• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E [IC] - TIDERULER OF MARAN

Hagadark pauses, thinking it over. On one hand, sentient sacrifice is evil. On the other, it is long held tradition of his people, acceptable practice. In addition, he doesn't really sacrifice anyone, he's getting to host a divinity. If she didn't sound like she will take over fully, he would offer himself. But as-is, he doesn't care enough for full-bloods to do it.

"You will get your sacrifice, Great One." he bows deeply and steps back "I look forward to secrets you choose to impart to me."

OOC:
[MENTION=6855545]Archon Basileus[/MENTION], Hagadark likes the female and doesn't like full-bloods. Would Mhuagra prefer female body or full-blooded body? If he doesn't know...well, use the post below. From what she said earlier, I think one of the full orcs will get gender change :) If he knows, he'll just do it.

"Great One, I have a female in the group, but she's also half-blood like me. Would you prefer full blooded warriors body? Male. 'T'is unworthy, but I'm not sure of your preferences in this matter."

Archon Basileus

First Post
HAGADARK (N-23)

[To Hagadark's knowledge, the spirit does not care for gender. As he delved deeper into spiritual secrets in the past, he learned that these manifestations are more of a response to the expectations of a community or tribe than a spirit’s particular preference. Historically, Mhuagra has been known to appear as a thick fog, a fragile child or even as runic living, mutating riddles, depending on the tribe that experienced her presence.]

“Being attentive to detail is part of your trials, shaman. Choose wisely.” – her eyes shine in the dark as her unmoving face begins to fade off, returning Hagadark to the cave, almost as if a veil of darkness had been lifted from his eyes.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...hI-57fVXA/edit
[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION] [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"So, do we talk to them?" Marius asks
"What are they doing? The city cannot be under siege, the people wouldn't be let in. I guess? I can easily approach and check what are they doing, but that would mean you have to stay hidden. Or we can continue walking and we talk to them in the open. But risk capture if they don't want to talk. What say you?"
After very short pause he remembers he didn't offer his own opinion
"Oh, I would sneak around or at the very least, leave you "dagger bearer" far enough back that you don't get captured."

HAGADARK (N-23)

“To teach you my ways and grant you my blessings, I demand of you a vessel, a body to carry my soul. Choose one of your companions and mark the chosen one with your blood, so I can inhabit his body.” – she falls silent, waiting for Hagadark’s response.

Hagadark thinks for a moment and decides to offer biggest, meanest full-blood he has. Offering Klutha would be greater personal sacrifice, but orc spirit reacted on his half-blood and explicitly said *his* body - his superior intellect confirms the fact as he recalls exact words. Sacrificing biggest warrior is greatest sacrifice an orc tribe can make without powerful captives.

He stops for the moment as he considers the implication of the last thought. But no, Mhuagra asked for one of his companions. He shakes his head and hurries after the group. As he comes closer he stops the group and announces
"I had a revelation. I am to bless the most powerful warrior among us." he walks toward the middle where fullbloods are usually kept, not to protect them, but to prevent them from acting stupid. Position of humiliation for them. But in this case, he bypasses several of his brothers by human blood. As everyone moves aside for him, assuming he goes to Klutha, he surprises them stopping in front of Tugg-Face-biter, tusked beast of an orc, strong, hardy, scarred from countless battles, cunning and dangerous. Great body, irrelevant mind, soon his better will take over.

Puts both his hands on the shoulders of the orc who regards him with suspicion.
"I know you all think I don't respect you full-blooded orcs. But you are all wrong. Our people survived for millennia, for ages..." he quickly corrects himself "...among races with more magic, with forts and war engines. Orcs always endure and come back even stronger!" Hagadark moves his hands toward the orcs face slowly so he doesn't appear threatening.
"Hold fast your tusks, Tugg-Face-Biter"
Hagadark pushes both his hands onto the tusks, piercing his skin. Putting both thumbs onto the wounds in crossed handshake with himself, he anoints great orcs forehead, shoulders and chest of the heart.
"By my blood, you receive spirits of the ancients. By your own sacrifice of blood, accept it." he proclaims loudly and then much quieter, for Tugg only
"Cut yourself and put your blood over mine. Quickly now."

As the orc places his blood over Hagadarks, the shaman steps back watching for several moments to see if anything obvious happens. If not, he goes to the front of the column.

OOC:
Use this last part only if nothing happens with the orc - if She comes subtly, Hagadark will treat it as her wish to remain hidden. If he literally notices nothing he will do the same. I will change the last part if She arrives with fanfare.

"Lets move out. We have people to catch."

He shakes his head at Kluthas questioning gaze and motions forward with his hand. "Later."

