Hunted: Enemies of the Empire OOC (Recruiting Closed)

Max

First Post
I'd like to join the game as well. I've recently gotten the SAGA book and I'm very interested to see how the changes play out.

Rough character concept: I'm looking to play a Sullustan scout. When Zin's Renegades need to extract a "client" someone needs to lead the way. Sril Nevv is a member of the extraction team, trained to sneak in, grab the client, and get them back out alive. Preferably without anyone noticing.

He would probably concentrate on the camouflage and awareness talent trees.

If that basic concept works for you, I'll get to work providing more details and character stats.

Thanks,

Max

Einan

First Post
I too just got the book and I'd like to play a droid scoundrel. An older model droid that's seen a few too many years and a few too many owners. He's grumpy and obnoxious, but good with a blaster and a ship.

Einan

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Max said:
I'd like to join the game as well. I've recently gotten the SAGA book and I'm very interested to see how the changes play out.

Rough character concept: I'm looking to play a Sullustan scout. When Zin's Renegades need to extract a "client" someone needs to lead the way. Sril Nevv is a member of the extraction team, trained to sneak in, grab the client, and get them back out alive. Preferably without anyone noticing.

He would probably concentrate on the camouflage and awareness talent trees.

If that basic concept works for you, I'll get to work providing more details and character stats.

Thanks,

Max

That sounds great. I look forward to hearing more.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Einan said:
I too just got the book and I'd like to play a droid scoundrel. An older model droid that's seen a few too many years and a few too many owners. He's grumpy and obnoxious, but good with a blaster and a ship.

Einan

Only catch with a droid is that it is likely Zin would have its memory wiped before adding it to the team. The personality is fine though. It could be part of his programming.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
In theory I have four players interested, but just to make it clear, I will need you to submit a complete character before September 16th to be considered. I will favor those who signed up first, but it is not a guarantee.

James Heard

Explorer
Ashantala Oralandi

Destiny 1 Force Points 5 Dark Side
Medium Near Human Female (Mirilian) Jedi 1
Init +6; Perception +7
Languages Basic, Mirillian
–––––––––––––––––––––––––
Defenses Fort 11 Ref 12 Will 13,
Hit Points 30; Threshold 1
Spd 6 squares (walking)
Melee lightsaber +1 (2d8)
Ranged sporting blaster pistol +2 (3d4)
Base Attack +1; Grapple +2
Atk Options None
Special Actions None
Force Powers Known (Use the Force +12): Farseeing, Mind Trick, Move Object
Abilities Str 10, Dex 13, Con 10, Int 12 , Wis 14, Cha 14
Talents Force Pilot (Sense)
Feats Force Sensitivity, Force Training, Skill Focus (Use the Force), Weapon Proficiency (Lightsabers, Simple Weapons)
Skills Initiative +6, Perception+7, Pilot +6, Use the Force +12
Possessions lightsaber, sporting blaster pistol, SR commlink (encrypted), All-Temperature Cloak, Blaster Holster, Concealed Lightsaber Wrist Holster, Basic Datapad, Aquata Breather, 25 cr
Experience 0
Age 20
Height 1.6 meters
Weight 46 kg
Hair Dark Green
Eyes Black

Appearance Ashantala has dark, knowing eyes that seem to flit about her surroundings looking for possible dangers at all times. She wears her worn environmental cloak at all times, and hides her long ringlets of green hair underneath a Mirilian ceremonial headwrap. Her exotic beauty gains her many stares, but her body language invites no one. Often she can be seen tapping away at the journal she keeps on her datapad, which never leaves her side.

Background Yellow of skin and green of hair, Mirilians differ only cosmetically from the rest of humanity but despite that fact they have went from honored members of the Senate to rebels to second-class "aliens" in Ashantala's lifetime. Born on the dusty planet of Mirial, Ashantala was pledged at an early age to serve and learn of Mirial's Jedi traditions. When the Clone Wars began though, Mirial severed its ties with the Empire and that tradition was tossed into turmoil as some Jedi decided to serve the Empire and others fought for the Confederacy.

Ashantala was off-planet, serving Master Yoda and the other Jedis at the Jedi Temple as a masterless Padawan, mostly unconcerned with the comings and goings of the Clone Wars, when she suddenly turned from her errands and boarded a light freighter leaving the system. That was only hours before the Jedi Purge began.

Never staying one place for very long, never making friend or foe, became a habit for her. Often she would hire on as a pilot or even a dancing girl, it mattered not as long as she kept moving. Eventually she made her way to the relative safety of Zin's Renegades.

Personality Ashantala was horribly traumatized by the destruction of the Jedi Temple, and survivor's guilt weighs heavily upon her. She often sees others with lesser burdens as weak and inferior, which she recognizes as dark, dangerous path to be wary of. She's terrified of the Empire, but she's almost as terrified of herself because of the feelings of rage that sometimes surface to wash away the fear. Subsequently, Ashantala often spends much of her free time writing about these feelings and meditating, never letting anyone too close to her else she shame the memory of the Jedi.

