• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E (IC) Vault of the Dracolich (River Gang)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Kurzon edges forwards carefully, trying to use the maximum length of the rope.

OOC: do you need a climb check or something?

GM: Nope, but I'm going to need a Dexterity Saving Throw. (DC 12 if you want to narrate falling in (or not) by yourself. If you make it, you can jump forward, back, or stand balancing.)

The rock is easy enough to climb over, but as Kurzon shuffles forward, but it hides an extremely slippery algae growing up the bank.

River Song

Explorer
Kurzon scampers over the rock with the alacrity of a monkey and he feels exactly like one as his booted heel slips on the concealed algae and he falls over the side. With a curse he grabs hold of the rope and manhandles himself out of the water.

Climbing back up he decides to go back and report his findings to the others.

"What do you think, boats?" the sopping orc glared at the others daring them to bring up his sodden state.

eayres33

Explorer
Drako Sateen

Drako nods his head in agreement with his wet fellow adventurer. “As much as I would like to say I disagree with your suggestion, boats seem to be the safer bet.”

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Udit blinks slowly

"You're saying that a maybe 15 foot drop into an unknown situation is the safer bet? We have the means to take a better look... I'm not carrying all this exploration stuff for fun"

Udit rubs his face and adds "can we, uh, at least sends that torch raft ahead of us? We'll need light with us anyway, we can't handle the boats in the dark."

He then looks at Drako. "Can you make a magical light that won't go out if it's wet? Or any of you for that matter? I can't manage that..."

eayres33

Explorer
Drako shook his head, “No, light is beyond my capabilities I’m afraid.”

He was starting to feel useless, none of the challenges the group had faced had suited him. Drako smiled as mild inspiration hit. “I can move a torch 30 feet from the start of the drop, that could expand our range of vision.”

FitzTheRuke

Legend
GM: If you really don't want to take the kayaks, you could have Kurzon go back and tie the rope to that rock, then you'd have a line stretching from the tree to the rock (which is a little further than half way to the drop-off). Then everyone could have something to hang on to (as far as the rock, anyway). You could light it up from there if you want.

Or Aquaria could just take a waterslide in the dark.

Out of curiosity, does no-one have a lantern?

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Ooc: Udit has torches and a lantern, and candles too I think.

Udit turns to Draco "ooh, that would do quite nicely, it's much better than a dinky torch raft. And, uh, once we are on the other side I think that I can dry everyone up, no need to be wet... I hope".

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using EN World mobile app

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: A lantern could be used as a headlight for the lead kayak, though it would best be held by the person in the rear. You wouldn't really paddle to go down there, so much as fend off the walls, which could be done by the person in the bow alone.

Or you could walk.

Sent from my LG-D852 using EN World mobile app

tglassy

Adventurer
Aquaria sighs as the rest deliberate. "I'll just go check it out."

Without further ado, she jumps in the water.

Once under the surface, she feels more at home, more alive. She swims through the water more like a fish than a land creature, cutting through it as easy as air as she heads towards the waterfall.

OOC: Does she need any checks to leap over the waterfall?

Remove ads