Pathfinder 1E [IC] - TIDERULER OF MARAN

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Can you shut down that infernal machine? We can talk somewhere quieter and not risk attracting attention from the city." shadowy monk is uneasy being so exposed, both in the light and with sound of the machine masking approach of anything or anyone.

"Tell us what you know of the city? Are there occasional guards, slavers or anything really coming out or just people entering and not returning? Could we intercept someone on the road and ask them why they go inside or even that traffic dried up?"

Archon Basileus

First Post
Sorry for the delay, guys! Sick and working late hours! Everything back to normal this week!

Later!

Again, sorry for the delay... I had to help my wife with some stuff aaand... It took my entire week, lol. I'm working on our next post! Please send me a hello!

Later!

Last edited:

Archon Basileus

First Post
MORGRYM/MARIUS

The gnome makes no fuss and shuts down the machine. “No point in keeping this working. Not at this state, anyway.” – the thing chugs a bit before dying down. He returns, cleaning his hands in a rag.
“An’ wot city is tha’?” Morgrym asked the gnome. “Why were they gaein’ there, an’ why didnae ye gae?”

“Nothing solid, as far as I know. Word is that within those walls lives a lord ready to grant one’s innermost wishes. It attracted me at first, but to be honest I found the hole deal all too shady. Others might have taken it. It has been a rough couple of weeks around the desert, you know. Saurians up and down, greenskins from the mountains… I’ve even heard of a troll feasting on poor victims.”

"Tell us what you know of the city? Are there occasional guards, slavers or anything really coming out or just people entering and not returning? Could we intercept someone on the road and ask them why they go inside or even that traffic dried up?"

“I’ve already done so, traveler” – the gnome looks at the monk with a weary, inconstant gaze. “For the most part, they mumble about half-woven promises, protection, riches, shelter… One even mentioned some nonsensical story about bringing back his dead grandfather. I called him on that one, but he said it was true, and mentioned a powerful wizard, or titan, or demigod living in there. Someone that might answer the most desperate and impossible pleads.” – he twists his neck, as if in pain, before continuing. “I myself got tempted for a bit… But… All I might want I can do with my own hands, and I prefer it so.” – he stares at the pair for a moment, before pointing out towards the darkness.

“I investigated the area around the place. It sits to the north. Go up that slope and you’ll see its lights trembling in the distance. If you go closer, you’ll see the gates. They’ll only open to those willing to enter, or so the iron-clad soldiers say. I haven’t seen their faces, so I can’t say anything else about them.”

HAGADARK

Hagadark leads the hunters deeper into the cavern with him and one other scout ranging up front while others keep back. He goes as far away from the strange group as he can before calling for a rest. He even lets the troupe relax and ignores any fights that come from being normal to let them unwind.

The group goes through the passage and upwards. They go up, turn left and move on a bit further, finding another simple passage. On the other side, thrown in darkness, they see a lower area, isolated from their own pavement by a sudden fall. Six feet below, within an ample hole, a pair of boars run around, licking the floor on the opposite side. There, a wet, dwarf-sized bag hangs from the edge, dripping a dark, thick fluid - blood. Looks like the giant figure will feast on odrosan flesh later on – or could it be maranan?

Be as it may, Hagadark has more to worry about. As he turns towards the front wall, looking for the next way out, he sees a tall totem placed in the center of the room. Suddenly, he feels his heart racing a bit. The ugly silhouette has been sculpted in dark stone, and emanates a primeval aura, much like a god or spirit of the old orc pantheon. In fact, even though he does not see the features or touch the thing in anyway, the piece seems to call out to him, almost as if it was meant to be found by his party. Whether it has been brought here by the giant, or has been simply ignored by the creature, Hagadark can’t say.

The way continues upwards and to the right, as expected. And adjacent chamber seems to open from here, as well, still covered from the group’s line of sight.

[You were right… for the first hall. No danger there. Anything that denounces a threat or the presence of anyone else wll be known to you, no worries! ;) Still, this room holds a few peculiarities. Continue through, investigate the other hall, search the body, poke the beasts, study the statue…?]

