I AM GROOT! (or I just saw Guardians of the Galaxy)

Scorpio616

First Post
Definitely liked Thanos's design more in the Avengers post ending scene with Damion Poitier than that CGI-mess of a face they had in this one.
thanos-actor.jpg

Yeah, I can go with that.
The good:
Lots of great one liners.
Some where better than others, but still, pretty good and funny stuff.

The bad:
The flick feels like a big exposition.
I'm guessing they'll have a part 2 or crossover with Avengers.

Thanos:
Yup, he is in there. Is costume is rather ostentatious. Lots of gold, not a lot of purple. Not sure I agree with what they did to his face. Most powerful being in the galaxy? Interesting fight with Hulk to be seen.
I found Thanos less than intimidating. He is pretty forgettable.

Cosmo:
Yup, in there. He is a tromphy of the Collector until he is freed (by accident) by the GotG. I guess he could be a character in the next film and Knowhere could be a hub for the GotG. Maybe.
Possibly.

The Collector:
He gave us an exposition! And Tenebrous! Not much else. I wonder if he'll be back.
More than likely.

The Nova Corps:
What a let down. I would have expected Nova Prime to charge up as a last resort into a Nova (with the powers they have in the comics) to fight the Infinity Stone powered up Ronan. Maybe even deputise lots of people in the Galaxy by Novaing them up. Nope. They just have a costume (nice helm) and some ships. Boooo!
Truly a disappointing showing by the Nova Corps.

Gamora:
Confused background and motivations. Deadliest woman in the galaxy? I laugh at thee.
Yup.

Batista the Wrestler:
Some good lines, was dumb like one version of Drax... Good casting, I guess.
I'm going to have to disagree. His acting was terrible.

Rocket:
Better than any of you haters would have thought he would be!
Yeah, defintely one of the better characters. They should have just made a movie about Rocket.

Groot:
I am groot.
Eh...

Star-Lord:
Predictable origin story (mommy was dying and she gave me another mix tap for the 2nd film! You have to go WTF when the Novas tell him he is half alien (ancient race that makes Glenn Close wet) and he just goes meh.
Meh...

The visual:
Yeah, it s good. What did you expect from a Disney film with a 170 million $ budget? You're lame to have doubted the quality of the visuals. The actions scenes are good too.
Saw it in 3D. It looked pretty good.

The music:
It is a character of the movie. They mostly avoid the orchestra that tell us how to feel, except when Gamora talks about he youth with Thanos. /roll eyes
Yup...
Everyone wanted to betray Thanos, and he was either clueless or powerless to stop them. Derp.

The post credite scene:
There wasn't any! Marvel sux, I'll never one of their films again!
I saw the movie last night. I had only gotten about three hours of sleep, and had been up since five in the morning, finished the last day of a summer camp I was helping run at my university, and then had to move a bunch of camp equipment and furniture. I had to catch a 12:00 am show, so by that time I was dead tired. I finished watching the movie and left before the after credit clip. I'm sure it'll pop up somewhere, or if I decide to go watch it again, I'll see it.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
Yeah, I can go with that.
Some where better than others, but still, pretty good and funny stuff.

I'm guessing they'll have a part 2 or crossover with Avengers.

I found Thanos less than intimidating. He is pretty forgettable.

Possibly.

More than likely.

Truly a disappointing showing by the Nova Corps.

Yup.

I'm going to have to disagree. His acting was terrible.

Yeah, defintely one of the better characters. They should have just made a movie about Rocket.

Eh...

Meh...

Saw it in 3D. It looked pretty good.

The music:
It is a character of the movie. They mostly avoid the orchestra that tell us how to feel, except when Gamora talks about he youth with Thanos. /roll eyes
Yup...
Everyone wanted to betray Thanos, and he was either clueless or powerless to stop them. Derp.

I saw the movie last night. I had only gotten about three hours of sleep, and had been up since five in the morning, finished the last day of a summer camp I was helping run at my university, and then had to move a bunch of camp equipment and furniture. I had to catch a 12:00 am show, so by that time I was dead tired. I finished watching the movie and left before the after credit clip. I'm sure it'll pop up somewhere, or if I decide to go watch it again, I'll see it.
You just missed Howard the Duck in the end credits. Maybe it means they will be making a Howard film?

I think it is all part of Thanos' plan. He wanted Ronan to take the stone. Why? Maybe to test it. Maybe to place it on Xandar. Thanos is always twenty step ahead of everyone and he has this big scheme going on where he gets all six stones. The role of the Collector is not clear. Neither who is the employer of the Ravagers.

Where is Adam Warlock? He was part of the 2008 GotG and he is Thanos' nemesis. So much to explore. It would make sense to have Adam Warlock appear in GotG 2. Mayebe as a red heiring for Star-Lord's dad.

You just missed Howard the Duck in the end credits.
Ah, I see. Oh well. Maybe I'll see it if I go and watch it a second time.
Maybe it means they will be making a Howard film?
I hope not. I don't see that turning out well. The first one was quite bad.
I think it is all part of Thanos' plan. He wanted Ronan to take the stone. Why? Maybe to test it. Maybe to place it on Xandar. Thanos is always twenty step ahead of everyone and he has this big scheme going on where he gets all six stones. The role of the Collector is not clear. Neither who is the employer of the Ravagers.
Possibly, but I think you are giving Hollywood script writers far too much credit.

Where is Adam Warlock? He was part of the 2008 GotG and he is Thanos' nemesis. So much to explore. It would make sense to have Adam Warlock appear in GotG 2. Mayebe as a red heiring for Star-Lord's dad.
Maybe he is te guy flying in the background.
[sblock]
tumblr_n9ejbmMJTQ1qcbo9lo1_500.jpg

Link to larger image
[/sblock]

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
Ah, I see. Oh well. Maybe I'll see it if I go and watch it a second time.
I hope not. I don't see that turning out well. The first one was quite bad.
Possibly, but I think you are giving Hollywood script writers far too much credit.

Maybe he is te guy flying in the background.
[sblock]
View attachment 63289

Link to larger image
[/sblock]
Thanos is supposed to help Ultron somehow. This mmight make him the best film vilain ever.

The writers have been preparaing us for the Infinity Gauntlet saga for a while. I believe.

Thanos is supposed to help Ultron somehow.
So I've heard.
I figure the flying guy in the upper left hand corner of that pic could be Adam Warlock.

This might make him the best film vilain ever.
Or biggest let down ever.
The writers have been preparing us for the Infinity Gauntlet saga for a while. I believe.
I wonder if it'll become a movie series of its own.

Last edited:

Remove ads