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Near Maran
Night
Round 0

Sneakin’ ‘roun’ is foine,” Morgrym said. “Go’ nae burnin’ desire t’ chat wi’ soldiers. Tho’ knowin’ wot they’re daein’ oot ‘ere this far from civilization wuild be noice.Any way we cuild dae tha’? I cuild mebbe start a tent fire as a distraction if I cuild get wi’in a hunnerd twen’y feet.”

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 39/39 NL: 0
AC: 17 FF: 11 T: 16 (+4 vs Giants)
CMD: 15 (+2 vs bull rush, trip)
Fort: 7 Ref: 2 Will: 7 (+2 vs poisons, spells, SLA)
Armed: MW Cold Iron Battleaxe
Ammunition: 10/10 bullets
Storm Burst 7/7

Conditions:

Spells Prepared
0: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
1. Obscuring Mist (Domain), Cure Light Wounds, Produce Flame, Endure Elements, [Summon Nature’s Ally 1 (Spontaneous)]
2: Fog Cloud (Domain), Barkskin, Flaming Sphere, [Summon Nature’s Ally II (Spontaneous)]
[/sblock]

Neurotic

"No need, Morgrym. I can get within hearing distance without distraction. You just go around them, I'll go through the camp to see if I can hear something relevant. If I get into trouble, keep the dagger safe first, help me later. Don't get caught."

Marius watches the camp trying to get some sense of its layout and where would be the best place to hear something (i.e. commanders tent, hospital or erm...tavern tent? mess hall)

Archon Basileus

First Post
HAGADARK (N-23)

The alchemist watches the chosen sacrifice. Nothing happens at first, but as the trails of blood mix up, Tugg-Face-Biter lowers his head, closing his eyes for a second. As he glances Hagadark once more, the pure-blood’s eyes shine like two red stars in the dark. Mhuagra, keeper of Mysteries, walks among her kin once more.

"Lets move out. We have people to catch."

“First things first, shaman” – her cryptic, dark voice echoes through the halls, no trace of Tugg-Face-Biter left in it. “I warned that creature of the consequences of betraying my trust. She scavenged my knowledge, used my words, took my wisdom and shunned away her duties. She should have taken me to the mountains, and such a thing never happened. Now she has to pay the price…” – she starts in the opposite direction, under the startled looks of the others.

The remaining pure-bloods stare at Hagadark, waiting for an explanation, hands on clubs and axes. Klutha reaches for her weapon, circling Hagadark and preparing to defend him. She glances quickly over her shoulder, waiting for his words. Tugg – or Mhuagra – keeps moving back through the caves, as if expecting the others to follow her.

“Never trust a half-blood…” – the heavy voice of a pure-blood rises on a menacing tone.

Mhuagra slowly stops, turning over her shoulder, as if to see the events unfold. Noise would bring the giant creature straight to them, and the spirit knows it. She waits, contemplating the situation with mocking curiosity.

[Oook.... How do you sort this out?]

MARIUS/MORGRYM (N-19)

The trio goes around the area, passing the watchers unnoticed. As they reach the eastern part of the camp, the group splits. Marius moves west, finding a beaten path, not unlike a dirt road, driving into the encampment. As he moves forward, the trio sees from their distinct positions four horsemen coming into the area at full speed. They explode out of the dark, no torches in hand, and plunge into the camp, reaching a clearance between the tents. The four dismount, and from a central pavilion two dwarves, a male and a female, come out. Both are clad in armor, a full plate for the male and a corselet for the female. They meet the travelers out in the open, a dozen soldiers watching the commotion as a few others leave their tents as well.

“What news?” – the clad man yells, so everyone can hear. Apprehension dominates the camp.

“The Helen’s shut. Lizards all over. But we managed to keep the rest intact.” – the leader of the riders salutes the ironclad man and bow to the woman.

“The odrosan?”

“Stanting strong at the walls. We hold the docks. If you ask me, it’ll die out long before it leaves the Helen’s.” – he answers, taking a pair of dusty gloves off.

“Grontar?” – she asks.

“We don’t know…” – the messenger lowers his head. She looks to her side, to the man.

“The Enslaver?” – the other one says, much to the surprise and disappointment of the woman.

“They left in time… I believe they made it out. But all was in ruins. We couldn’t follow.”

The man returns her surprised glance.

“He knew the risks involved…” – he says.

“We must return.” – her hardened face shows a glimpse of concern.

“No.” – his stern face turns to the messenger once more. “Did you send scouts to the desert entrance?”

“Yes. They’ll stay put. Maybe go down if they find a way.”

“Fine. Send some scouts with fresh horses. Lest they find them, lead them to Dram. The agreement is only good if he gets the damn thing. The rest of you, arm yourselves. Maran stands and we have plenty to do.” – he turns to the woman. “Get to Kaladrias. We need them.”

