D&D 5E [IC] Creamsteak's Princes of Elemental Evil

River Song

Explorer
Kubeba grins at Carradoc, "Well, we seem to be surrounded by fire so these will be helpful."

Asking the rest of the party, "I have three potions that protect from fire and a healing potion. Who wants them? It is likely we are going to come up against more fire so you spellslingers might need these potions than myself."

Creamsteak

Explorer
While Carradoc loots the money, Maighan is drawn to the parchments. She shuffles through the pages, scanning each to see if it contains clues about the cults, their activities and aims, and especially their future plans.

With a quick taste of each, she can let Kubeba know what the potions do as well.

The documents seem to be noting various groups that are being considered for "recruitment". One such group includes werewolves, another a were-hedgehog. Some druids are mentioned as targets to be killed. Oddly, you find the receipt for an Adventurer's guild contract that was taken to acquire a "Mote of Earth."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Carradoc contemplates the embarrassment at being bitten by a were-hedgehog, and the difficulties they must have in propagating themselves. "What an embarrassment," he says, reaching over Maighan's shoulder with a thumb pointing at the word on the page.

He then goes of to rejoin the others, waving the bag. "Magic rock here," he says holding it up.

"I'm happy to carry it," he says, "but if someone is feeling unlucky..." His voice trails off.

When the fire resistance potions are offered he takes one.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Lyzzie comes up with something she pilfered from Bastian. "Tokens."

She hands Maighan two small round pebbles, more or less. One a burning ember, the other a swirling rock you may have seen before.

OOC: Mote of Flame and Mote of Earth respectively. Control Flames and Mold Earth can be cast when held.

"So if you wanted to, we could go kill Elizer next. The tower entrance isn't far. Or we could go for Vanifer before she gets to the molten core."

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Thaliss is amazed. Is there no limit to the number of rivals this woman wants killed He thinks to himself as he tries to determine wether he is made nervous by this, or if it inspires admiration. Perhaps a bit of both. Verbally, he asks her: "So who is this Elizer and what do you want him killed"?

Creamsteak

Explorer
She shrugs. "He does the recruiting. Pretends to be a druid. Isn't one. I figure if we're cleaning house, may as well take him out from behind while nobody is any wiser."

River Song

Explorer
"And I thought I was the bloodthirsty one," Kubeba laughs. "I like you but why do I get the feeling we are removing your competition for the leadership of this depraved cult?"

Smiling his white teeth bright against his dark face, "Well friends, do we wait for her to amass power or do we deal with her now?"

Creamsteak

Explorer
She laughs a bit nervously, "I don't necessarily want to 'lead' anyone. By fire be purged and all that. I just like to be on the winning side."

She tries to smile in a coy way, but there's also a glimmer of malice.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"Hurry up," says Carradoc, casting Haste on Kubeba and then moving to a position of cover.

OOC: * Currently: HP 44+10, AC 17; spells 4/3/1
* (since long rest, has cast Sleep with 3-slot, and now haste)
* All allies have 10 temp hp. I presume she's not an ally. She shouldn't feel encouraged by this, at any rate.
* Transmuter stone was set for proficiency on Constitution saves (I realize I never said it but I hope it's obvious?; if that's not cool, it would be that, or lightning resistance, or +10 movement (=move 50' now). But I meant to say Constitution saves.
* concentrating on the Haste spell.

Remove ads