• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E I have the DMG!

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Thanks for answering our questions man!
  1. What's the maximum magical bonus for armor and weapons listed?
  2. Can you get a plain old magic shield+X?
  3. If so, does the magic bonus add to straight to AC as in pre-4th edition?
  4. If so, whats the maximum magical shield bonus?
1) +3 is the maximum bonus for weapons, armors, shields and ammunition.

2) You can get a "plain" magical shield and it is cumulative with armor. The shield bonus adds to AC.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
I'm interested in hearing more on marking and morale from the combat rules, if you get the chance. Thanks for the answers!
You can mark when you make a melee attack. Until the end of your next turn, you gain advantage on opportunity attacks.

Make morale checks when surprised, reduced to 1/2 HP or when the creature has no way of harming the opposition this round. Make a DC 10 wisdom save.

Fralex

Explorer
I remember in the Magic Items section of the playtest there were these awesome random tables you could roll on to make the less-interesting +X items more cool. You'd end up with stuff like, a +1 quarterstaff that magnifies your voice on command, but needs a drop of blood to function. Are there something like those tables in the DMG?

Boarstorm

First Post
I remember in the Magic Items section of the playtest there were these awesome random tables you could roll on to make the less-interesting +X items more cool. You'd end up with stuff like, a +1 quarterstaff that magnifies your voice on command, but needs a drop of blood to function. Are there something like those tables in the DMG?

I've jealously held on to that pdf just for those tables. I won't use them, exactly, but they provide inspiration (and thus advantage on my NPC's attacks, right?).

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Sweet mother of god! Thanks for answering questions

If you have a chance later - (1) is there a critical hit table? (2) what is the stuff on traps like?
Cheers!
You can use the lingering wound table when the target is critted, when reduced to 0 HP, or when failing a death save by 5 or more.

There are a few pages on traps, with several examples and tables that suggest save DC and damage.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
it's hard to tell what isn't in the book. The original poster hasn't had the book long enough to read it all yet. He's tried to answer a few questions, but just because he hasn't found something yet doesn't mean it's not in the book.

edit: And thank you Nikosandros for taking the time to post.
This is a very important point. I got the book yesterday, but it's a very hectic period for me. I'm trying to answer the questions as best as I can, but I could be easily missing things... the book isn't small! :D

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
If there are options for facing, opportunity attacks are about to become a lot more important. How does facing deal with how weak they are right now? Why not just walk around each other the whole time?
They are not mentioned (as far as I can see) in the section that describes facing.

Remove ads