shaft is made of darkwood, its head a thorn like, wide-bladed barb. When used in combat, successful critical hits are accompanied by an unsettling screech, as of some wild beast in anger.

Once per day as it strikes a foe, you can trigger it (as a free action) to unleash a 30-foot-radius burst of despair that affects all creatures not wielding an impaler of thorns. Creatures affected must make DC 16 Will saves or become overwhelmed with sadness and despair, suffering a –2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls for 6 minutes. The target struck when this effect is triggered must also make a second DC 16 Will save to resist becoming nauseated with despair for 1 round.

Note - this effect would impact others in the party who are close enough!

Operates as a spear dealing 2d6 damage.

Hew - is there an enhancement bonus to this (+1, +2)? Is it a regular spear or a long spear? If regular, can it be thrown? Range increment?

I kind of dig this item. Really wondering if it could be thrown and if it hits, could you trigger the pulse of despair? That could be very useful :]

frostrune

First Post
Item stuff:

I agree on selling the snakeskin tunic (+2000 gp), mask (+4500 gp, after broker fee), and silver punch dagger (+161 gp).

We owe 650 gp to the identifying wizard.

Ignoring my earlier posts, we have 53 pp and 175 gp (selling liquor & jade figures, Jovik keeping the dice) = 705 gp. Assuming this to pay for the identifys...

We are left with 55 gp in coin.

The spear has some interest from me as does the belt and medallion. Jokad is not terribly concerned about the 'evil' warnings of the old wizard.

Once we decide on what we are selling I would propose we subtract any group costs from the spoils before divying it up. Danth can get his much needed wands and such.

PF rules: I do not have the PF rulebook but the SRD seems pretty good. The little I have read looks cool as well. I would be OK with switching if that is what the group decides.

Last edited:

Fenris

Adventurer
OOC:I have the Pathfinder Beta book, I will be getting the core book once the next print hits stores. In the meantime, the SRD works very well to find the changes and even to create a character. Heck I only use the SRD for our game now. One thing to consider is that our characters would be a bit more powerful and survive a bit better under PF which may help.

Remove ads