IG's Legend of The Ripper [OOC]

Rayex

First Post
industrygothica said:
Looks good at first glance. You'll still need to select a taboo if Xao is chosen.

Rayex: What race is Rexy? I'm assuming human, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

She'll be human. Will post her statblock tomorrow.

Drerek

First Post
Sorry never got back to you. I couldn't find the darn thread for two days as I'd forgotton to subscribe to it. Does Complete series include Complete Mage? Particularly interested in fey bloodline feats.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Drerek said:
Sorry never got back to you. I couldn't find the darn thread for two days as I'd forgotton to subscribe to it. Does Complete series include Complete Mage? Particularly interested in fey bloodline feats.

Ahh, unfortunately I do not have that one, so I'm going to have to rule it out. Sorry.

Drerek

First Post
Code:
[B]Name:[/B] Ash
[B]Class:[/B] Warlock
[B]Race:[/B] Human
[B]Size:[/B] Medium
[B]Gender:[/B] Male
[B]Alignment:[/B] Chaotic Good
[B]Deity:[/B] Boccob

[B]Str:[/B]  8 -1 ( 0p.)     [B]Level:[/B] 1        [B]XP:[/B] 0
[B]Dex:[/B] 14 +2 ( 6p.)     [B]BAB:[/B] +0         [B]HP:[/B] XXX (XdX+XX)
[B]Con:[/B] 14 +2 ( 6p.)     [B]Grapple:[/B] -1     [B]Dmg Red:[/B] 0
[B]Int:[/B] 12 +1 ( 4p.)     [B]Speed:[/B] 30'      [B]Spell Res:[/B] 0
[B]Wis:[/B] 10 +0 ( 2p.)     [B]Init:[/B] +2        [B]Spell Save:[/B] NA
[B]Cha:[/B] 16 +3 (10p.)     [B]ACP:[/B] -0         [B]Spell Fail:[/B] 0%

[B]Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Armor:[/B]              10    +2    +0    +2    +0    +0    +0    14
[B]Touch:[/B] 12              [B]Flatfooted:[/B] 12

[B]Base   Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]                      0    +2          +2
[B]Ref:[/B]                       0    +2          +2
[B]Will:[/B]                      2    +0          +2

[B]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/B]
Dagger                    -1      1d4-1     19-20/x2

[B]Languages:[/B] Common, Sylvan

[B]Abilities:[/B] 
Eldritch Blast, 1d6, 60' range touch
Invocations: Least 1--Devil's Sight (see normal in darkness and magical darkness)

[B]Feats:[/B] 
Point Blank Shot (human bonus)
Precise Shot

[B]Skill Points:[/B] 4/level       [B]Max Ranks:[/B] 4/2
[B]Skills                   Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
Concentration              4    +2          +6
Knowledge (arcana)         4    +1          +5
Knowledge (the planes)     4    +1          +5
Use Magic Device           4    +3          +7

[B]Equipment:               Cost  Weight[/B]
Leather Armor            10gp   15lb
Dagger                    2gp    1lb
Explorer's Outfit         0gp    8lb

[B]Total Weight:[/B]24lb      [B]Money:[/B] 12gp 0sp 0cp

[B]Lgt   Med   Hvy  Lift  Push[/B]
[B]Max Weight:[/B]               26   53   80   160   400

[B]Age:[/B] 25
[B]Height:[/B] 5'8"
[B]Weight:[/B] 145lb
[B]Eyes:[/B] Green
[B]Hair:[/B] Black
[B]Skin:[/B] Pale
Appearance: Ash is a pale skinned man with dark hair and green eyes. He has has a slight build and he keeps his head down when walking the streets. He wears simple garb and doesn't appear dangerous, merely armored in leather armor and wielding a dagger. However, when Ash is confronted, his green eyes and hands seem to glow. That's when his opponents know that there is more to Ash than meets the eye.

Background: Ash is different. He has always been different. His mother loved him, he knows that. But that love is all that he can remember of the woman, her life having been torn from her by the Ripper so many years ago.

Ash got his name from his pale skin. His mother feared he was sickly, but he rarely took ill, even in the dank and dirty air of the back alleys that he ran. He was raised by his grandmother once the Ripper killed his mother. He never knew his mother's name, his grandmother refused to speak it.

When Ash was a teenager, it became apparent that he was different, that he had power. The priests sometimes said he was cursed, but he didn't think so. He tried to show them that he was a good person. He helped the poor and bullied when he could.

Now the Ripper is back. Ash will not stop until either himself or the Ripper lie in a pool of blood.

Rayex

First Post
here's Rexy, the female front-man.

