• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [IC] The New World (Volo Monsters)

ammulder

Explorer
OOC:
Can I make a check to see if Ripnek can identify her race?

It would have to be an Int check -- with perhaps History bonus applying to common races, Arcana to magical races, Religion to angels & demons, etc. So assuming that roll started at a 7...

Her smell is unfamiliar. If she is an ordinary specimen of one of the creatures you've heard of in the vicinity, the only possibility would be a Hag. No telling whether that's correct, though.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Ripnek opens one eye and lazily looks at the creature calling herself Mom. "Hag?" he asks cautiously.

The bugbears appears to be relaxing but one could see his muscles flexing, readying himself to jump into action if Mom suddenly becomes hostile.

Shayuri

First Post
"Ahh, so this is not already a front? So we would have to take it over. Hmm...a little trickier, but possibly still workable. Perhaps we should pay this trading company a visit."

If Ripnek's speculation that 'mom' was a hag affected her, she showed nothing of it.

tglassy

Adventurer
"It would be easier to take it over if we were to destroy a caravan and replace its peoples. Once I learn how to change my appearance, that would help tremendously. I say we attack a supply line to the farm. Destroy the caravan. Take its place and begin working from the inside." Karok said, rolling over the plan in his mind as he spoke. Yes. He was fairly confident he could learn the magic needed, and quite soon. He just needed some practice.

TallIan

Explorer
Nert blinked, this was very different to the typical politics of goblin tribes.  The kobold, maybe not the weakest but certainly not the strongest, seemed to have the crone's favour for the moment.  Nerts instinct to toady to the kobold was quickly overridden by Nerts fear of his booyagh.

Had he not felt a need to impress the stronger members of this group he would have suggested a typical goblin strategy of raiding until the invaders tired and weakend, but this... this took planning, patience and discipline. All things lacking in the native races.

"Yes take caravan beast idea"

HP: 12/12
Passive perception: 14
Abilities: Fury of the small 1/1 short rest

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

ammulder

Explorer
"The only delivery I know the schedule for is that one," Mom says, pointing with her stick to the order of supplies for the mine.

OOC: The delivery date of two days from now would give you at least a day and a night to get over to the road. The closer to the mine you try to intercept it, the later in the second day the caravan might pass and still make the delivery that day.

Shayuri

First Post
"Then we should go at once so we can prepare the ambush," asserts Saashala, trying to cling to whatever semblance of authority she was trying to claim to the proceedings.

tglassy

Adventurer
"Yes, and on the way we can discuss strategy. Perhaps we can use you as bait, Snake. Human males seem to find forms like yours attractive in my experience," Karok said.

Shayuri

First Post
Saashala smiles a little at that.

"Indeed. I'm sure they'd stop if I was being set upon by evil monsters and needed help."

ammulder

Explorer
OOC: I'm not sure how close to consensus we are, but if you'd like to set an ambush, where are you aiming to set it and which route do you want to take to get there? Here's the map with a grid for reference. You're at Y-3. The supplies are expected to take the road from K-18 to F-5.

crones-map-grid.png

Remove ads