[IC] Dogville - a bloody 3.5 game

Gyojin

First Post
Alton, 20/20 HP, 13 AC

Unwilling to use the only surefire way to hit his foes at the moment, Alton begins twirling his sling, hoping to nail a goblin once one is close enough. While preparing for the next rush, he hears Kaddok mention a fog, but dismisses it, and focuses on the threat at hand.

[sblock=OOC]
Ready Action to attack a goblin once in range (50ft). When the goblins are in range, my initiative becomes 13 (until something else changes it, like another readied action) and I attack, and I am unable to do my regualar action that round. Attack roll is 13 and damage was 1.

[sblock=Spells prepared]
Cantrips- Prestidigitation, Mage Hand, Ghost Sound, Ray of Frost
1st- Ray of Enfeeblement, Shocking Grasp
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
doghead said:
ic - dogville

Humbar looks a Kaddok for a moment, nonplussed by the question. Understanding slowly dawns.

"No, so long as the beast can see where to put their feet," responds Humbar after a moments thought. "More worried about our ability to see where we are going. And keep together though. How far can you see in this 'fog'?"

"Armslength! And it will not travel with us. But it will shield us from the javelins a bit." Kaddok responds.

[sblock=ooc]Obscuring Mist[/sblock]

Redclaw

First Post
Ather continues to skulk in the shadows of the cart, hoping to strike at an unexpecting goblin when they come close enough.

[sblock=ooc] stealth +8, shortbow +5 to hit, 1d6 damage (+1d6 if SA) [/sblock]

doghead

thotd
ic - dogville

Round 8 - 28

Kaddok said:
"Armslength! And it will not travel with us. But it will shield us from the javelins a bit." Kaddok responds.

Humbar furrows his brow. "Well, if you think its best ... Its your call."

The two groups of goblins swing around joining up into a single mob something over 100 feet behind the wagons once more. There they hold position, not gaining any on the wagons in front of them. After about half a minute, some of the goblins dismount and gather something from the ground - their javelins probably. Or at least, those they can find.

But even after they have gathered them up, they make no move to advance again. They do spread out however, forming an arc behind the wagon. At this distance they are little more than dark undefined shapes drifting over the landscape, occasionally getting lost from sight.

Five score heartbeats [1]. Then another five score. The goblins come no closer. Then there are four. Wait, no. Three. No, there is one more over there, emerging from some cover. Four. No sign of the other two.

[sblock=Spot DC 18 (DC 16 with lowlight vision)]Two of the goblins drop back taking advantage of cover. They circle around and past the wagons, moving fast and in the same direction as the wagons. At this rate, they will soon leave the wagons well behind them.[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc][1] a minute
WD - figured Kaddok would hold off on casting Bless once he noticed the goblins were not closing. I can change that if you want.[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Kaddok, AC 15 (T11, FF14), HP 30/31, F +5,R+1,W+6, Ini 16

"Anyone wounded should come to me! The great Hawk will refresh your spirit and close your wounds!" Kaddok calls. When the wounded have surrounded him, he channels the holy power of his totem.

[sblock=ooc]Kaddok uses Turn Undead (Pathfinder version). Every creatue in a 30ft burst heals (d6) 4 HP.

No bless is fine.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Brottor yells to his companions, "Two skipped ahead! Watch for an ambush or a trap!"[/color]

He then put his sword away and readies his crossbow, trying to keep an eye both forward and back for the first goblin that comes into range.

[sblock]
Spot: 18+1 = 19
Crossbow: 4+2 = 6 :(
[/sblock]

Gyojin

First Post
Alton, 20/20 HP, 13 AC, Init 5

"My friends, be sure these four will not advance!" Alton yells to his comrades. He drops his loaded sling to the ground and dives his hand into his pack. Moving his hand past his Spellbook and Waterskin to a rock covered in runes. He draws out his Thunderstone and watches the goblins carefully, waiting for the opportune moment to strike...

[sblock=OOC]
Readied Action didn't go off, I assume.
Free action to drop loaded sling.
Move Action to take Thunderstone out of pack.
Ready the action to toss it at the square between two Goblins close enough together (10 ft, square has AC 5) and close enough to the carts (40ft with a -2 penalty or 20 ft with no penalty)

[sblock=Spells]Cantrips- Prestidigitation, Mage Hand, Ghost Sound, Ray of Frost
1st- Ray of Enfeeblement, Shocking Grasp
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

doghead

thotd
Round 28 ...

Five score heartbeats and nothing. Another five score and still the way ahead is quiet. The four remaining goblins continue to shadow the wagons from a distance, but apart from that, the night is quiet. And so it stays for the twice as long again, and twice more that again [1]. Weapons grow heavy in the characters hand. Attention wonders.

A mile up ahead a dark line cuts across the horizon. Above it, some stars peaking through gaps in the clouds. Below it, darkness.

"That's the last rise before Sandpoint. From there we should be able to see the town - a couple o' miles on the other side," says Humbar. "There should be a farm around here somewheres," he adds after a brief pause. "Just this side of the ridge. A hundred yards or so from the road. Off to the left. Would have thought we would be able to see lights or something. Its in among some trees, and haven't rightly been this way before at night. But by day the house is clear enough." The undercurrent of concern in his voice is obvious.

Another 10 minutes passes with no change other than the creeping approach of the ridge ahead. Another half hour, a little more perhaps, and the wagons should be there. At the top of the ridge. Looking down on Sandport.

The note of the horn is low and eerie, more a deep moan than a blast. It comes from up ahead away. For a moment everything is still.

The ground around the wagons explode into life. Goblins spring up from the grass on each side of the road. They are on both sides of the wagon about 40 - 50 feet away. There are dozen each side, perhaps more, maybe less. Most armed with spears and shields, some armed with bows and arrows. On each side a voice chants words of power. The five mercenaries feel a slight prickling of their skin. Nothing else, but it is obvious there are casters among the ambushers. The goblins roar with approval, and bang spears on shields. But they hold their places.

The wagons jerk to a halt as the bullocks stop. They snort and shift in their harnesses. The smell of animal sweat is strong in the air. The drivers have to work hard to keep them under control.

A group of figures emerges from cover some 100 feet ahead of the first wagon. There are at least half a dozen. Its hard to tell in the darkness, at this distance. They all seem to be riding wolves. The horn sounds again. A voice rings out from among them, small but strong. It carries clearly. "You enter Yahthu territory. Tribute is pay to pass safely!" The language is the common tongue. The speaker sounds pleased with themselves. And confident.

[sblock=ooc][1]That would be about 8-10 minutes. Readied actions are lost somewhere along the way. Anyone know of a good way to describe hours and perhaps quarter and half hours?

Night has well and truely fallen. All actions requiring characters to see what they are doing carry a -2 circumstance modifier. These does not apply to characters with with low light vision and dark vision (out to 60 ft.).

Gyojin - Nope, the goblins didn't get closer than 100 ft., so Alton's action didn't go off. I just realised Alton is a halfling. I didn't notice that before. BTW, your hp's seem a little low. Con 15 right? So 15 + (1d6+2)*2 would be 21 minimum (assuming two rolls of 1).

New initiatives please. Also give me a will save. Note any special modifiers if the character has them.[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Kaddok, AC 15 (T11, FF14), HP 30/31, F +5,R+1,W+6, Ini 16

[sblock=ooc]Rolled a 15 for Initiative. It stays at 16.
Rolled a 12 on the will save. It becomes an 18. No special modifiers.[/sblock]
Kaddok simply waits for Humbar's and his companions' reaction. But he casts a light spell on a small pebble and readies his earthbreaker.

Remove ads