• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

IC Game [Pathfinder] Diabolical Plots

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Aye Tolbin we will search fir dis creature," the dwarf says solemnly. "Rest now an a whens we gets back we will talk."

The dwarf draws his axe and pulls his shield off his shoulder preparing to leave. "Let 'em rest we have work to do."

[sblock=Mini stats]
Firtargath
Initiative:+1 ...Perception: +1
AC: 20 (19 flat-footed, 11 Touch)
HP: 17 ...Current: 17
CMB: +3 (+5 overrun, +5 bull rush) CMD: 15 Fort: +5 Reflex: +1 Will: +2
SQ: darkvision 60' +2 save vs spells, poisons, and spell-like abilities, +4 dodge bonus to AC vs. Giants
SA: +1 to hit orcs and goblinoids,

Current Weapon in Hand: dwarven waraxe and shield

Conditions: none

Consumables:
trail rations - 4 days
pitons - 4
potion: cure light[/sblock]

dave_o

Explorer
Din, Tolbin's Shack

The elf lets Tolbin do as he wishes, now eyeing the bloodthirsty cleric and changeling suspiciously from beneath his hood, letting them catch a brief glimpse of his green eyes.

Standing with a clomp of his boots he grabs the unbloodied spear from his back, striding out into the day with Toadkiller loping along behind him.

[sblock=Din's Prepared Spells and OOC]
0/0/0/1/1
0th, Stabilize, Detect Magic, Detect Poison
1st, Obscuring Mist, Entangle

I had a rules question -- when figuring CMB and CMD you add Dex OR Str, not both, right?[/sblock]

Mlwells

First Post
With just herself and Oraia left in the hut with the woodsman, Lanalia lets out a sigh and slackens her bow. She stands up straight and bows her head and mimes a stern talking and an overly serious face. Rolling her eyes high to the ceiling and back down to the cleric and then woodsman, she says, "Aye aye aye," she points to Oraia and then back to herself, "We tried to help, not my fault if something happens now."

The girl gives a sniff then pulls her right leg up to her face and hops a couple times, maintaining her ballance. She takes a deep breath and drops her leg with a grimace. "Nyaaaah," Lanalia growls, "Filthy beast."

Never removing her gaze from the wounded leg Lanalia backs out the hut to where the others are, nearly bumping into the young wizards as she does so.

"Hey Sparks, five silver says Tobey's dead or dying when we get back."

Masrenzrik

First Post
Oraia, itching for a fight, reassures the man "You'll live while we go vanquish these vile creatures." She steps out of the cabin, walking towards the others with her crossbow at the ready. "Let's go kill some evil stuff." and helps lead the way into the woods.

Starman

Adventurer
Talys ignored Lanalia's frivolous bet. "Am I the only one who has some serious concerns about all of this?" he asked in a low voice. He looked around at his companions. "First, we have the xenophobic rants of the fat man back in town that send us on a merry chase into the woods after "monsters." Now, we have some toadie who is conveniently injured and insists that his attackers are just up the road. I think we're being led straight to the cookpot."

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Talys
Initiative: +6
AC: 12 (10 Flat Footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 8 Current: 8
CMB: -1 CMD: 11 Fort: +1 Reflex: +2 Will: +3

Current Weapon in Hand: n/a

Spells Remaining: Cantrips: Detect Magic, Light, Read Magic; 1st Level: Mage Armor, Summon Monster I; Special: Acid Dart [/sblock]

Mlwells

First Post
Lanalia's eyes widen and her head crocks to the side. With grand gestures she points this way and that before letting her arms fall limply to her side. Her face a grimace before slackens into a look of disbelief that she directs at the young wizard.

"Really? Really now? Ya gonna say that Sparky? Is that not what I've been saying all along! That way," she points in the direction Oraia is walking in, "will surely get us violated by slimy things in new and intimate ways. While that way," She gestures like a high end waiter toward the town proper, "Has F. A. T. McDoublewide. All we need to do is find him and 'nicely ask,'" air quotes, "what is really going on out here and what he is hiding from us. It would really expedite things. And barring that, we go back to my original plan! Everyone listening? Excellent!"

