Pathfinder 1E [IC] Pathfinder: Iron Gods

G

Guest 11456

Combat - Round Surprise/1

Twist, Zeta and Aja are unfortunately blinded by the light (literally). Hailey and Vandor are able to shrug off the effects and Olrich was not in the area of effect,

Blinded: The creature cannot see. It takes a –2 penalty to Armor Class, loses its Dexterity bonus to AC (if any), and takes a –4 penalty on most Strength- and Dexterity-based skill checks and on opposed Perception skill checks. All checks and activities that rely on vision (such as reading and Perception checks based on sight) automatically fail. All opponents are considered to have total concealment (50% miss chance) against the blinded character. Blind creatures must make a DC 10 Acrobatics skill check to move faster than half speed. Creatures that fail this check fall prone.

The creature attacks the now blinded Twist with a bite and hits for 3 points of damage.

Everyone is up except Aja. Post when you can. I will sequence in initiative order.

Initiative:
Zeta 10
Vandor 10
Olrich 3
Twist 15
Hailey 14
Creature 14

CURRENT MAP

Note: The space that Vandor is occupying is narrow and thus is considered difficult terrain for Aja and Olrich (requiring two movement points).

Kaodi

Hero
Out of range of the magical toad's bright-eyed response, Olrich's vision is only blurred for a split second before the creature comes back into focus. If his companions gasps and intakes of breath are any indicator, some of them were not quite so lucky. The mage quickly decides that the situation justifies expending resources.

With a small flourish and a few muttered words, Olrich conjures in his palm a rotating, hollow globe made up of many thin bands of glowing red light. He arches three of his fingers ever so slightly as he points with his remaining finger at the toad, and the orb darts out of his hand to strike unerringly at the beast.

OOC: Magic Missile: 1D4+1 = [1]+1 = 2
. Gah, sucky rolls.

G

Guest 11456

Oops sorry, I forgot about your knowledge roll, Kaodi.

Olrich recognizes the beast as a Blindheim. He also recalls that the Blindheim has a blinding gaze attack that causes people to be blinded for an hour if they succumb to the attack.

Kaodi

Hero
"I believe that toad is called, a bit descriptively, a Blindheim," says Olrich with a hint of urgency. "The good news is that any visual impairment you may be experiencing will wear off in about an hour. The bad news is that I do not know if it can perform that trick a second time in the immediate future. So we had best kill it with some haste."

[section]Twist withdraws, retreating backward five feet. Rapier unsheathed and at the ready, he feels his way to stand just inside of the mouth of the narrow tunnel branching off to the south.[/section]

Graybeard

Explorer
Vandor

Vandor is briefly blinded by an unexpected flash of extremely bright light. is vision clears within seconds. As he maneuvers to get closer to the frog, Olrich reveals the light came from the frog creature. Was it a defensive reaction of the frog? If so, why didn't the creature retreat? Vandor wasn't sure. Olrich may know but since he didn't inform the rest of them, either he didn't know or it wasn't important.

Vandor will move closer to the creature and get his crossbow ready.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Hailey Navarre

HaileyNavarre_zpsf91b3661.jpg

With Twist stepping back, Hailey moved up as drew a chakram from her belt. “Keep falling back, Twitch. Let me see if I can deal with the lil' bugger.”

She flung the sharp bladed weapon, spinning on target. It cut deep.

Hailey quipped, “Ribbit.”

[sblock=Actions]Moved (drew chakram): Updated Map for Hailey and Twist
Standard Attack: Chakram (PBS): 1D20+6=25; 1D8+2=10[/sblock][sblock=Mini-stats]Hailey Navarre
Init +6, Speed 30 (20 with Backpack)
AC 18, Touch 14, Flat-footed 14 (Chain shirt) , CMD 16
Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3
HP 12; Current: 12
Conditions in effect: Rapid Reload, Point Blank Shot
Grit: 3/3
Deeds: Gunslinger Dodge, Quick Clear, Up Close & Deadly

Weapon in Hand: None[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

Combat - Round Surprise/1 - Wrap Up

Disoriented by the sudden blindness Zeta protects herself as best she can as she steps back a bit.

Vandor is briefly blinded by an unexpected flash of extremely bright light. is vision clears within seconds. As he maneuvers to get closer to the frog, Olrich reveals the light came from the frog creature. Was it a defensive reaction of the frog? If so, why didn't the creature retreat? Vandor wasn't sure. Olrich may know but since he didn't inform the rest of them, either he didn't know or it wasn't important.

Out of range of the magical toad's bright-eyed response, Olrich's vision is only blurred for a split second before the creature comes back into focus. If his companions gasps and intakes of breath are any indicator, some of them were not quite so lucky. The mage quickly decides that the situation justifies expending resources.
With a small flourish and a few muttered words, Olrich conjures in his palm a rotating, hollow globe made up of many thin bands of glowing red light. He arches three of his fingers ever so slightly as he points with his remaining finger at the toad, and the orb darts out of his hand to strike unerringly at the beast.
The orb strikes the creature as expected.

Twist withdraws, retreating backward five feet. Rapier unsheathed and at the ready, he feels his way to stand just inside of the mouth of the narrow tunnel branching off to the south.

With Twist stepping back, Hailey moved up as drew a chakram from her belt. “Keep falling back, Twitch. Let me see if I can deal with the lil' bugger.”
She flung the sharp bladed weapon, spinning on target. It cut deep.
Hailey quipped, “Ribbit.”
The weapon strikes true and the creature is obviously hurting.

The Blindheim moves forward and attacks Twist with bite and claws. Luckily for the Ratfolk, even in his handicapped state, the Blindheim only hits with one claw for 3 damage.

G

Guest 11456

Combat - Round 1/2

Everyone is up. Post when you can. I will sequence in initiative order.

Initiative:
Zeta 10
Vandor 10
Aja 7
Olrich 3
Twist 15
Hailey 14
Blindheim 14

CURRENT MAP

Note: The space that Vandor was occupying is narrow and thus is considered difficult terrain for Aja and Olrich (requiring two movement points).

Remove ads