[sblock]
Rexy

Female human Swashbuckler 1

Alignment: neutral
Size: Medium
Type: Humanoid
Speed: 35ft

Str: 10 (+0) [2points]
Dex: 16 (+3) [10points]
Con: 14 (+2) [6points]
Int: 14 (+2) [6points]
Wis: 10 (+0) [2points]
Cha: 10 (+0) [2points]

HP: 12 (1d10 + 2con)

AC: 17 (10 + 3dex + 4armor)

Saves:
Fortitude: +4 (2base + 2con)
Reflex: +3 (0base + 3dex)
Will: +0 (0base)

Init: +5 (3dex + 2imp.init.)

Base attack bonus: +1

Attacks:
Rapier: +4 (1base + 3dex), 1d6 damage, Threat 18-20/x2
Javelin: +4 (1base + 3dex), 1d6 damage, Threat 20/x2, Range 30 ft.

Skills:
Skill points: 28
Max Rank: 4
Balance: (4ranks + 3dex)
Bluff: (4ranks)
Climb: (4ranks)
Escape Artist: (4ranks + 3dex)
Jump: (4ranks)
Tumble: (4ranks + 3dex)
Use Rope: (4ranks + 3dex)

Feats:
Lvl 1 - Improved Initiative
Human bonus - Dash
Class bonus - Weapon Finesse

Languages:
Common

Equipment:
Rapier 20gp
Javelin x3 3gp
Chain shirt 100gp
backpack 2gp
caltrops 1gp
flint and steel 1gp
trail rations x6 3gp
silk rope 10gp
signal whistle 8sp
waterskin 1gp
whetstone 2cp

98gp 1sp 8cp

Info:
The Wailer was in port for the time being. Bailie Muran, the captain of the trader, was waiting for a shipment of silk that was late in arriving. Rexy took the oportunity to visit her sister and husband in town.

It was after dark and Monis, Rexy's sister, and herself was waiting for Monis' husband to get home. The steak was on the table, slowly congealing in its own fat, and the peas and carrots were already cold. Monis was pacing up and down the room nervously. "He never runs late. At least, not without sending someone to tell him..." The coffeehouse where Monis' husband worked at was at the other end of the town. He was a chief-waiter there, and had a host of underlings, all of whom would jump at his command. Surely one of them would have been there with a message if he was running late.

Early the next morning one of the seniour under-waiters was knocking on the door. Monis, who had barely slept all night, opened the door bleary-eyed. Rexy stayed in the kitchen, but came running at the grief-filled wail coming from the entryhall. She found her sister on the floor, clutching the doorframe and crying hard. The waiter stood in the doorway, rubbing his hand over his head. "Master Clowe was found dead this morning, miss. In the alley. The backalley of the coffeehouse. He... Ah, he was dead, I fear. It was horrible, miss. He was... Ah, forgive me." With a appologetic glance at the crying Monis, he bowed and said his goodbyes.

Monis was in bed, sleeping soundly. Rexy had put some herbs that would make her sleep, in her sisters tea. With her jaw set, she headed for the harbor. Explaining to the captain in short words what had happened, she finnished while buckling on her swordbelt. "I'm going to find who did this. If the cargo comes while I'm gone, I'll find a way to catch up to you." The captain grumbled, but understood.

Without further ado, she set out to find the killer.

-----------

At a young age, Rexy knew she was different from her sister, Monis. Where Monis played with dolls, Rexy played with soldiers and wooden swords. She was going to grow up to be a Hero!

Alas, things seldom turn out as one dreams about. Rexy ended up in the employment of a trader, shipping valueable goods up and down the river. Herself and four others were hired as fighting men (and women) to defend the boat from bandits, ruffians and other dangers that one might encounter in the rivertrading world.

While most other prefered the brute force of a broadsword or two-handed axe, Rexy always preferred lighter blades, and trusted in her speed and dexterity to fight around the cumbersome, big brutes.
[/sblock]

Schmoe

Adventurer
I checked for starting gold for a Wu-jen last night, but I couldn't find it anywhere in Complete Arcane. Instead, I opted to use the starting gold for a Wizard (120g). I've edited Xao's equipment list to reflect his starting money.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Selected Characters
Autumn: Fen Cassell, male human scout
Rayex: Rexy, female swashbuckler
PhoenixAsh: Dacen Athrin, male human cleric of St. Cuthbert
Schmoe: Xao, male human wu-jen

Please place your characters in the Rogue's Gallery, in an sblock to keep things neat, please.

In character thread is here.

To those who weren't selected, my apologies. I wish I had room for everyone.

ethandrew

First Post
Ahh, sorry that I did not get a submission in. I was out of town until today. For the record, I was going to go with the Bard. Good luck everyone!

industrygothica

Adventurer
Schmoe said:
Also, industrygothica, would you mind linking the Rogue's Gallery thread in the first post? That would help me cross-reference Xao's character sheet when I need it.

I've edited my signature, which appears in the first post, to include the paths to all the game threads. Hope that helps.

Remove ads