She puts her bow up and composes herself before continuing. Placing bent arms and hands forward she begins to describe her ultimate harpy finding plan. "We walk over to the local co-op," she makes walking fingers across the air. "And wake the proprietor if he is asleep. There we buy a back of seed. It matters not what seed, just whatever is the cheapest crop seed, my guess is corn or something. I digress. With bag in tow," she swings an imaginary canvas bag over her shoulder, "we make for the local arteest. However, this is when you Woof-woof man come in." Lanalia gives a double point to Din. "I assume you have exceptional wood polishing and manipulation skills, honed by years upon years of living alone in the secluded forest. You will fashion a pole and a piece of bark together for Sparks here. At the arteest's place, Sparks will use his dainty hands to intricately write upon the bark, "free food." Once this is completed we shall make haste to the nearest small forest clearing. On arrival we will have to quickly pour the seed into a large pile in the center. Now, this is the most important part: We will take the sign and - wait for it - place it in the center of the pile of seed! Then, all we have to do is wait for the flappy bird things to arrive and we shoot them!"

Lanalia gives a curt nod to the group and leans back against the hut, satisfied that she has laid unto the masses what is surely the most splendid plan they have ever had the pleasure of hearing.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Shh! Ye nattering is going tae get us killed," the dwarf says walking back to where the others are.

"Dhoes bird-witches can wait. We needs tae help Toblin. Now be quiet, stay alert, and by Trom's beard put a weapon in yiur hand girl."

He turns to the others looking to see if they are ready. With a nod he then says. "I'll goes ahead... alone. Dis ting may no wants to attack a party, buts a lone walker will look like easy prey. Come running when ye hear the yelling."

The dwarf cautiously tromps off ahead of everyone else.

[sblock=OOC]
I (HolyMan) love your character Mlwells.

Fir - well he doesn't like anyone, sorry.

Actions - Fir will march ahead in total defense. Slow I know but he is a dwarf. AC will be 24 as he moves along.

Rest of the group should pick a distance to keep back and then follow.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mlwells

First Post
"Huppah!" Lanalia launches away from the hut wall to a standing position. "Hm! That's a good idea too! G'job!" She pulls her bow off her shoulder and takes an arrow and places it on the bowstring. "Chk-chk," She makes a cocking motion with her arm, "Heh-heh-heh."

Trotting down the path that Fir and Oraia had taken, the girl shouts, "'Ey Shortstuff! If you get stung, there will be no sucking of wounds by these lips!" Now along side Oraia, Lanalia looks across her shoulder to the armor clad girl. "Hiiii," she drawls. "I feel safe next to you," she says with a wink. However out of the other corner of her mouth she mutters, "He he he, figure if there's gonna be any violating going on they'll go for the more innocent looking one-" the girl holds up her right index finger, an idea occurring to her. "They did attack the ol' cutter o' wood, they might be the kinky type," Her voice is louder than the mutter before. "In which case, Sparkles back there is the one that really needs to worry. Hmm, I guess there's no telling what to expect. The only one of us that should be safe is the guy with the overcompensator bow back there. They'll just mistake him for their own kind...."

"Well well, no sense pondering the unponderable, it's hunting time," she says with a grin on her face.

mazzoli

First Post
[sblock=GM]I don't have anything to add as far as the game goes right now since it looks like there's a bit of contention as to what to do next and I'll let the party work that out. I will say that having a party where the members act as individuals and disagree is a nice change of pace from the normal heroic stupid parties that act as a collective intelligence that you often see, but I'll take this time for some preventative maintenance that hopefully won't be necessary in any case.

Please remember to keep conflicts between characters confined to the characters and not let them seep over to the players.

I'm not saying this will happen here, just nipping it in the bud so it doesn't become a problem. Other than that, I'm liking how you're playing this so far and am looking forward to seeing where things end up.

Carry on![/sblock]

Remove ads