Pathfinder 1E [IC] - TIDERULER OF MARAN

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[sblock=Draconic]
"You're also in the wrong army, Keeper! Big guy among the archers has it! Back here!"
[/sblock]
Marius shouts at the top of his lungs, responding in the same language.

"Big guy over there looks for... for the thing! We should kill it before it kills our dwarves! Or get it to follow us and run for our lives!"

Focusing his mind by the help of draconic language and using short delay to recenter himself and find his balance the monk crouches, jumps high in the air spinning. As he comes down, his arms lash out and two hammer like strikes land on the heads of two lizard-creatures next to him. He lands in semi-crouch, his legs in a wide stance over one of the bodies, torso swaying in a manner strangely reminiscent of rearing dragon.

[sblock=Draconic]
"Dragon wing buffet!"
[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions]
Free: speech
Full Attack: Flurry att 1; Flurry att 2; damage; damage: 1D20+5 = [18]+5 = 23
1D20+5 = [19]+5 = 24
1D6+6 = [3]+6 = 9
1D6+4 = [6]+4 = 10
- wow, I missed badly last time, but this time?? Hit like a hammer! attacks AK12 and AL14

[/sblock]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Near Maran
Night
Round 10

“Well, ‘til we’re clear o’ these buggers, no’ likely we c’n get t’ the big’un,” Morgrum said. “Wot d’we ‘ave tha’ cuild reach it an’ bring it doon?”

He turned to swing his axe at the nearest kobold again.

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Action: Battleaxe attack and damage: 1D20+5 = [11]+5 = 16
1D8+2 = [3]+2 = 5

[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 38/39 NL: 0
AC: 17 FF: 11 T: 16 (+4 vs Giants)
CMD: 15 (+2 vs bull rush, trip)
Fort: 7 Ref: 2 Will: 7 (+2 vs poisons, spells, SLA)
Armed: MW Cold Iron Battleaxe
Ammunition: 9/10 bullets
Storm Burst 6/7/day

Conditions: Barkskin: +2 AC (293/300r); Entangle (26/30r)

Spells Prepared
0: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
1. Obscuring Mist (Domain), Cure Light Wounds, Produce Flame, Entangle*, [Summon Nature’s Ally 1 (Spontaneous)]
2: Fog Cloud (Domain), Barkskin*, Flaming Sphere*, [Summon Nature’s Ally II (Spontaneous)]
[/sblock]

Hagadark looks incredulous as the human calls the abomination. His linguistic skills serve him well as he understands what is said.
His orcs mop-up the remaining imps, he himself moving toward the last one.

Orcish:
"Mhuagra, Mother of Secrets, this one is for you. In the upcoming fight, please reveal to us a way to defeat it. Bring it down to its doom."

The attack is strangely rigid; formal and ritualistic move of sacrifice, attack coming from behind and throwing the head toward the orc that laughs in the background.
Common:
"Pink-skins, we cannot fight the monster here among its own. We came here to help, to protect you, not to fight an army! Let's slip away while they fight!"

In orcish again:
"Hunters! Range ready! Protect the pink-skins! Get among the stones and shoot whatever approaches. Klutha, to me!"

[sblock=Action]

Move: to flank with Mourgrym
[roll0]
[roll1]

[/sblock]

Last edited:

OOC: Depending on which predator imp survives until his turn comes, Hagadark flanks with either Mourgrym or Ho-og

[roll0]
[roll1]

Last edited:

Archon Basileus

First Post
[Well, you... pretty much squashed all of my predators! So, @MetaVoid and gang, feel free to re-position your characters as you'd like! Also, @Neurotic, NOTHING that I throw on you will make you run, eh! :p Wel... Let's see how you guys will use your... Assets.]

Arvid's eyes widen as she tries to get herself together. "Are you mad, monk? We can't beat that thing!" - even though she seems fearful, Arvana begins to prepare her arrows once more, decided to fight if need be.

No other wave of attackers come towards the companions. As they catch their breathes, they can get a closer look at each other. To Morgrym's surprise, an orc hunting party seems to have bled with them. Two fighters, two archers, a tall observer and the leader, apparently responsible for the cold mist that still rises from the floor. As their leader performs a carefully rehearsed attack against the last imp, the tall orc moves forward, a pair of red eyes shining within black eye sockets.

"Mhuagra, Mother of Secrets, this one is for you. In the upcoming fight, please reveal to us a way to defeat it. Bring it down to its doom."

"Very well, shaman! You've done your part. And I will help you against your foe." - she takes the imp's death for a sacrifice, rises the body and begins to seep on it's blood. "But if we are to to this, I will need... More..." - she says as she gorges on the creature's blood.

