• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E [IC] - TIDERULER OF MARAN

Shayuri

First Post
Shayuri hmms a bit as her spell concludes, and looks at Arvana and anyone else nearby.

"I think I understand, at least a little. This is a vessel for a spirit or soul of some kind. The eyes of it are enchanted to let it make contact with someone else who looks into them. The whole thing is made to sense the kind of creature holding it, I think to determine its ancestors or lineage."

She looks back at the statue, at the back of its head. "I can't rule out the possibility that it will attempt to influence me, or even possess me, when I use it. I was able to resist its power before, but that seems to resist ALL contact. If I want to find out what this is, I'll have to let it in."

"I, uh...suggest that someone be ready to restrain me, if needed."

Simply not using it seemed not to be an option for her. A mystery like this couldn't go uninvestigated.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"I will watch over you, we had the same situation earlier when we tried some scouting through enemy item. You could try and identify that too if you can. I would be interested in trying the power of the statue, I'm studying the dragons since forever." offers the monk

HAGADARK
"You are a good leader, Hagadark Half-Blood, almost too good to be trusted." - she laughs, contemplating the shaman directly. "And I know you'd be ready to hold the legacy of the Tideruler, knowing it's secret." - she smiles deviously. "The Tideruler is a device that can only be employed by a certain set of bloodlines. You'll see. Your Adalous Dram will confirm it, if he trully understands the nature of the artifact everyone covets so much. Even if you find it, you'll still need an heir to the legacy of the Tideruler to find it and yield its powers. The dwarves might not know of it, or they might know of a heir."
"I thank you for your wisdom, Great One. I will keep this in mind and befriend our prisoner dwarf."

"What if you could bring the power of the Tideruler to the tribes? No other would tolerate the idea. But you, my adorable Half-Blood, you know what it means to strength your own bloodline. You wouldn't refuse to mix your blood with the Tideruler's bloodline, should the need arise, would you? No, you are not like Ho-og or the others... You, and strong Klutha, are half-breeds." - she pauses, reading Hagadark's reactions.
"You're right, I would't mind it. My blood as you say, is already impure. But I would first need to know who is of the blood. And hopefully, it would be female." he grins

"Fate brought you here, Hagadark the Shaman. Fate brought you here. I know who holds the blood - no secrets are hidden from me. And I can ease your quest, find a way to bring you into the fold. As long as you bring the bloodline that can claim the Tideruler into your tribe... Think of it: they'll hold its power for generations. The tribes will rise, and no one will be able to deny them. Not any more... And the dwarves" - she smiles - "...the dwarves will have to accept your people for as long as they hold the power of the Tideruler." - she silences, waiting for an answer.
"The acceptance, Great One, not submission of the dwarves. Old ways are dangerous. Tideruler was once part of the world. And its powers didn't save whoever wielded them. Against united front of all civilized people, no single race can hope to prevail. But if we show them we can live with the power and advance ourselves without killing everyone else, acceptance will follow naturally. Maybe a bit longer with the dwarves due their stubborness and longevity. But humans...within a generation we will be equals. But that requires some planning and change of the orcs too. Senseless violence tribes degenerated into need to be reigned in and old ways of fierce warriors, wild, but dependable (if not outright honorable) restored."

Now is Hagadarks turn to see if Mhuagra accepts the idea of this strange new world in which humans and orcs live side by side. And their offspring too, without being ostracized.

In his innermost thoughts Hagadark hopes there will be no more orcs and no more humans, but the hybrids, carrying best of both parent races. But, with the spirit who naturally knows the secrets, his careful framing may not hold. Raising orcs to equality among the races is definitely first step which may well take the rest of his life.

Shayuri

First Post
Shayuri nods. "Hopefully it won't have access to my spells, if so. Mind the claws though."

She turned the idol around, and met its eyes. This time when she felt the magic taking hold she did not resist.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Marius stands behind Shayuri and gently, so he doesn't break her focus, takes hold of her arms with one hand while readying the other to smother any spellcasting.

