If a person could read minds, control thoughts/actions

Bullgrit

Adventurer
If you knew a person had the power of reading minds and/or controlling thoughts and actions, would you feel comfortable being around them?

Bullgrit

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
How would I know if I was? If the person can control me, and I know that, how would I know I was being me anymore? Actually feeling comfortable about it might indicate to me that I really wasn't and that I was being controlled?

Hmm. That line of thought gets complex fast. :uhoh:

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
That's okay. The mind-controller would probably make sure that line of thought didn't happen.
Unless there's a limit to how much power the person can exert, in which case some of the thoughts would be mine, in which case conflicting thoughts about it might indicate the person trying to control them.

Except that having conflicting thoughts about something is normal. :p

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
That depends - is their power limited by range? If they can control me from across town, my comfort won't be very dependent on being around them.

bone_naga

Explorer
I think I'd find out pretty quickly if they were reading my mind. I'd probably have to put a sticker on my forehead that says "not fit for human consumption".

Bullgrit

Adventurer
It's interesting that most seem to think that if someone could read/control minds, they would do it.

If you had that power, would you use it freely? If you could read & control minds, would you immediately and constantly read & control the minds of everyone around you? Why or why not?

Bullgrit

Remove ads