HM's Carrion Crown AP - OOC

Qik

First Post
NP on the Lore Warden - an archtype that should have been in Ultimate Magic don't you think?

Yes a fighter/summoner would have 350gp to spend.

I wish to divide up that loot before we start - doing that here in the ooc - in the IC I was thinking of having the two new characters meeting with the entire old group then while Halál and Gregori go off to investigate something important (not sure yet but they would both become NPCs) the new group would head back to Harrowstone once more. (Halál and Gregori would then put the looted items back into the mix to be divided as they will be needed at Harrowstone.)

That would give us some RP with the new - refresh ourselves with the old - and then tackle the dungeon once more.

Still up in the air anyone else have an idea? I'm sure the Professor met more than just the four of you named in the will and others might like to look into his "mysterious" death.

Looking for a Start this time next week if we can swing it.

HM

Yeah, the Lore Warden is one of the more interesting Fighter archetypes, IMO. Deserves to be from a more central source.

My thinking with Loh is that her eidolon had always been an imaginary friend of sorts, that only she could see, but manifested in full in a time of need, helping her escape from (a wrongful) imprisonment. Since then, she's been on the run, and having heard about the professor as an expert in arcanic curiosities, she got in touch with him to see if he could explain her eidolon's origins. The two grew to be close. Her lying low would explain the professor's omitting her from his will - didn't want to draw any undue attention to her. But once she got word, she went to find out more anyway.

I don't know much about why the PCs are where they are at the moment, though, so maybe somebody else can a) give me a brief rundown and b) suggest a reason for her showing up there. Perhaps Loh went to see Kendra, and Kendra recommended she catch up with you guys?

Starting this time next week sounds good to me; might even be ready to roll earlier (though of course we can start whenever).

And as you can see, I will not be taking the name Gregori. ;)

Satin Knights

First Post
Firvin's updates look fine.
Marshan and Toddy's updates are done. The only thing I am missing is the treasure split, which I should be able to find in the posts somewhere.

Showing up a week late for the funeral, Kendra says she has people trying to figure out why her father died. Since she knows where we were going, she sends you on, with to raspberry tarts for Toddy, so that we know she sent you. She also gives you a cryptic warning. "What ever you do, do not buy boredom."

A quick run down: We showed up. We get blamed for everything going wrong. We save people's lives, but still are not appreciated much. Marshan gets a good reputation with the sheriff by answering questions like a soldier, straight simple facts. ;) More than that, well I will have to go reread what we did in the IC thread. There are four threads. In Character, Combat Thread (which is distilled by HM and highlights are copied back to the IC thread), OOC(here), and the Rogue's Gallery for character stats.

FYI: Your eidolon doesn't get HP as LPF. He gains them as if this was PFS or he was a standard bestiary beast. So, 6 for first level + 7 at second for 13 total. Loh's would be 10+4+Con+FC+8+Con+FC.

Marshan and Toddy don't have Precise Strike yet, but will be taking it as their feat at third level. Marshan didn't qualify at first level, but Loh doesn't suffer from that problem.

Qik

First Post
Thanks for the rundown, SK. Raspberry tarts sounds good, but Kee (Loh's eidolon) might sneak one of those en route. We'll see. :)

Here's what I have thus far. Some of it's pretty raw (might rejig Loh's stats to reduce the odd numbers, for instance), but it's indicative.

[sblock=Loh & Kee]Loh Janna

Chaotic Good Half-elf Summoner//Lore Warden 2

Str 16 (5) +2 racial
Dex 14 (5)
Con 11 (1)
Int 13 (3)
Wis 8 (-2)
Cha 13 (3)

HP 21 (not including Toughness)
AC 16 Touch 12 Flat-footed 14 (+4 Armor, +2 Dex)
Fort +3 Ref +0 Will +4 (+6 vs enchantments)
BAB +2

Racial Abilities:
- Low-light vision
- Keen Senses (+2 Perception)
- Dual-Minded (+2 Will saves)
- Elven Immunities (Immune to Sleep, +2 vs enchantments)

Feats:
- Toughness? Combat Reflexes? (level 1)
- Weapon Focus (Horsechopper) (fighter 1)
- Improved Trip (fighter 2)
- Combat Expertise (fighter 2 bonus)
- Improved Dirty Trick (level 3)
- Weapon Specialization (Horsechopper) (fighter 4)

Skills: 5/10
- Knowledge (Arcana) +5 (1 rank + 1 Int + 3 CS)
- Knowledge (Local) +5 (1 rank + 1 Int + 3 CS)
- Knowledge (Nature) +5 (1 rank + 1 Int + 3 CS)
- Knowledge (Religion) +6 (2 ranks + 1 Int + 3 CS)
- Perception +1 (-1 Wis + 2 Keen Senses)

Summoner Spells:
- 0 (infinite): Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Light, Guidance, ? (Drench?)
- 1 (3/day): Mage Armor, Lesser Rejuvinate Eidolon, Shield

Gear: MW Chain Shirt (100 gp), MW Horsechopper (10 gp), Heavy Flail (15 gp)

------------------------------
------------------------------
Kih Lah-Lah-Lah

Bipedal Eidolon 2

Str 19
Dex 13
Con 13
Int 7
Wis 10
Cha 11

HP 13
AC 17 Touch 11 Flat-footed 16 (+6 natural armor, +1 Dex)
Fort +4 Ref +0 Will +3
BAB +2

- MW Lucerne Hammer +7

Evolutions (4 pts): limbs (legs) (free), limbs (arms) (free), claws (free), Ability Increase (Str) (2), Improved Natural Armor (1), Skilled (Acrobatics)?

