Pathfinder 1E [IC] - TIDERULER OF MARAN

Shayuri

First Post
"So...this dagger," Shayuri said carefully. "Do you know what it IS? I mean, clearly you know what it does...or have some idea...but do you know it's significance? Is there any chance that it IS the Tideruler? I mean, do any of you even actually know what exactly you're looking for?"

"We were looking for one human and one dwarf, potentially others along side them that carry the dagger. That is almost assuredly not Tideruler." Hagadark explains

Archon Basileus

First Post
Sorry for the delay, guys, I'll update on this weekend and resume normal pacing! Later!

Arvana gestures towards the fire. "My people spoke of the Tideruler in whispered tones. It was said to be a device of great power, capable of untold destruction." - she throws a broken shaft into the fire. "So much so that it was banned from this plane of existence. The Enslaver, as far as I understood, is a key. Maybe it is only the means to reach the Tideruler once more." - her tone is far more reserved, as if she understood Hagadark's disposition. For most sentient species, an orc's driven nature might be considered quite menacing, as far as postures go. "During my audience with the Maiden - the spirit that dwells beneath the coast - I was able to grasp pieces of information about the Enslaver. And, to be honest..." - she seems to profit from Morgrym's sudden absence - "...I'm a bit concerned. The fishmen we faced before mentioned that the Enslaver was protected by powerful spells, and that something terrible might come to pass if it was removed from the altar where it rested. In fact... I didn't even think it to be possible... I mean, to remove the blade from the altar. As someone approached it, it was supposed to... Ah, never mind. It's here. And I suspect this whole war around us is the result." - she rises and goes towards Shayuri, sitting by her side. She reaches for a purse, moves her hand around a bit, and brings out a small wrap. "Here..." - she seems to hesitate for a while, but surrenders the thing. "Have a look." - she reaches for Shayuri's hand, as if she wanted her to take the pack.

As the group talks on, Morgrym approaches the shadows, subtly. He sees an entrance going down in calculated, natural steps, through naked, wet stones. The contrast takes him off guard. The entrance even smells fresher than most of the White Desert, as if a spring was just below his feet. His eyes, used to the dark, can see beyond, and his trained ears capture the distinctive sound of cascading water. Inside, below, the eyes shine once more, and the body of a White Desert ferret shows itself. Morgrym would have dismissed the experience as a simple act of nature - a ferret getting water - but then the strangest thing happens. Without warning, the ferret opens its mouth, and a youthful, female voice comes from it, in whispers. "Fear not... Come, druid, for you are needed." - it is almost like an illusion, brief and confusing, and soon enough the ferret turns on its - her - back and moves even further into the cave.
[MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION] [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION]

[We're back for good! Sorry again! Too much work, a lot of demand and total exhaustion! Hey, [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION], how are you feeling these days, man? Hope everything's alright!]

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: can't sit by the computer, but everything goes excellent - lost the stitches today, therapy ongoing...job team full of understanding.

Shayuri

First Post
"I see...the knife, the 'Enslaver' is necessary for reaching the Tideruler...that's interesting. And it makes sense too...something like that, you wouldn't want to just leave it lying around," Shayuri muses. She looks a little surprised when Arvana sits by her, and takes the pack with a confused expression."

"What's this?"

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Marius listens Arvanas story with interest. But he's still careful about orcs and their surroundins. Thus, he notices Mourgryms meandering. But, seeing nothing strange in dwarf druid studying the cave and stretching his legs, he returns his attention to the girls.

OOC: just to let you know I'm here :)

Archon Basileus

First Post
The package contains a small dragon statue. It's made from a form of raw stone, shaped in primitive lines and covered in moss, as if time had allowed the colors and shapes to intertwine. It is surprisingly heavy for its size - the statue can be held in one hand without difficulty - and as Shayuri turns it around, its eyes seem to shine as if suddenly polished.

"I found this as I trailed through the fishmen lands..." - she continues. "As far as I understand, it might be some sort of idol. There are plenty around Gaelia, I heard, since people tend to worship dragons in several areas. But I'm quite curious to know why they1d have one of these. Do you recognize it?" - she asks, studying Shayuri's face. "Either way, it'd be better for you to keep it. Maybe it'll be of some use to you."

On the other side of the camp, Hagadark is approached by Tugg-Mhuagra. The solid, brutal visage faces the shaman with merciless eyes.

"Tell me, shaman, who is this Dram, and why are you under his service? How would an entire tribe be under his service?" - Hagadark feels that the question is far more dangerous than it seems. Spirits tend to be angry at displays of weakness, and she seems to be testing the shaman once more.
[MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION] [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION]

Shayuri

First Post
The sorceress takes the statuette out and holds it both hands, contemplating it.

"Well...it's old," she muses softly. "Too small for a dragon I think...possibly a totem or devotional carved by a subject or cultist... Gillmen are an old people as well, almost certainly dating back to or even before the era of draconic rule. Not too strange that they might still have artifacts..."

She frowned slightly. Had the eyes changed? Shayuri lifted the idol up to get a closer look, and with a thumb brushed the polished stone there to make sure it wasn't just a trick of moss or dust falling away.

"Dram is a mage. Powerful one. The tribe is not under his service. Tribes can be paid to do things for others. In this case, only my hunters and I are in his service for this one particular task. The rest of the tribe lives normally. It was our choice because the price was acceptable." Hagadark, recognizes the test and answers as he thinks best, emphasizing the independence of the tribe and the ability to choose.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Near Maran
Night
Round 0

Morgrym examined the opening, and the steps leading down. He could hear and smell water, a precious thing in the desert. He frowned and crouched down to peer at the white ferret.

“By Moradin’s hoary beard,” he murmured. “Wot’s down there, lassie?” he asked. But he followed into the opening nonetheless.

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 59/59 NL: 0
AC: 17 FF: 11 T: 16 (+4 vs Giants)
CMD: 16 (+2 vs bull rush, trip)
Fort: 8 Ref: 2 Will: 8 (+2 vs poisons, spells, SLA; +4 v fey and plant effects)
Armed: MW Cold Iron Battleaxe
Ammunition: 9/10 bullets
Storm Burst 6/7/day
Wild Shape 1/1/day

Conditions:

Spells Prepared
0: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
1: Obscuring Mist (Domain), Cure Light Wounds, Produce Flame, Faerie Fire*, [Summon Nature’s Ally 1 (Spontaneous)]
2: Fog Cloud (Domain), Barkskin*, Flaming Sphere*, [Summon Nature’s Ally II (Spontaneous)]
[/sblock]
3: Call Lightning (Domain), Cure Moderate Wounds, Protection from Energy, [Summon Nature’s Ally III (Spontaneous)]

Remove ads