How do I Get Rid of the Facebook Twitter Etc Thing?

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
That isn't working anymore, at least not for me. I had mine set to "Yes" and it recently turned itself back on (about a day ago). I just tried doing it again and no luck, its still there.

Was already checked as "disabled".

Toggled setting, ensured it was on disable, sharing bar still shows up.

Yup. All same here.

Happening to me, too, in both Firefox and IE.

I'm in Chrome. There too.

I see all of those, *except* the vB4 Default Style.

Yup, again. Same here.

MarkB

Legend
I see all of those, *except* the vB4 Default Style.

Same here.

EWForumStyles.jpg

Looking forward to a fix for this.

Riley

Legend
Can't get rid of that darned sidebar, either.

Chrome browser. Disabled it. It is still there, even on the page on which it says "disabled." No vb64 option.

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
I have found a workaround for now.

It looks like the bar is coming from addthis.com, so I added *.addthis.com to my restricted sites list and the bar is now gone!

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Thanks [MENTION=16651]Rabulias[/MENTION] . How do I do that in Google Chrome? I've gone into the content management. Tried blocking it there. Tried blocking it under Javascript. Tried blocking it as a pop-up. I've tried it as "[*.]addthis.com" and "*.addthis.com" without the braces...

Nothing's making it go away! Where should I be restricting it?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
That bar has been there for a long, long time. I have literally no idea why its behaviour might have suddenly changed. It hasn't for me!

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
I agree that the bar has been there a long time. And I disabled it a long time ago.

And now its back regardless of the setting in the options.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I agree that the bar has been there a long time. And I disabled it a long time ago.

And now its back regardless of the setting in the options.

Yep, I fully understood the above posts. As I said, right now I have no idea why it's behaving differently. I'll keep poking around.

Remove ads