Feats:
- Martial Weapon Proficiency (Lucerne Hammer)

Skills: 6/8
**Extra Class Skills: Acrobatics, Disguise, Intimidate, ?
- Acrobatics +6 (2 ranks + 1 Dex + 3 CS)
- Perception +5 (2 ranks +0 Wis +3 CS)
- Survival +5 (2 ranks + 0 Wis + 3 CS)

Gear: MW Lucerne Hammer (15 gp)[/sblock]
Also, I've really been waffling about swapping Maneuver Master in for Lore Warden. Flurry of Maneuvers is just awesome, and I feel there will be some added versatility in there. Of course that lessons Loh's straight-up combat studliness, in terms of raw damage. But the free combat maneuver during a full attack might help to mitigate that.

The added complication is that I really like the idea of Kee, the eidolon, being chaotic good or chaotic neutral. Loh's personality is presently more malleable, but my conception for Kee really wants her to be chaotic (in a silly way, not a disruptive one).

Any thoughts?

Don't mean to drag my feet on this; just thinking out loud here.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Halál's got Precise Strike now - that's one of the reasons I took the Fighter dip. He'll dual wield a Dwarven War Axe and a throwing axe. Got his background re-fluffed in the RG, now I've just gotta get his main sheet redone.

Qik

First Post
Halál's got Precise Strike now - that's one of the reasons I took the Fighter dip. He'll dual wield a Dwarven War Axe and a throwing axe. Got his background re-fluffed in the RG, now I've just gotta get his main sheet redone.

Maybe I'll have Loh take Precise Strike, too. That way we all have options in that regard.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Anyone see anything wrong on Frivin's level up items? If not I can edit her sheet and be ready to go.

Just make note that you used the favored class point for +1HP. I had to work a little to figure that out. Level up looks good.

I don't know much about why the PCs are where they are at the moment, though, so maybe somebody else can a) give me a brief rundown and b) suggest a reason for her showing up there. Perhaps Loh went to see Kendra, and Kendra recommended she catch up with you guys?

We can use the whole late to the party play. The group is back outside the gates to the grounds. I updated the RG map and am about to do XP.

I will have Gergori play the bodyguard and stay outside. Someone has to be able to come rescue you all if you don't come out again.

Only thing left will be the loot. I'm going to go searching the thread to see what was discussed before. Need to get some use out of this membership.

HM

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Firvin would take 4 +1 Arrows, unless another archer wants them all (which I am fine with). 4 Silver arrows (or more if there is no other interest).

She will take two flasks of Holy Water (I suggest we get/make some more ?). 2d6 dmg vs. undead is nothing to sneeze at.

The scrolls, I am not sure if she should carry any of them or not. I will leave that up to the divine casters to decide.

Potions: 1-2 CLW since she is in the back and can apply them to fallen characters. She will carry the potions of lessor restoration too for that reason, but the cleric can take them instead.

1 sunrod (or more) and fashion a holder for it on her backpack so it can be used hands free. Take 10 on crafting.

1 Haunt siphon, assuming we each are taking one.

She will take the spirit planchette, but not sure it matters who takes it.

Gregori can probably make the best use of the Holy Water (Throw Anything feat and adds his INT to splash weapon damage).

Halál will take whatever arrows, holy water, etc. the group wishes him to have. For close combat he's got his Disrupt Undead cantrip in addition to his more mundane combat stuff.

It helps to recheck our inventory occasionally. We do have the means to fix Toddy. Whew!

Here's what I found out. looks like the loot never truly got finish being divided out. Maybe I should check the IC thread as well.

And looks like one of the lesser restoration potions was used.

HM

perrinmiller

Adventurer
I updated Firvin's character sheet (marked the spending of the FC bonus). I also noticed that she has her share of the treasure split on it from before. So I at least knew what she took.

Qik

First Post
Threw up what I have thus far in the Rogue Gallery thread. Still have a few decisions to make (traits, one evolution for Kee, and various misc. equipment purchases), but I'm otherwise finished. Will get those details sorted ASAP.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Gave the character(s) a Qik glance :p and looks good so far.

Will go into a more detailed one tomorrow and hopefully start us up on MON night.

HM

Remove ads