I Need Help! (Avatar Help)

Enchantress

First Post
I could do that, except I will want to change it again sometime in the future. I don't want to keep bothering you just so that I can change my stupid avatar. I would rather someone just explain to me how to make a picture smaller. Then if I still can't figure it out, I'll give you a link to the site, ok Brother Shatterstone? :)

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Enchantress said:
I could do that, except I will want to change it again sometime in the future. I don't want to keep bothering you just so that I can change my stupid avatar.
You would be bugging me, I've help many a peaple with avatars... :)

Enchantress said:
I would rather someone just explain to me how to make a picture smaller.

It depends upon what software you have the best to are Paint Shop Pro, and Adobe Photoshop, the last one being the better, of course PSP is the cheaper one at 100 bucks. :)

Enchantress said:
Then if I still can't figure it out, I'll give you a link to the site, ok Brother Shatterstone? :)
Do you want to give me a link now? :p

Enchantress

First Post
Brother Shatterstone said:
You would be bugging me, I've help many a peaple with avatars... :)
Do you want to give me a link now? :p

I hope that you mean I wouldn't be bothering you, or the concience that I don't have will start to bug me. :p

And no, I don't want to give you a link just yet, I still have to prove once again that my stubborness will be my undoing.....THEN I will give you link, once my pride is bruised and battered. :heh:

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Enchantress said:
I hope that you mean I wouldn't be bothering you, or the concience that I don't have will start to bug me. :p

oops, yeah that should have been not bugging me... :heh: (I was posting to quick for my own good...

Enchantress said:
And no, I don't want to give you a link just yet, I still have to prove once again that my stubborness will be my undoing.....THEN I will give you link, once my pride is bruised and battered. :heh:

I Ahh don't really no what to say in reply to this... I'm not one for bruising and battering someone's pride... I'm just trying to be helpful here. :)

Enchantress

First Post
Brother Shatterstone said:
I Ahh don't really no what to say in reply to this... I'm not one for bruising and battering someone's pride... I'm just trying to be helpful here. :)

Oh, you're most deffinitely being helpful. I just have this stubborn streak that's about a mile long. I am extremely grateful for your help though. :)

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Enchantress said:
Oh, you're most deffinitely being helpful. I just have this stubborn streak that's about a mile long.

Almost a mile long..? :eek: I think not. ;) I would guess closer to two miles. :D (just kidding)

Enchantress said:
I am extremely grateful for your help though. :)
Not a problem, I'm more than willing to help. :) So what programs do you have to edit this picture with? If it's something I'm familiar with maybe I can type up the directions on how to make it smaller.

Enchantress

First Post
OMG!!!! It actually worked! Kudos to me!!!!! :) :) :) :) !!!
Ok, I now have a small victory in the avatar battle, but I still have a problem.
I tried doing some other pics, but when I clicked on save changes it said something like, 'this image is not 'imp' or 'gnf' or 'pms' or 'byob' or something. what in the world does that mean? :confused: :confused:

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Enchantress said:
OMG!!!! It actually worked! Kudos to me!!!!! :) :) :) :) !!!
yay for you! :lol: :lol: :D

Enchantress said:
Ok, I now have a small victory in the avatar battle, but I still have a problem.
That sounds about right... ;) :p

Enchantress said:
I tried doing some other pics, but when I clicked on save changes it said something like, 'this image is not 'imp' or 'gnf' or 'pms' or 'byob' or something. what in the world does that mean? :confused: :confused:
Okay what it's talking about is the file extension, now your computer uses and hundreds of different types to do its functions. You need to tell it what type of file it is. (You should be saving them as filename.jpg not change the filename to what ever you deem descriptive enough to know what it is but at the same time you need to keep the .jpg extension.)

Nice avatar by the way, very chic and stylish. :)

Last edited:

Enchantress

First Post
Thank you. I keep changing it now that I have a small idea of what I'm doing. So you're saying that I won't have this problem if I don't change the name of the file for the image?

Remove ads