[IC] WD's Against the Orcs

Walking Dad

First Post
"Sure, I will sign the contract, if it is in the lord's offer's spirit.

The daggers should be no problem. I can let them bring to you with the provisions. Is this anything you need? If not, I would suggest to wait a moment on the eastern entrance for the delivery."
The seneshal answers the question as he brings you to the door.

Padreigh

First Post
"I require nothing else", Argivion says.
"But I would like to remind those who are so eager to rush at the orcs of yet another proverb:

The foolish and unwary find surprises and among them, waiting, Death.
We should be careful and not underestimate the orcs."

Niehaus

First Post
"My apologies if I seem to eager to jump into the fray sir Argivion. This is my first official commission and I am certainly eager to prove myself. Up until now all my experiance has been with merchants and private citizen." Replies William as he attempts to quell his excitement. "There is wisdom in your works and I will endevor to take them to heart."

renau1g

First Post
"Bah! No need to worry oh wise one, I ain't gonna just charge headlong into their ranks, but I do enjoy the sound of their death cries" Mordok says derisively, before turning and complying with the seneshal's request.

Padreigh

First Post
Argivion shakes his head as he watches the Dragonborn leave.
But for a tiny moment he also seemed to be amused.

He then follows the Dragonborn and the Seneschal.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
"The daggers should be no problem. I can let them bring to you with the provisions. Is this anything you need? If not, I would suggest to wait a moment on the eastern entrance for the delivery." The seneshal answers the question as he brings you to the door.
"My thanks." Nerve hands the seneschal a pair of gold coins to pay whoever the daggers are from and asks, "This would be appropriate payment?"

After paying for the weapons, the elf silently follows Mordok and Argivion towards the east entrance to wait as the seneschal requested.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
After you finished equipping yourself and getting proviant, maps (and daggers). You begin your way to Roxburry...

---------

More later

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
"My thanks." Nerve hands the seneschal a pair of gold coins to pay whoever the daggers are from and asks, "This would be appropriate payment?"

After paying for the weapons, the elf silently follows Mordok and Argivion towards the east entrance to wait as the seneschal requested.

Paranthraxus analyzes his companions as they assemble near the east entrance. He then nods to the seneschal and joins the rest of them, ready to head out.

Walking Dad

First Post
ooc: select a position in the red frame on the map for your character and roll initiative, please.
(Thanks for the map to redclaw)

[sblock=map]
attachment.php

[/sblock]

The journey so far has been more tedious than difficult. For the last two days you have traveled along a trail which led through agricultural land into the hills that mark the start of the Eastern Marches. Since leaving behind the cultivated lands you have seen little sign of life save for the occasional rabbit, deer, or flock of birds.
Rain has been your constant companion, however, and the comfort of Roxbury, with its promise of a warming fire and hot food, lies only a few hours march away.
In the last few miles the open hills have given way to heavily wooded copses, which stand close to the path.
As you trudge along the well-used trail, nearing a makeshift bridge, you have the feeling that you are being watched.
Without warning, a fierce cry fills the air and a group of well-muscled, green-skinned orcs with bestial faces burst from the vegetation on the side of the road.
With a savage snarl, they fall upon your party.

ooc: They were not stealthy enough to give them a surprise round, but I will place them after knowing your position.

Remove ads