Archon Basileus

First Post
MORGRYM

The ferret persists. "You do not need words to accomplish your tasks, druid. Your god is faceless, voiceless, and yet his will is unbroken. From beneath your feet, he persists to exist, and so will you. He feels for your kind, the suffering breed that bleeds tonight and will bleed yet again. He wishes for it to survive, and he will grant his signs, so Maran might live through these dark tidings." - the ferret looks up, as if reaching beyond the cave's roof. "It's time, now. You should meet your companions once more. Many pacts were sealed so this moment might happen. And not for the first time this will come to pass, druid..." - the ferret leaps backwards, choosing the stones that will lead it to the thickest of the branches, in the distance. Slowly, it vanishes, turning one last time towards Morgrym, a reassuring posture attempting to encourage the druid. Upon his finger, the small dragon turns to a green-blue dust, mixing with the dirt upon his thick palm and desappearing for the time being. And even then, the dwarf feels the presence of the small creature pulsating upon his skin.

[If Morgrym returns to his companions, he sees the last scene of this post unfolding. Otherwise, we'll post after the response.]

HAGADARK

"Your plans hold no secrecy before my eyes shaman" - she speaks, in an amused tone. "Your path is your own. Change is inevitable. If you are confident you might put it to good use, so be it. The blood will persist, and the alliances your tribes made so long ago with the spirits will remain." - she glances at the nocturnal skies with unusual serenity. "Remember, shaman, I guard the secrets of the world, and they, in exchange, are open to me as a lover to his damsel. From secrets I reap confessions, through guile and sweet promises, and even mysteries of past and future are mine to behold. At least, for as long as they remain secrets to your mortal kind." - she smiles slyly, facing Hagadark once more. "I see what will become of you and your tribe, but such knowledge fades as it becomes predictable and apparent to you and your kin. And yet it will rise once more, before my eyes, no longer whispered in the darkest halls of existence, no longer shining only to me. Your fate I might share with you, should you want me to. But for now you must return. You have a role to play, yet once more, before the conflagration that forms on the horizon. Go back to your companions, as it should be, as I have seen you do so many times before. A meeting long awaited is about to begin." - she begins to walk away, her eyes promising to return when the time is right.

[If Hagadark decides to return to his companions, he sees the events on the end of the post. Otherwise, we'll post after the response.]

SHAYURI/MARIUS

"You'd better hold her down..." - Arvana seems to disaprove the plan, but plays along. She prepares a few capsules, placing them between her fingers, as if to make it easy to flick them towards the duo. She stands up, assuming a defensive stance, and nods to confirm her readiness.

As Shayuri turns the statue, she sees the eyes flickering once more against the bonfire's dim light. The jewels are once more alive, and the small dragon seems to contemplate her in the depths of her soul. Beneath her fingers, the statue feels almost alive. Stone slowly gain the texture of organic scales, and a throbbing sensation crosses the edges of the figurine. It is as if something agitated itself inside the idol, coursing through its dark interior as a small, nonstopping star. Soon, the timid presence insituates itself around the edges of Shayuri's consciousness as a nymph entering a deep, calm lake. The little thing moves towards the center of Shayuri's very being, and slowly disappears, as if sinking deliberately in her thoughts. After it vanishes, a few seconds of staleness define Shayuri's thoughts. She almost ends the experiment, considering it a failure, but suddenly a faint voice rises from her, establishing a mental link. It seems to come from within Shayuri's mind, no longer residing in the idol, as it once did.

"I... I see you! Such a long time in solitude!" - the voice, clearly female, sounds strangely familiar to Shayuri, and yet she can't quite recognize it. The curious researcher raises her eyes, seeing the encampent as it was before. For a moment, the voice seems lost, as if it had disappeared into her mind once more, but then it continues, still a bit distant. "Just as before, in every detail... Or does my mind play tricks on me again? Where are the others, Shayuri?" - the voice awaits for an answer.
[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION]

Shayuri

First Post
The sorceress opens her mouth to answer, then reconsiders and closes it for a moment. Then she says, "It's all right. The presence in the idol is making contact, but I don't think it's able to try to control me."