From the fog, the screams intensify. The beast roars in challenge, terrorizing the warriors. Around the heroes, all that can be seen is a wave of running serpents and the occasional dwarf (The resilient and stubborn race would certainly die fighting the thing, should the companions choose to leave things to their own fate.) It's only a matter of time until the creature clears out the field and comes for the companions!

[Ok, you have to decide what to do, now: leave, stay and fight, attract the creature and run from it... You have the orc hunting party, and you have Tugg-Mhuagra. She'll be under your control for the battle. She fights as Tugg would, but I'll let you in a little secret. Every hit die worth in blood sacrifices she consumes will give her a corresponding spell level (the creature must be sentient). If she gathers enough levels, she can cast a chosen spell, no preparation needed. For now, she can cast mage spells up to level 7 in this way, restricted to divination, enchantment and illusion schools... But remember: there's ALWAYS a price!]

@Neurotic @KahlessNestor @MetaVoid

Last edited:

Neurotic

Seventh level is so far above our paygrade that even low effect spell could bring the dtagon down - semireal illusions, enchantments...maybe some mass advantage from divination...I'm not versed in pf spells.

MetaVoid, sacrifice of an intelligent being is an evil act even if stopping it supresses your cultural practices ☺ Marius order is dedicated fighting such ...

Archon Basileus

First Post
Yeah, seventh is more than enough. A little less, a little better. Without it, well... You know the thing's stats. Mhuagra has one die so far.

And, yeah, moral decision time, hehehe! It's the best part of any game for me!

Enviado de meu GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk

Archon Basileus

First Post
Also... Think about her... Amidst a warlike tribe of orcs... Receiving sacrifice upon sacrifice.... >)

Oh, and an additional piece of info: the giantess' sacrificial dice are already gone.

Enviado de meu GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk

Neurotic

""I'm not mad, Arvana, that thing will kill every dwarf on the plain unless we do something! And besides
[sblock=Draconic]
IT IS NOT A TRUE DRAGON! IT WOULDN'T ALLOW SNAKE-DEMONS TO ORDER IT AROUND LIKE A FETCH-DOG
[/sblock]

it's 'just' a wyvern. Dangerous, yes, but we have some extra muscle..."
he indicates the orcs
"...and magical firepower..." indicating the shaman.
"We just need to think how to bring it down to us! I'm working on it!"

[sblock=Draconic]
"HONORED KEEPER, SNAKE DEMON WITH MANY ARMS HOLDS THE KEY! HELP US! VRADNA IS BETRAYED!"
[/sblock]

OOC:
[MENTION=6855545]Archon Basileus[/MENTION]: Marius? Run from overgrown lizard?! No :) It is not true dragon! :)
As usual, THIS IS SHOUTING! Marius is trying to get it's attention and get it to kill powerful enemy at the same time :)

Now, Neurotic? Yeah, let's run for it! But you need to convince Marius LG monk to leave all those dwarves to certain death. [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION], your choice, plenty of enemies running away, you might even get off this once with sacrifices since we're in the middle of combat, but it is your risk and your choice. I wouldn't :)

Last edited:

[sblock=Orcish]
"Great Mhuagra, would you accept those slain in combat around us? We're not in position to make elaborate rituals."

If the answer is yes/nod/confirmation
"Hunters, bring down those fleeing snakes. Leave the dwarves! Let's get among the boulders and intercept those soldiers for the glory of Mhuagra!"

If the answer is no
"My apologies, Great Spirit, I cannot do proper ritual in the middle of the fight. We'll make do."
[/sblock]

After shouting at his warriors shaman approaches the group speaking hurriedly in Common language so that everyone understands him
"We were sent to cover for you, we're all part of greater whole. If you want to fight the dragon, we'll be here, but we won't throw our lives away blindly. Which one of you carries the item? That is, who needs to be protected?"

As wyvern continues it's rampage he gets some more wind
"My name is Hagadark, I am the shaman of the orc tribe. These are the best hunters we have. We've already slain a giant sorceress and her pets. If you plan on fighting here, what is the plan? Collect the dwarves routed, we need all arms we can get. My advice would be, use the mists and run!"

OOC: With Mourgrym and Hagadark targeting touch AC at range, we should do some damage especially if dice is good to us and we land a critical or two.
[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION], [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION]: how would we land the thing? Do we even want to? How are you with resources [MENTION=6855545]Archon Basileus[/MENTION]: would the sacrifices through combat work? Also, how do we go about good shaman making sacrifices? In our world, it could be waved off as cultural practice - he probably wouldn't even think he's doing something bad. But in fantasy worlds where Good and Evil are more than concepts, would this be one instance where no amount of 'they are not innocents, they are war victories' explanations would help by alignment shift.

I imagine he would be uneasy with sacrificing as freely as orc shamams do especially once he learned more about other cultures with humans. But he grew up as shaman apprentice and sacrifice is part of his life.

Remove ads