HO2 - House Cleaning (El Jefe Judging)

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
"Hey, look at this!" Kamdar holds up a case, "We're on the right track! What else did we need to find?"

Jdvn1

Kamdar nods in agreement--the logic does make sense. "Though, I'll bet you there are more bugs down there."

HugeOgre

First Post
Carefully making their way past the floor that caved in on them earlier, the group makes its way down the stairs to the lower level. Pushing past the broken furniture the group finds itself at the top of a steep set of stone stairs. A handrail runs the length of the stairs on both sides. Below, as darkness claims whatever details would otherwise be seen. Behind the group Tumna feebly speaks. "I think one of those centipedes must have bitten me. I dont feel well." As if on queue her knees buckle a bit but she catches herself. "I think I'll have a sit outside, if thats ok."

[sblock=Korash]The stairs go down twenty feet to a stone floor. Some plant life is visible. Numerous small insects scurry in the dark.[/sblock]
ooc: the basement is completely dark. Ive heard nothing from Tumna, so Im writing her out until/unless she returns.

Jdvn1

"Be careful with bugs on your way back, Tumna..."

Kamdar looks around, and not seeing much, decides to make it a little easier to see. He concentrates a bit, and four glowing balls of light appear, each providing as much light as a lantern.
[sblock=Dancing Lights]Dancing Lights
Evocation [Light]
Level: Brd 0, Sor/Wiz 0
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Effect: Up to four lights, all within a 10-ft.-radius area
Duration: 1 minute (D)
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

Depending on the version selected, you create up to four lights that resemble lanterns or torches (and cast that amount of light), or up to four glowing spheres of light (which look like will-o’-wisps), or one faintly glowing, vaguely humanoid shape. The dancing lights must stay within a 10-foot-radius area in relation to each other but otherwise move as you desire (no concentration required): forward or back, up or down, straight or turning corners, or the like. The lights can move up to 100 feet per round. A light winks out if the distance between you and it exceeds the spell’s range.

Dancing lights can be made permanent with a permanency spell. [/sblock]

Gli'jar

First Post
"Twenty feet to the bottom. Small critters and plants too. Pitch black, something could be hiding down there. I've got a torch if any of you need one" Koarsh relays. Upon the creation of the globes of light. "Lets move and make use of them to light up and give whatever may be living down there a headache."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
With the globes of light brightening the depths, Lookspring moves to the front of the group. He does his best to test the steps before putting his weight on it, not wanting another incident like the stairs going up. With axe in hand he proceeds slowly, looking for any signs of insects of unusual size.

Remove ads