With a sigh, she acknowledges, "...which, I admit, is something it might try to force me to say if it had controlled me, but that's a game that has no end. Trust me or don't...I need to communicate with this thing. Ideally without being tackled and pinned."

She gives Arvana and Marius a grin, then settles back to 'speak' silently in her own mind.

You have me at a disadvantage, which is a little disconcerting given that you're in my mind. Have you been reading my memories to know my name? She then adds grudgingly, The others have gone off on errands of their own. Not far, I assume, but I don't know exactly where. Who are you?

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Near Maran
Night
Round 0

Morgrym watched in fascination as the little dragon turned to dust. He couldn’t entirely be sure what to do. He lightly reached out with his mind for the dragon.

With the ferret gone, Morgrym trudged back up the stairs. He saw the others doing some sort of weird gnomish massage with the dragon girl Shayuri and shook his head, muttering. He gathered up their waterskins and returned to the pool to fill them. One never knew when one could get water in the White Desert again.

“Wot in tarnation are ye all daein’ t’ tha’ poor gel?” Morgrym demanded.

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 59/59 NL: 0
AC: 17 FF: 11 T: 16 (+4 vs Giants)
CMD: 16 (+2 vs bull rush, trip)
Fort: 8 Ref: 2 Will: 8 (+2 vs poisons, spells, SLA; +4 v fey and plant effects)
Armed: MW Cold Iron Battleaxe
Ammunition: 9/10 bullets
Storm Burst 6/7/day
Wild Shape 1/1/day

Conditions:

Spells Prepared
0: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
1: Obscuring Mist (Domain), Cure Light Wounds, Produce Flame, Faerie Fire*, [Summon Nature’s Ally 1 (Spontaneous)]
2: Fog Cloud (Domain), Barkskin*, Flaming Sphere*, [Summon Nature’s Ally II (Spontaneous)]
[/sblock]
3: Call Lightning (Domain), Cure Moderate Wounds, Protection from Energy, [Summon Nature’s Ally III (Spontaneous)]

HAGADARK[/B]

"Your plans hold no secrecy before my eyes shaman" - she speaks, in an amused tone. "Your path is your own. Change is inevitable. If you are confident you might put it to good use, so be it. The blood will persist, and the alliances your tribes made so long ago with the spirits will remain."
Go back to your companions, as it should be, as I have seen you do so many times before. A meeting long awaited is about to begin." - she begins to walk away, her eyes promising to return when the time is right.

"Thank you, Great One, for your support. We will return you and your idol to The People and we will rise once again!"

Hagadark bows and returns to the group. He silently observes the happenings and notes the return of the dwarf, but remains silent.

Archon Basileus

First Post
The second time around, the fountain lies silent. The slim creatures risen from the strange seeds have vanished, much like the one that turned into thin dust around his fingers. Their presence could still be sensed, though, as well as the freshness and strength of the waters. Only his god would be sure what might become of those who drank from such a pure, potent spring, but the druid remains confident that it can only be for the best. Virtue survival desire ascension

As the companions gather around the woman, they sense a strange familiarity. The déjá vu lasts for a second at most, but it is enough to bring a trembling sensation to them.

SHAYURI

"Mayhap, I do hold an advantage on you. But mayhap it is you that holds me hostage, Shayuri." - the voice halts for a moment, and even in silence it seems to increase in strength, becoming more defined. "Besides, I fear anything beyond the most imperative words..." - as the voice gains body, it grows as if from a damsel's mouth - "...would be a waste. I am Athene, placed here as the enduring memory of heroism and desire, resilience and awareness." - beyond her words, Shayuri can sense a deep sadness, a feeling that stings and stains her monologue. "Your ancestors forged me to remember and recognize their offspring in Gaelia, even long after they left. Only their blood could awaken me... As you have." - images swirl Shayuri's mind, flashing against the blackness of closing eyes. She sees the highest mountains of Gaelia, where a covenant of serpentine, towering winged figures gathered. Their number is impressive, and Shayuri fears the entire landmass will shatter under the sheer power of their words. Seven fly to the top of a peak, where dolmens have been carefully arranged around a stone slab. Upon it, a solitary serpentine beast of translucid aspect materializes and molds ether itself, as if it was clay, right before breathing a cloud of fulgurant steam over it. The mold agitates itself, rising with curious features, so faint and delicate, to face the world for the first time. Athene was born, forged by the hands of a telluric dragon, no less, and having beasts of respectable age as testimonies.