[Oook... All back to normal, now! I'll post three times a week, maybe four, depending on your pacing! Sorry for the delay. Things went a bit crazy after our shared sickness, lol. Please give me a shout, so I know you're still there!]

@Neurotic @KahlessNestor @MetaVoid

Hagadark knows the best course of action is to get out of here as soon as possible. But the power of the totem pricks worse than the spear. It pricks his curiousity.
"Go on." he whispers to the group waving the orcs on
"I'll be right behind you. Scouts first."

He goes to the totem and puts his hand on it.

Neurotic

Marius doesn't try to avoid gnomes scrutiny, he's not here to make him feel threatened. At the story, he nods after detailed description.

"Good attitude, only what you personally achieve is really yours. Having someone do things for you will not have the sense of accomplishment or worth as if you did it yourself. Thank you for your time. We'll be on the lookout for the troll."

Turning to his companion
"Shall we?"

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Near Maran
Night
Round 0

Morgrym shrugged at Marius. “Shuild ask the lassif that city’s on the way t’ where we need t’ gae,” he said. “Moight be worth it t’ stop in, see wot the fuss is aboot.

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 39/39 NL: 0
AC: 17 FF: 11 T: 16 (+4 vs Giants)
CMD: 15 (+2 vs bull rush, trip)
Fort: 7 Ref: 2 Will: 7 (+2 vs poisons, spells, SLA)
Armed: MW Cold Iron Battleaxe
Ammunition: 10/10 bullets
Storm Burst 7/7

Conditions:

Spells Prepared
0: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
1. Obscuring Mist (Domain), Cure Light Wounds, Produce Flame, Endure Elements, [Summon Nature’s Ally 1 (Spontaneous)]
2: Fog Cloud (Domain), Barkskin, Flaming Sphere, [Summon Nature’s Ally II (Spontaneous)]
[/sblock]

Neurotic

"Good bye, good gnome. Thank you for your help. Beware of the troll."

As the pair walked off, Marius shrugs at Morgryms comment.
"Even if it is not directly on our way, we could look into it. But I'm not sure risking the dagger is worth it. Whatever's inside must be some kind of outsider that grants wishes, or worse, an illusionist. Or the worst, a necromancer. Whatever or whoever it is, the dagger is probably not something we want to give them."

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Near Maran
Night
Round 0

“Dunnae intend on givin’ the dagger tae ‘em,” Morgrym assured Marius. “Just lots o’ curious things been ‘appenin’ since I come doon me mountain. I’m no’ likin’ it.” The dagger was tucked safely in the bottom of his pack for the moment.

Move:
Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Storm Burst 7/7

Conditions:

Spells Prepared
1. Obscuring Mist (Domain), Cure Light Wounds, Produce Flame, Endure Elements, [Summon Nature’s Ally 1 (Spontaneous)]
2: Fog Cloud (Domain), Barkskin, Flaming Sphere, [Summon Nature’s Ally II (Spontaneous)]
[/sblock]

Neurotic

Near Maran
Night
Round 0

“Dunnae intend on givin’ the dagger tae ‘em,” Morgrym assured Marius. “Just lots o’ curious things been ‘appenin’ since I come doon me mountain. I’m no’ likin’ it.” The dagger was tucked safely in the bottom of his pack for the moment.

"Yes, I know you don't intend to do it, but what happens if we get captured, enchanted or whatever else happens there? We don't want to separate, now that it is only two of us. And I wouldn't leave it with Arvana outside either. I admit I'm curious and I want to take a look, if for nothing else to be sure it's not some necromancer raising an army. But just take a look, not going inside and we need to avoid capture, obviously. Let's see what Arvana has to say."

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Near Maran
Night
Round 0

“Sure,” Morgrym agreed with Marius. “The bit’s go’ t’ lead us t’ these elf-folk anyway,” the dwarf said. “Let’s find ‘er an’ be on it. Gnome mentioned saurian’s movin’, tae. Think ‘tis our friend?” he wondered.

Move:
Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Storm Burst 7/7

Conditions:

Spells Prepared
[/sblock]

Remove ads