[IC] WD's Against the Orcs

renau1g

First Post
"Well said good Loxlyn, no point wasting our breath here, when there's villiagers in need of our help. Three days ain't too much with filthy orcs, it's too bad they only ever carry such shoddy weapons" Mordok replies, the mention of gold clearly awakening his desires to adventure.

"Kill each other later? Not unless you're paying" the dragonborn says with a wink and a toothy grin before turning his attention back to the Baron "Now what's a sen-eh-shawl?" he asks, obviously struggling with the word.

Insight

Adventurer
"Well said good Loxlyn, no point wasting our breath here, when there's villiagers in need of our help. Three days ain't too much with filthy orcs, it's too bad they only ever carry such shoddy weapons" Mordok replies, the mention of gold clearly awakening his desires to adventure.

"Kill each other later? Not unless you're paying" the dragonborn says with a wink and a toothy grin before turning his attention back to the Baron "Now what's a sen-eh-shawl?" he asks, obviously struggling with the word.

Paranthraxus, the blue-scaled dragonborn, sighed playfully at his black-scaled fellow draconic. "Yes, please fetch this seneschal of yours so that we may get started. I suppose we should purchase some horses and provisions for the trip." He looked at the rest of the assembled adventurers. "Any of you know a good horsemonger?"

Walking Dad

First Post
"I'm the sneshal, just a humble servant of Lord Loxlyn." An grey-haired, gaunt man speaks up from behind you, even surprising Nervir. "I will show you the way to any stores you want. But horses won't be of much use. The way to Roxbury is even in the summer muddy, and now, you only will break your horses legs, if you try to hurry them."

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Argivion inclines his head curtly in Mordok's direction.
"Argivion of Frosty Glade".

He then turns back to the baron.
"Worthy? Might I ask Your Lordship who this person is and why he considers himself capable of judging my ... "worthiness"? "
"I have observed orcs, and I have observed you. I simply expressed my confidence in your abilities. Take no offense."
The Halfling looks around the room while rolling his shoulders to adjust the plate armor he's wearing. He fidgets with the hilt of the short sword at his side as he turns to address the mysterious elf at the back. "I am indeed called William. William Oaknob the second. But I have no memory of you."
"I am called Nervir, or Nerve if you prefer. You are correct to think we have not met me before."
"I'm the sneshal, just a humble servant of Lord Loxlyn." An grey-haired, gaunt man speaks up from behind you, even surprising Nervir. "I will show you the way to any stores you want. But horses won't be of much use. The way to Roxbury is even in the summer muddy, and now, you only will break your horses legs, if you try to hurry them."
Nervir eyes the seneschal intensely. Interesting, very talented. I should observe this man when we return, he would seem to be a fair test of my skills, he thinks to himself.

He announces, "I wish to purchase a pair of daggers from a weaponsmith. Then I will be prepared to depart." The elf then slings his bow and quiver over his shoulder and stands ready to follow the seneschal.

Niehaus

First Post
"Your answers are sufficient for me Lord Loxlyn. I am ready to leave as soon as the others are ready." William says with a smile happy to know he will recieve half his payment upfront.

Turning to the large dragonborn beside him William exclaims, "My that is a rather large sword you have um... Mordok is it? It must be extremely hard to wield."

renau1g

First Post
"Bah! Not so difficult for some little one. Although you wear the mail of a fighter so I am sure you can handle a blade yerself. Don't sell yourself short..." Mordok begins to laugh at his unintentional pun, his spirits high.

"Then one that elf gets his daggers we can head off? The sooner we get there, the more orcs we kill" the dragonborn says.

Niehaus

First Post
Bolstered by Mordok's response William straightens himself and responds, "Right you are!" And begins to laugh with what he hopes is a new found friend before agreeing with his next statement, "Yes we should hurry I doubt these orcs are going to kill themselves! All tho I would not be surprised if they did." He laughs at his own joke while preparing to leave the hall.

Padreigh

First Post
While the baron speaks, Argivion takes two sheets from a scroll case and a small ink well and a quill from one of his belt pouches. He writes quickly.

He then hands the scrolls to the Seneschal.

"Standard contract", he explains. "I filled in the details. Read it and then sign it or let your master sign it. It clearly states the mission details and should also convince the villagers that I am in fact acting on your master's behalf."

Padreigh

First Post
While waiting for the Seneschal's response, Argivion turns to the Halfling and Mordok:
"There is a proverb:
Killing orcs is like washing a pig. Turn your back for a second, and the filth is back.
So do not worry. You will most assuredly be able to slaughter as many of them as you want."

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
"I do not wish to delay us. The daggers need not necessarily be from a smith. I also wish to leave as soon as possible," the elf replies.
While waiting for the Seneschal's response, Argivion turns to the Halfling and Mordok:
"There is a proverb:
Killing orcs is like washing a pig. Turn your back for a second, and the filth is back.
So do not worry. You will most assuredly be able to slaughter as many of them as you want."
Nerve adds his thoughts to the conversation, "That proverb is troublingly accurate. Though I don't know of any pig filth that will kill and pillage and burn." His expression remains unchanged, non-existent throughout the conversation. "I agree with the others, we must set out immediately."

Remove ads