House rules for my upcoming pbp game

Bront

The man with the probe
Sounds like fun, and I wish you luck :)

Good to hear you're open to listening about initiative.

Me, I'm way to busy to play much more at the moment, but figured I'd offer insight into your house rules.

As for allowing suplimental things, I simply said anything non-core needs to be run by me, and I request a more detailed explanation on their character sheet. I shouldn't have to run to the book for most feats, spells, and maybe even classes, core or not. Idealy, if you stick with the same, you can limit outside sources by saying no to what you don't want or making them detail it on their sheet if it's not a big deal :)

Thanee

First Post
The initiative could also create issues with effects with short durations...

All in all, I think it will make things more complicated, since you will often need spot rulings how to resolve situations, which never come up otherwise.

People could also abuse it by posting late on purpose in one round and then early in the next, in order to act twice without a chance of reaction in between. ;)

Bye
Thanee

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I've essentially been using this system in my Midwood pbp games for 10 months. There's been no issues with spot decisions and if anyone's trying to intentionally cheese the system, it hasn't worked out that well.

Cthulhudrew

First Post
These rules don't sound too far out of the ordinary to me. Just a shame that the octopus familiar I was hoping for doesn't seem like it will work out, though.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Cthulhudrew said:
These rules don't sound too far out of the ordinary to me. Just a shame that the octopus familiar I was hoping for doesn't seem like it will work out, though.
I'm actually playing with a guy with an air-breathing octopus familiar. :eek:

Cthulhudrew

First Post
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
I'm actually playing with a guy with an air-breathing octopus familiar. :eek:

That's funny.

Actually, now that I think of it, how cool would it be to play an Enchanter with a starfish familiar? You could throw it at your enemies and cast your charm spells through it. ;)

Remove ads