D&D 5E I have the DMG!

You can mark when you make a melee attack. Until the end of your next turn, you gain advantage on opportunity attacks.

Make morale checks when surprised, reduced to 1/2 HP or when the creature has no way of harming the opposition this round. Make a DC 10 wisdom save.

I had expected a charisma save...

OpsKT

Explorer
Flanking grants advantage. No mention of OA. If you use facing, a character can only attack frontally and grants advantage to attacks from the rear.

If you allow flanking to grant advantage, you better require a Disengage to move around in threatened squares, or it goes from a combat to a square dance for flanking advantage. It also makes the traits of Kobolds and Hobgoblins kinda redundant.

If that's the way it works, I'd keep the Help option.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
What does the structure of the planes look like? They mentioned that they were thinking "Great Wheel". Did they end up going with that? Is it different from Planescape at all? If so, how? (especially elemental planes - are there 1, 4, 6, or 16?, and fey/shadow/dream planes?)
The default assumption is indeed the Great Wheel, with the addition of Feywild, Shadowfell and Far Realm.

There are 4 elemental planes, but the border regions (magma, ooze, smoke and ice) are mentioned. The Elemental Chaos is "around" the Elemental Planes. Oddly enough, the Positive and Negative planes are mentioned at the beginning of the section, but they get no description at all.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Thank you for taking your time out. I wish to know what ability options, and what creating a monster sections say.
There are rules for granting a flat proficiency with all ability checks of a certain type (str, dex, etc.). There are also suggestions about adding further abilities such as honor or sanity.

Chocolategravy

First Post
2) You can get a "plain" magical shield and it is cumulative with armor. The shield bonus adds to AC.
As if bounded accuracy wasn't staked, beheaded and buried already, they also had to light it on fire and toss it in a sphere of annihilation. 28 AC won't be hard then, which is reasonable against a CR 24 dragon with +17 to hit, but the CR 17 death knight's +11 is nearly worthless and anything lower is pointless in a fight unless it has a non-weapon attack.

Remove ads