Max

First Post
Nyub Devv CL 1

Medium Sullustan scout 1
Destiny 1; Force 5; Dark Side 0
Init +3; Senses Darkvision, Perception +6
Languages Basic, Bothese, Durese, Sullustese

Defenses Ref 16 (flat-footed 13), Fort 13, Will 12
hp 25; Threshold 13

Speed 6 squares
Melee knife +0 (1d4+0) or
Melee unarmed +0 (1d4+0)
Ranged sporting blaster rifle +3 (3d6+0) (add +1/+1 for PBS) or
Ranged sporting blaster pistol +3 (3d4+0) (add +1/+1 for PBS) or
Ranged ion pistol +3 (3d6+0) (add +1/+1 for PBS) or
Base Atk +0; Grp +3

Abilities Str 10, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 13, Cha 8
Special Qualities Darkvision, Expert Climber, Heightened Awareness
Talents Improved Stealth
Feats WP (pistols, rifles, simple), Point Blank Shot
Skills Climb +5, Endurance +6, Mechanics +7, Perception +6, Pilot +8, Stealth +8, Survival +6
Possessions sporting blaster rifle, sporting blaster pistol, ion pistol, knife, all-temperature cloak, breath mask, credit chip, hip holster (x2), mesh tape, targeting scope, utility belt (3 day food supply, medpac, tool kit, power pack (x5), energy cell (x5), glow rod, short-range comlink (encrypted), liquid cable dispenser)

Notes:-
Nyub is a native of Sullust, where his parents both work for SoroSuub. His parents always assumed he would follow them into the factory to work for the massive SoroSuub corporation, however Nyub could never stand being cooped up inside. Much tougher than the average Sullustan, he preferred to be out in the harsh elements or climbing through the caves of his native world.

Eventually, Nyub decided he needed to get out and see the Galaxy. Shipping out on a tramp freighter, much against the wishes of his parents, he ended up being stranded on a fringe world. He proved to be a much better tracker and hunter than many of the natives, and so survived by tracking down dangerous game that threatened the local livestock. Not exactly what he had in mind when he set out to see the Galaxy, but it paid the bills.

All of that changed when he was recruited to join Zin's Renegades. Although friendly and even talkative at times, Nyub is not a very forceful person and tends to naturally fade into the background. This skill of disappearing, along with his darkvision, made him a natural scout for Zin, especially for night work. Nyub has no particular grudge against the Empire, however Zin rescued him off a backwater planet, and has given him an exciting job that let's him see some of the Galaxy, and he is grateful for that. Not to mention, if things break right, it should pay well!

Nyub is a non-descript Sullustan, standing a slightly below average 1.45 meters.

Edit: I forgot to put my 1st level feat down, Point Blank Shot

Last edited:

Einan

First Post
HX-33
Destiny 1 Force Points 5 Dark Side
Medium 4th Degree Droid Scoundrel 1
Init +9; Perception +7
Languages Basic, Binary
Defenses Reflex 17, Will 12, Fortitude 11
Hit Points 18; Threshold 16
Spd 6 squares (walking)
Melee stun baton +0 (2d6 stun)
Ranged Heavy blaster pistol +4 (3d8) or
Ranged Heavy Blaster pistol +5 (3d8+1) with point blank shot or
Ranged Heavy Blaster Pistol +6 (3d8+1) with point blank shot and skirmisher
Base Attack +0; Grapple +0
Atk Options None
Special Actions None
Abilities STR 11 DEX 18 CON - INT 14 WIS 10 CHA 6
Talents Skirmisher
Feats Point Blank Shot, Weapon Proficiency Pistols, Simple Weapons, Improved Damage Threshold
Skills Initiative +9, Mechanics +7, Perception +7, Pilot +9, Stealth +9, Use Computer +7
Possessions Heuristic processor, 2 arm appendages, hip holster (heavy blaster pistol), vocabulator, internal comlink, improved sensor package, darkvision, locked access, 5 kilograms compartment space (stun baton, hold-out blaster, ion pistol, 2 frag grenades, tool kit, security kit, 2 spare power packs, 2 spare energy cells)
Experience 0
Appearance HX-33 is a thin gun metal grey bipedal humanoid droid that walks with a slight roll to its steps. Its head is shaped like a bucket with sensors spaced evenly along its circumference. When it speaks, its voice issues from a small box on its chest, which seems bolted on after manufacture, giving it a slightly cobbled together look. It carries a heavy blaster on its hip, giving it the seeming of a gunslinger. A rusty, obsolete wreck of a gunslinger.

Background HX-33 has had its memory wiped so many times that it’s almost comical. Its skill set seems to suggest that it was a security droid, and its penchant for explosions backs that up. However, its personality suggests that it was supposed to be used for target practice and somehow survived.

Quote: “This unit is certified for search and rescue operations. Do you require your rescuees to be alive and fully functional? This unit is programmed to provide mostly functional, with a slim chance of alive.”

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
The 4 that are currently posted look like and interesting group:

A Ithorian Jedi Guardian that is not specialized in combat and whose primary skill is to hide himself from other Force users

A Mirilian Jedi Pilot that is not also specialized in combat but has other Force abilities

A Sullustan Scout who is stealthy and pretty good with a gun

A Droid Scoundrel that is stealthy, good with other mechanical devices and is good with gun.

We have 1/2 stealth, 1/2 strong Ranged and 1/2 OK melee. :)

Remove ads