The memory breaks up suddenly.

"Now, you know who I am, as much as I know who you are. And you have me at a disadvantage, for I don't know you companions, even though your senses tell me they are around you."

MARIUS

For a second, the monk feels dizzy. The desert vanishes, and he walks the inner gardens of the Temple once more. He sees many faces, and although he recognizes no one, the students, monks and warriors he meets are quite familiar to him. As he moves, no one notices his presence, shadows probably protecting him from attention. For reasons he can't quite understand, he walks towards the meditation gardens, where he sees an old man, raking the sands in silence, meditating. His meager figure bears soft, pale skin and even paler long hair. His soft beard falls over a vigorous, although old, chest, nothing in his countenance showing exaustion. The old man keeps his pace, building focus and patience, until he rises his eyes, slowly. His gaze meets Marius', his eyes bearing familiar, unusual colors hidden among shadows. Suddenly, Marius realizes he glances at himself, as much as the old man glances at him. His older version seems surprised by the vision, as if he was suddenly touched by a greater truth. He smiles a faint smile, calculating words for a second or two, perhaps a bit confused, perhaps a bit happy.

"What would I say to my younger self, should I have the chance?" - he asks, as if expecting an answer from Marius.

MORGRYM

The druid stumbles a bit, water spilling over his naked hand as the shock reaches him. He seems to loose sight of the scene for a second, and as he gathers himself, the whole scene seems different. He stares at the very same situation - a girl seated while a man pins her down - but the girl is not Shayuri. In fact, it is the dwarven priestess sent by the captain towards west, hours ago. Morgrym listens to several steps behind him - the rangers they met approach the circle, while Hagadark and no less than twelve hunters watch, distrustful glances all around. Someone steps right by his side, a dwarven woman, dressed in brown robes, face covered, druidic sickle in hand. She throws her hood to her back, and Morgrym sees - to his surprise - his sister, hair tressed and decorated in sacred herbs, blue dust on her face, similar to the one that covered his fingers not a moment ago. She looks at him once, twice, and only then she notices him.

"Wha... The dead are rising, they are!" - her teary eyes stare at Morgrym intently. "Morgrym.." - she says in hushed tones. "You must'ave a part ta play in all this... And I wish tae see ye again before the end, I do..." - as the priestess opens her eyes, tension begins to rise. "Ask what ye need, Morgrym, we've precious little time, we do."

HAGADARK

The desert flickers once, twice... And faint dawn's light never returns. Only the fire pits shine, and Hagadark is somewhere new, somewhere he doesn't know - even though it feels so familiar. He climbs a huge set of stone stairs towards the top of a piramid, placed in the center of a subterranean cave. Carvings and bones preserve the glorious memories of the united clans he rose and bred through alliances and experiences. He reaches the top, only to see Klutha, ten years older than now, resting on a stone throne, an orc child seating beneath her. The child holds the promise for the stronger tribe he envisoned, one that his wildest dreams couldn't have conceived, and the horns upon the child's head were living proof of her legacy. He occupies the throne by her side - his face is covered in a long beard, his body adorned by ritual markings and unrecognizable, so much it changed under the weight of alchemy. Klutha bows her head. "I see it in your eyes... You pierced the veil, my husband, I can see, and maybe in the lands beyond our words will be of use. Ask, and I will reveal." - she says, solemnly. Around him, muffled cries hail him, calling him shaman, master... king.

@Neurotic @KahlessNestor @MetaVoid @Shayuri

Last edited:

Remove ads