• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IC]House of Hell[CoC/FF]

bruin

First Post
Master_Pugs said:
"We should try to stay by the edge of the trees and keep on eye on that light"

(OOC)I assumed Tanya could see the light

Just as Tanya says these words, whatever you can see of the light suddenly flickers away, leaving you alone in the country darkness. After you turn off the car's headlights, you can hardly even see the ground in front of you, but manage nonetheless to hug the treeline and stay relatively safe from the rain.

After about ten minutes of walking west-southwest on the south side of the road, the rain begins to cease and the night sky begins to clear up. After another ten, you are aided by the full moon and starlight, and are finally able to see a fair distance up the road. You still don't see any visible structures, although the forest on the north side of the road seems to be thinning out. Up ahead a ways, the paved part of the road appears to taper off into a skinny dirt path.

Suddenly, off to your left in the forest to the south, you hear a growl and the sound of breaking branches.

Master_Pugs

First Post
Tanya goes to grab her pistol only to realise she forgot it in the car. Instead she pulls out her flashlight and holds it at her side as she asks, "Does anyone else hear that?"

Shattered Archon

First Post
Kyle keeps his voice low. "Yes.. i heard it."

What if we hit and wounded a wild animal? It could be... no... i don't think so... something about this just doesn't feel right...

"...Let's keep moving"

He watches Damien for a reaction, wondering what his interpretation will be.

Why suddenly put so much stock in what he has to say? You don't believe a word of his theories, Kyle... but.. out here, in the dark, it almost seems...

He very much wished that Tanya had remembered her gun.

Majin

First Post
Damien stopped abruptly when he heard the growling. He motioned for everyone to stay quiet. Out of the corner of his eye he noticed Kyle watching him as he looked sidelong into the forest. He focused all of his concentration on listening for the growling sound again, trying to piece together what it may have been. He holds his breath and waits to see if he hears it again.

Shattered Archon

First Post
"I don't hear anything... we should start moving..."

And hope it doesn't... what? Follow us? Jesus, Kyle, it was just an animal... get a grip already!

He quietly moves to the front of the group, gesturing for the others to follow.

Majin

First Post
Damien squinted hard into the darkness around the area the sound came from. He tried hard to place the sound. Was it just an animal or something more? Was it just his imagination or did the "animal noise" sound out of place to him? He tried to think back on if he had ever heard something similar, or at least heard about it.

After drawing a blank, he scowled and pivoted sharply taking off at a brisk walking pace after Kyle, his long trenchcoat billowing up from the wind behind him.

bruin

First Post
As you approach the dirt path, you see why the forest on the north side appeared to be thinning out; a large, paved driveway leads down a winding slope to what looks to be a huge structure. You can only see part of it from here, but it is apparently a mansion.

The dirt path leads west a hundred yards to a ramshackle wooden building.

Majin

First Post
Damien's gaze rests on the mansion up ahead then turns to the small wooden building. "I say we head up to that mansion over there. Maybe we can use the phones to call for help." His eyes rest on the small ramshackled building for a moment longer before his curiousity gets the best at him. "But first..." he says heading towards the small building to peer into a nearby window. (If there are any of course.)

Last edited:

Master_Pugs

First Post
"We should be careful, that growl came from something big..." Tanya states as she pulls up next to Damien, trying to keep her eyes on everything. I've never heard anything like that growl, did someone feed their dog steroids? Maybe a trained Timber Wolf...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads