D&D 5E How can I optimize a hexblade pact of the blade warlock?

TheOneGargoyle

Explorer
Start with 15+2 Cha.
Polearm master, Elven accuracy (18 Cha), resilent Con, great weapon master, +2 Cha.

Taking scouting invocations, and then try to cast darkness (+devils sight) -> shadows of moil -> foresight + elemental weapon before battle.
Otherwise, use spells like suggestion.

For your last 3 levels, go battlemaster fighter with defensive style.

I'm probably missing something here but if you take the last 3 levels as fighter, how do you pick up the ASI to get the final +2 Cha ?

I love the elven accuracy build, but my only issue with it is that leaving GWM until 16 and +2 Cha until 19 is very late in the game, most games won't even reach that high. I'm not sure much can be done about it though, I'm guessing in practise skipping Resilient Con / Warcaster to bring GWM & +2 Cha earlier gives unsatisfactory results with losing concentration ....

mellored

Legend
I'm probably missing something here but if you take the last 3 levels as fighter, how do you pick up the ASI to get the final +2 Cha ?
Hmm... you can't. I got a little greedy there.

Maybe go warlock 19 / bard 1 for some inspiration dice.
Not sure if that's better or worse than staying with 18 Cha and going fighter 3.

I love the elven accuracy build, but my only issue with it is that leaving GWM until 16 and +2 Cha until 19 is very late in the game, most games won't even reach that high. I'm not sure much can be done about it though, I'm guessing in practise skipping Resilient Con / Warcaster to bring GWM & +2 Cha earlier gives unsatisfactory results with losing concentration ....
GWM doesn't add much unless you have advantage (or other to-hit boost). And if you lose concentration, you lose advantage (and elven accuracy). Though you shouldn't be hit often if you hide in darkness.

Once you reach level 17, it's not as big of a deal, since foresight is not concentration.

Remove ads