How do you use a butter knife?

Which side of the knife do you use to spread on bread?

• Curved side (blade) against the bread

Votes: 30 93.8%
  • Flat side (back) against the bread

Votes: 2 6.3%

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Smoked Gouda also makes for a fantastic macaroni and cheese.

Yes it does.

FWIW, I have a drawer in my fridge filled with @$80-100 worth of cheeses of various kinds (though I segregate the American cheese to a separate part of the fridge).

You could say that...I believe in cheeses. Cheeses are just alright with me. I have accepted cheeses as my personal savor.

You could say that, but probably shouldn't.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Also, just to be clear, "American Cheese" to us Americans refers to a specific "bland" cheese product, usually served in slices for sandwiches (ala Kraft Cheese slices). The term would be inappropriate to use to refer to all cheese made in America

I did not know that. You learn something new every day!

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Here's one: instead of cream cheese, try garlic herbed D'Affinois Brie on your bagels, especially with lox, red onion, and black pepper. Awesome!

Also, just to be clear, "American Cheese" to us Americans refers to a specific "bland" cheese product, usually served in slices for sandwiches (ala Kraft Cheese slices). The term would be inappropriate to use to refer to all cheese made in America (per the states that are VERY proud of their cheese making heritage and don't want their product associated with the specific product called "American Cheese"

Heck, because of said cheese "product", it's inappropriate to use the term "American Cheese" to refer to any cheese made in America.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
tumblr_mqmpk6T1YP1sqljruo3_500.jpg

tumblr_mqbs5m38uy1rsxbxio1_500.jpg

tumblr_mih5v7atrC1rp64j4o1_500.jpg

Remove ads