IG's Legend of The Ripper [OOC]

Isida Kep'Tukari said:
Uh... Ivid? I hate to break it to you, but Dacen is currently unconscious and bleeding. Fen and Rayel are on their own...

omgblinky3sm.gif
Oh rly?! - RLY!!!

Sorry, had misread IGG's post and thought that I still had 1 HP left! :eek:

:) And here I go editing my post... IMC, I usually let people talk when they are with negative HP, but they cannot perform actions. - Like when Calahan dreamed of the Windfish, in the Paridon game.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Ivid said:
omgblinky3sm.gif
Oh rly?! - RLY!!!

Sorry, had misread IGG's post and thought that I still had 1 HP left! :eek:

:) And here I go editing my post... IMC, I usually let people talk when they are with negative HP, but they cannot perform actions. - Like when Calahan dreamed of the Windfish, in the Paridon game.

It's all good - I worked it in. Turns out you edited your post as I was posting the update. Everything still fits though, so we're good.

So, here we are: We're down to two PCs. Fen is down to 1 hp, and the bad guy is up in his face. If he fires or moves (depending on the move), he'll draw an AoO and likely fall. I think it'll take a bit of finesse to get out of this one, but he might pull it off.

That leaves Rayel all alone in her burning rage to exact her vengeance upon the murderous bastard.

Could this by my first TPK ever? Hmm...

In all honestly, I really hadn't expected it to play out like this. I hope I'm doing it fairly. I think this is the first group I've ever had where a PC that was still active actually died.

Rhun

First Post
Damn, I miss a couple of days and everything goes to hell. LOL. Don't feel bad, IG. Rexy wasn't even my PC...if she had been the quick death might have bothered me, but since she ain't, well...C'est la vie.

industrygothica said:
It's all good - I worked it in. Turns out you edited your post as I was posting the update. Everything still fits though, so we're good.

Could this by my first TPK ever? Hmm...

Thanks! :D

But: Phew, this was a close call! Can't we go an resurrect Rexy IN THE NEXT ADVENTURE?
*Hint, hint.* ;)

industrygothica

Adventurer
Rhun said:
Damn, I miss a couple of days and everything goes to hell. LOL. Don't feel bad, IG. Rexy wasn't even my PC...if she had been the quick death might have bothered me, but since she ain't, well...C'est la vie.

You know I'm still a bit green in the DM department, so let me ask you:

Would it have bothered you just because you put all that time and energy into a player and now he's dead, or because there's something that, as a DM, I should have done differently, in your eyes. I'm looking at this as a learning experience, I guess. What would you have done in this situation, do you think?

Ivid said:
But: Phew, this was a close call! Can't we go an resurrect Rexy IN THE NEXT ADVENTURE?
*Hint, hint.*

Ack. There actually is a bit more to this adventure as it is published, but I am inclined to leave it be as it is. I've read a few reviews of it, and quite a few of them suggested that it'd be better if the other stuff was left out. While I haven't exactly left it out, it is something that you guys passed over briefly, and I'm perfectly happy to leave it that way. I believe that this ending is much better than what is originally published.

That being said, I'd love to see these characters continue on their journey. I think that Rayel has an excellent storyline that could be played out for God knows how long, and the dreary backdrop of Miller's Court and the surrounding town is perfectly gloomy and much suited to my palate. But I'm not the man to do it. I haven't the time nor the energy to devote to coming up with something new right now.

frostrune

First Post
I assume there is something left to be done with the restless soul of.... ack I can't remember her name.

This creature may have killed her, may have been the 'ripper' all these years but I'm guessing her soul has been bound here by something else. All the circles and pentagrams and such. Maybe that is the unfinished business?

Rhun

First Post
Ivid said:
*Hint, hint.* ;)

Honestly, if IG decides to continue on with a second adventure, my preference would be to create a new PC for it. I never really got into Rexy unfortunately.

Rhun

First Post
industrygothica said:

Would it have bothered you just because you put all that time and energy into a player and now he's dead, or because there's something that, as a DM, I should have done differently, in your eyes. I'm looking at this as a learning experience, I guess. What would you have done in this situation, do you think?

Truth be told, it was just unlucky dice rolling, and I understand that completely. I've been a DM for over 20 years, and sometimes a critical pops up and kills your PC. While it is always fun to dispatch the BBEG in one hit, but when he does that to your PC it is a different story.

And honestly, I probably would have done the exact same thing. While it isn't necessaryily fun, good luck and bad luck are a big part of the game.

industrygothica said:

FWIW, I had no objection on this. Wouldn't have been angry if Dacen had died, too.
PKs are part of the game, that's where the thrill comes from.

industrygothica said:
That being said, I'd love to see these characters continue on their journey. I think that Rayel has an excellent storyline that could be played out for God knows how long, and the dreary backdrop of Miller's Court and the surrounding town is perfectly gloomy and much suited to my palate. But I'm not the man to do it. I haven't the time nor the energy to devote to coming up with something new right now.

:\ Well, that's very sad! I enjoyed the short game a lot and had begun to like Dacen as an interesting character - so different to the types I normally play. (As I posted above, I believe, the very first cleric PC I played.)

Now, since I won't be able to DM a game here myself (already running a campaign over at the Blackmoor boards), maybe someone else would volunteer? :D

Of course, I'll just be happy if we play this one here out! I am confident we will meet in another game here on ENW sooner or later again! :)

In any case, thanks a lot for the great fun, IGG! :)

industrygothica

Adventurer
frostrune said:
I assume there is something left to be done with the restless soul of.... ack I can't remember her name.

This creature may have killed her, may have been the 'ripper' all these years but I'm guessing her soul has been bound here by something else. All the circles and pentagrams and such. Maybe that is the unfinished business?

That's just it - the piece that's left literally has absolutely nothing to do with the story so far. It's really pretty ridiculous.

Remove ads