• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IC]House of Hell[CoC/FF]

Shattered Archon

First Post
Kyle follows Damien to the small building, glancing with noticable disconcertion at the looming form of the mansion.

"Think anyone lives here?"

I almost hope they don't... not sure i want to meet whoever lives in a freaky old place like this so far away from everyone... you hear stories about all kinds of wierd people...

Succumbing to his curiosity also, he hesitantly looks through a window of the old wooden building.

bruin

First Post
The wooden building appears to have been an old outpost of the state forestry service. As you approach, you see two buildings in back of the main structure by about 20 or 30 ft., one a small shack that looks like an outhouse and the other a moderately larger shack with electrical cables leading out of it towards the main building. An old 1950's Ford truck is parked near the building with the cables.

Looking inside at the largest room of the main structure, you see some antique equipment, including a large two-way radio, a typewriter, and a small filing cabinet. They all look as if they are from 1950's, and are covered in dust and cobwebs. Assorted furniture is visible, as are light fixtures. You see that there are three doors in the main room; the first is the front door, while the other two doors lead to adjoining rooms, but you can't tell what's inside from the window.

Suddenly you hear a long, wailing howl coming from the south. It is immediately answered by a similar howl coming from the west. Both sound like wolves, fairly close by.

Master_Pugs

First Post
Tanya's grip tightens on her flashlight as she says in a strangely calm voice, "Let's get inside, wether it's this shack or that mansion we need to get inside... now."

Majin

First Post
Damien moves towards the shack and checks the door. If it is unlocked, he slowly pulls it open and peers inside.

bruin

First Post
Majin said:
Damien moves towards the shack and checks the door. If it is unlocked, he slowly pulls it open and peers inside.

OODM: Well, I wanted to wait for SA/Kyle, but it's been a while, so...

BTW, you were on the east side of the building looking in, with the main door to your left in the southeast corner. All of the equipment was on the west side of the room, with one doorway to left of the equipment in the southwest corner, and the other doorway on the north side of the room in the northwest corner.

West
--Door------Equipment-----
-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxDoor
-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-
--Door------Window-------
East

IDM:

Damien finds the door is unlocked. As he opens it, it cuts through a mass of cobwebs that had built up from decades of neglect. He sees that the filing cabinet is partially open, and also sees an equipment locker in the northeast corner that wasn't visible from the window. He can see through the doorways of the other rooms. Through the north doorway he sees the tip of a bed, in a very small room that is barely large enough to contain the bed and allow some movement along its side. Through the western doorway, he can see a small, makeshift kitchen with a portable stove and some other basic supplies. This room appears to be larger than the other, so Damien can't see everything in it from here.

Master_Pugs

First Post
Tanya forces the others inside and trys to shut the door, mumbling under her breath, "A little bit dustier then I prefer but hey, you can't complain about its coziness and it's far better then out in the open with these wolves out, everyone all right?"

bruin

First Post
Master_Pugs said:
Tanya forces the others inside and trys to shut the door, mumbling under her breath, "A little bit dustier then I prefer but hey, you can't complain about its coziness and it's far better then out in the open with these wolves out, everyone all right?"

After Tanya shuts the door, you are all surprised to feel a cool draft coming from somewhere in the makeshift kitchen.

Suddenly, you hear wolves howling again. This time there are three: one from the west and one from the south, apparently from the same positions as before, and a third answering the others a bit further away from the south.

Shattered Archon

First Post
( ooc: back again, sorry it's been a while.. thanks for getting me inside :) )

Dusting an errant cobweb off his shoulder, Kyle looks around. "I'm alright Tanya, thanks."

Hearing howls from another direction, he grimaces. Are they surrounding us? Maybe i'm just being paranoid...

"Hey... there's a draft coming through from there. Something might be open... i'll check it out if you don't mind giving me a little light. I'd be a lot happier knowing this place was secure."

Master_Pugs

First Post
Tanya nods and flicks the flashlight on, falling in beside Kyle and asking, "Is it just me or do those howls sound closer... and threatening... am I just losing it?"

(OOC)Sorry... missed the bump somehow, silly boards

Majin

First Post
Damien starts fiddling with the equipment to see if by some miracle he can get it to work so they can call for help. He keeps a watchful eye on his two companions as well while they investigate.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads