• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IC]House of Hell[CoC/FF]

bruin

First Post
After a few seconds in the downpour, Damien is already soaking wet. He follows the skid marks back to the point of impact, but the body seems to have completely disappeared. There was no way anyone could have survived that impact, or even if they did they certainly wouldn't be walking away anytime soon, but nevertheless the body is nowhere to be seen.

OOC: good question. I've been meaning to expand on some of the mechanics of the game in the OOC thread, so I'll discuss the checks as well. It was my intention to roll everything, but it might be more fun to let you guys do some of the rolls. Gonna sit down and think about what would work best; it'll take a little while to write that up though, so check the OOC thread later tonight or tomorrow.

Last edited:

Shattered Archon

First Post
"Ah, jesus..."

Ditching his seat belt, Kyle opens his door and steps out a little way, scowling against the abyssmal downpoar.

"What'd we hit?" he asks, raising his voice over the noise of the rain. Not having seen the figure before the collision, he looks around for any sign of whatever they ran down.

Majin

First Post
Damien looks around, quite annoyed with the situation.

"We hit something... and nothing.. I don't know what we hit!" He runs a hand through his soaking wet hair to get it out of his eyes. "I've checked theres nothing here. Whatever we hit, it's vanished!"

Master_Pugs

First Post
Tanya forces her mind to calm... then slowly removes her seatbelt and makes her way to Damien, "What'd we hit... it was just a deer right?"

Majin

First Post
"You didn't see?! You were the one driving! It certainly didn't look like an animal to me." Damien growls inwardly and looks back and forth frantically between Tanya and Kyle. "Kyle, did you see anything? What did it look like to you?"

Without waiting for a reply Damien shoves his hand into his trenchcoat pocket and extracts his cellphone from it and begins to dial. "I'm calling for help. Do either of you know have any clue where in the world we are so I can tell AAA where to come find us?"

bruin

First Post
IDM: When he tries to dial on the cell phone, Damien discovers he's out of his coverage area.

Kyle thinks he might see a light up the road aways, off to the north side, but he can't be sure from here.

You stand in the rain, becoming increasingly drenched. Off in the forested areas on either side of the road, you see that the trees provide partial cover from the downpour.

OODM: Nice try.:) I was more afraid one of you was gonna try to say you had onstar or something(you don't):D

By the way, I posted an update at the OOC thread, but it was in the midst of the board weirdness earlier so I don't know if you got emails, and it didn't "bump" the thread to the top of the Talking the Talk forum.

Majin

First Post
(OOC: Figured something like that would happen when I tried the cell but just had to cause I figured that would be the first resort for anyone today in modern society :D )

Damien shoves his cell back into his pocket with a look of disgust on his face. "Dammit! Out of service!" He looks back and forth between Tanya and Kyle.

"Any other bright ideas? It looks like we're going to have to walk."

Shattered Archon

First Post
Kyle looks at their surroundings with a grimace.

"We need to get out of this rain. Out here, i think we can pretty much rule out the possibility of someone coming and finding us, so we'd better get moving i suppose..."

He narrows his eyes, trying to determine if he really can see a light up ahead.

"I guess we could shelter for a while and see if this rain eases up, but it's not showed any signs of wanting to do that since we started the journey. I think... can any of you see a light over there?"

He points in the direction of the light, frowning. "I can't make it out."

Master_Pugs

First Post
"Well... The decision feels simple for me, we head to the light and hope it's an old farmhouse. It has to be, in this day and age you're never more then 5 miles from another human.." Tanya states plainly as she pulls her collar up to stop the rain dribbling down her back, "We should try to stay by the edge of the trees and keep on eye on that light"

(OOC)I assumed Tanya could see the light

Remove ads