I Need Help! (Avatar Help)

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Enchantress said:
Thank you. I keep changing it now that I have a small idea of what I'm doing. So you're saying that I won't have this problem if I don't change the name of the file for the image?
No problem, more than willing to help, and you can change the filename all you want but you need to keep the file extension of .jpg intake. :)

Edit: I like the other one better, not sure who it was, but rogue isn't doing it for me. :)

Last edited:

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Enchantress said:
When I save it, it doesn't show up. :confused:
Where are you saving it too? Make sure this is the same place you’re expecting it to be at. (Some programs save to a default location so I recommend using the save as feature and saving it to a specific folder. (In my case I save it directly to the desktop, which I later have to clean up.)

Enchantress

First Post
Here's what I do. I find a pic on the internet. I then right click on it, and save it to my pictures. Then I go into paint and make it smaller. What am I doing wrong? :confused:

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Enchantress said:
Then I go into paint and make it smaller. What am I doing wrong? :confused:
Assuming your saving it after you make it smaller sounds like nothing... :)

Are you getting the error when you go to upload the picture as your avatar?
(this page? link

Enchantress

First Post
Yes, I download the pic, then click on save changes, and a new page comes up saying that it is not 'gnf' or something, please make sure it is and try again. :confused: :(

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Enchantress said:
Yes, I download the pic, then click on save changes, and a new page comes up saying that it is not 'gnf' or something, please make sure it is and try again. :confused: :(
I believe you mean gif. I'm not sure why your getting this error, I think your original file is a jpg but you really shouldn’t have issues with this... :confused: I'm pretty sure paint can convert from one file type to another... :\

I tell you what, you have proven that you can do this, and also your stubbornness, so why don't you list the urls for the avatars you want?

I can change them over to a jpg format, this format is more standard and is far superior over a gif for static imagine. Really the only time to use a gif is if you want movement, and don't ask me how to do this as I really don't have a clue on how to do it. :(

I'm more than willing to host them and you can link to it or you can do as you have done before, right click and save image.

Remove ads