How do I Get Rid of the Facebook Twitter Etc Thing?

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[MENTION=92511]steeldragons[/MENTION], can you pm me where in the little stop sign thingy icon I am to add the blocked sight. I don't see what is being mentioned. I have Firfox

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
[MENTION=92511]steeldragons[/MENTION], can you pm me where in the little stop sign thingy icon I am to add the blocked sight. I don't see what is being mentioned. I have Firfox

It's AdBlockPlus (little red stop sign says ABP on it) in Google Chrome...I don't know if you have the same thing in Firefox. I don't have Firefox on my machine anymore.

On mine, you click on it, then hit "Block Element" then you have to individually right click on a separate block (twitter, facebook, etc...) and it blocks them individually. So then repeat (ABP, Bloick Element, right click the next piece of the bar, etc...) until they're all gone.

JamesonCourage

Adventurer
Just took about a week off to see if this had been fixed. Of course it wasn't (something that encourages people to share this site on social media is bound to be a low priority for Morrus). I would've taken more time off from this site (or stopped coming), but the Adblock solution seems to have worked.

Thanks to the others in this thread for your help, at least. XP given.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Just took about a week off to see if this had been fixed. Of course it wasn't (something that encourages people to share this site on social media is bound to be a low priority for Morrus). I would've taken more time off from this site (or stopped coming.

Are you deliberately trying to be rude?

Scott DeWar

It's AdBlockPlus (little red stop sign says ABP on it) in Google Chrome...I don't know if you have the same thing in Firefox. I don't have Firefox on my machine anymore.

On mine, you click on it, then hit "Block Element" then you have to individually right click on a separate block (twitter, facebook, etc...) and it blocks them individually. So then repeat (ABP, Bloick Element, right click the next piece of the bar, etc...) until they're all gone.
I do not have "block element" anywhere. I will have to just bare with it as I see leaving a sight for this thing is not logical.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I do not have "block element" anywhere. I will have to just bare with it as I see leaving a sight for this thing is not logical.

I'll get it fixed when I figure it out. I'm glad you value your membership of this community more than a sidebar and haven't issued any ultimatums. Thank you. :)

Scott DeWar

*tips hat* Morrus, You and your moderators and other important staff such as, but not limited to, darjr, work your tails off on this sight. A very high degree of leeway needs to be given to you due to your tireless efforts at keeping a fun game siht free and clear of threats in this electronic medium.

*gets off soapbox*

JamesonCourage

Adventurer
Are you deliberately trying to be rude?
I'm trying to be honest, not rude. I have a lot of respect for what you do with this site, and for how the moderators handle stuff here. But I was throwing my two cents into a Meta thread. I didn't mean to be offensive, if that's how you took it. It is what I think, though (since as of this point, I have no reason not to). If I'm wrong (which I'll take at face value, if you tell me), then I apologize.

Remove ads