• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hey, this ain't MY Modern!

Cowpie Zombie

First Post
What's up with this cover? I found it surfing randomly the other day. Is it the European edition of D20 Modern? Anyone know?

Attachments

• Modern.jpg
    Modern.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 169

d4

First Post
Cowpie Zombie said:
What's up with this cover? I found it surfing randomly the other day. Is it the European edition of D20 Modern? Anyone know?
looks like early concept art.

WOTC often throws up a mock cover just to have something to show on the internet before the real cover is finalized.

post #666!

Last edited:

DeBracy

First Post
That must be from the same photo session as the final cover - only difference is that the chick went and changed to a red dress which ended up on the cover, right? :D

Speaking of Modern-covers... am I the only one who thinks they look real nice? The "three people standing around looking cool"-thing mentioned in the "drooling over Future"-thread gives the books a nice identity imho. :)

Last edited:

Cowpie Zombie

First Post
DeBracy said:
That must be from the same photo session as the final cover - only difference is that the chick went and changed to a red dress which ended up on the cover, right? :D

Speaking of Modern-covers... am I the only one who thinks they look real nice? The "three people standing around looking cool"-thing mentioned in the "drooling over Future"-thread gives the books a nice identity imho. :)

Yep. I also like the "Bound in Metal" look.

Cowpie Zombie said:

It's the early concept art; they made changes to the final art and layout based on feedback (e.g. the pink-haired girl looked "too anime/cyberpunk," which I totally disagree with but that's neither here nor there).

I love the D20 Modern cover designs, art and layout both.

KoOS

TheAntisocial

First Post
I also think that the guy on the left's staff had a magic thing on the end, and I think he had an energy ball in his other hand.
(I don't have my books with me, so this is just by memory)

Remove ads