“I will not leave my husband… Your father… behin..”

“GO!” – he yells back. “We need Kaladrias on our side! Without them…” – he falls silent for a moment, his inflexible face showing small empathy for her. “You are the only one I can trust to do this.”

She nods, clearly discontent. “I’ll abide. For now.” – she says, before entering the pavilion once more.

“What are you waiting for, Braves? MOVE! The profane gods of a demon-city themselves challenge you to a fight! We’ll storm the gates of that accursed place and we’ll bring them down, ONCE AND FOR ALL!” – men yell all around, despite the ragged aspect of the camp. Soon enough, they’re preparing a line, far less generous than one would desire. As for their clad leader, he proceeds to issue commands to the riders on a hushed tone.

[Risks are far greater if you want to listen to this one. Wanna go for it? If so, give me a new stealth roll!]

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...hI-57fVXA/edit

@Neurotic @MetaVoid @KahlessNestor

Neurotic

OOC: Of course I'll take it. The link doesn't work.

Found it!

Marius melds into shadows, moving closer to the messengers and dwarves. He pauses at one empty tent and quickly scribbles on a sheet or paper whatever he finds
"The Enslaver safe for the moment. Take this to your commander. We took underground route. Grontar dead."
He then puts his magic items to good use. He captures the orbiting stone and puts it away, puts some random helmet on his head and focuses on the sleeves of his robe. In moments, his entire clothing becomes soiled, tattered soldiers uniform that he saw around. He moves in shadows, but no longer slinking, walking slowly toward the gathering, walking behind a group of soldiers as if he belongs with them. But always ready to look busy with other things, moving to the side if needed.

OOC: If Grontar isn't the guy who gave us instructions and the dagger, Marius obviously doesn't write that last part. Does Dram means anything to him?

Stealth: 1D20+10 = [14]+10 = 24

Last edited:

HAGADARK (N-23)
The alchemist watches the chosen sacrifice. Nothing happens at first, but as the trails of blood mix up, Tugg-Face-Biter lowers his head, closing his eyes for a second. As he glances Hagadark once more, the pure-blood’s eyes shine like two red stars in the dark. Mhuagra, keeper of Mysteries, walks among her kin once more.

“First things first, shaman” – her cryptic, dark voice echoes through the halls, no trace of Tugg-Face-Biter left in it. “I warned that creature of the consequences of betraying my trust. She scavenged my knowledge, used my words, took my wisdom and shunned away her duties. She should have taken me to the mountains, and such a thing never happened. Now she has to pay the price…” – she starts in the opposite direction, under the startled looks of the others.

The remaining pure-bloods stare at Hagadark, waiting for an explanation, hands on clubs and axes. Klutha reaches for her weapon, circling Hagadark and preparing to defend him. She glances quickly over her shoulder, waiting for his words. Tugg – or Mhuagra – keeps moving back through the caves, as if expecting the others to follow her.

“Never trust a half-blood…” – the heavy voice of a pure-blood rises on a menacing tone.

Mhuagra slowly stops, turning over her shoulder, as if to see the events unfold. Noise would bring the giant creature straight to them, and the spirit knows it. She waits, contemplating the situation with mocking curiosity.

"Rejoice, hunters, for Tugg-Face-Biter is now blessed by Mhuagra, ancient spirit of our traditions! And we have a hunt to do! Ogress we saw betrayed her and it is our job to sacrifice her. We HUNT! No more skulking around! Go! Go! GO!"

OOC: Full in :) Hagadark would prefer guile, but here is the very thing of traditional secrets of shamans. If she says hunt, we hunt.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Near Maran
Night
Round 0

As Marius moved off into the camp, Morgrym moved around it, finding a large rock formation in which he could crouch in the shadows and hide with a good view of the camp in case Marius caused a commotion. He put the dagger on a cord around his neck and stuffed it inside his shirt against his smell, matted chest hair, making sure it wasn’t visible.

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 39/39 NL: 0
AC: 17 FF: 11 T: 16 (+4 vs Giants)
CMD: 15 (+2 vs bull rush, trip)
Fort: 7 Ref: 2 Will: 7 (+2 vs poisons, spells, SLA)
Armed: MW Cold Iron Battleaxe
Ammunition: 10/10 bullets
Storm Burst 7/7

Conditions:

Spells Prepared
0: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
1. Obscuring Mist (Domain), Cure Light Wounds, Produce Flame, Endure Elements, [Summon Nature’s Ally 1 (Spontaneous)]
2: Fog Cloud (Domain), Barkskin, Flaming Sphere, [Summon Nature’s Ally II (Spontaneous)]
[/sblock]

Remove ads