• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Immortals Handbook - ASCENSION

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buugipopuu

First Post
Not all constructs are without blood, dont forget the flesh golem. Not to mention the fact that blood need not be organic, it could be oil or whatnot. Blood abilities make perfect sense with all the monsters there are that spew horridness from their artificial or natural veins.

In light of this, it would seem a good idea to require the user be able to think of a good blood subsitute that works with their physiology (or lack thereof). Examples could include part of the elemental energy powering the golem spraying from the cracks when it gets cut, or the disruption of the Akalich's manfestation causing some backlash in the fabric of reality.

Rockhoward56

First Post
Excellent idea!
About Goetic Blood : what's about when you love 100 or more hit points? 10th+ level spells?
how create to them?

Pssthpok

First Post
Abrogate should be based on the most applicable power. You wouldn't, say, abrogate AMC if you're immune to magic (like a golem god or something, for argument's sake); just use the most applicable power.

I think Force Field is weak. 50 points is 25 points of power attack with a two-handed weapon, using just the basic version of that feat. All in all, it's not very much. I think this percieved problem might be solved if the field regenerated at a rate equal to your divine bonus. So, same example... someone (intermediate deity, divine bonus +12) taking the ability three times would have a 150 pt. force field that regenerated 36 pts./round.

Goetic Blood... my two cents on the 100+ damage question Howard put forward would be to increase the CR you could summon by +1, or add in additional Summon spells to get to 10 levels; so two SMVs or an SMIX and an SMI, for instance. I'd go with the former, myself, because eventually no number of SMIX will hinder an opponent capable of dealing that much damage in a single blow.

Also, UK, what do you think of an ability that allows all damage from iterative attacks to be summed before DR is applied?
eg. X hits Y five times, each hit dealing 40 points of damage. Y has DR 30/-. Normally, X would only deal 50 points but with this ability, X would take all those 40 pt. hits and add them (for 200) and then Y would apply DR once, taking 170.
Balanced? If so, what level of power? Divine? Cosmic? Trans?

Rockhoward56

First Post
Thanks Pssthpok!
At epic level , dealing 100+ damage in a single blow is not very common but it's not rare too!
Spell, epic spells, monsters etc!

Rockhoward56 said:

Whassup Rocky mate! :D

Rockhoward56 said:
Perfect Attack would be similar to the Unering Weapon ability.
So it's no longer a +25 price market modifuer but rather +200!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it's huge!

As Ltheb already mentioned, Perfect Attack is slightly better.

Also I should point out that technically it should be +36 under the latest build.

Rockhoward56 said:
Wuth you're new system , what will be the CR of Dabbat and tetragrammaton , roughly on thousands?

Well, I suspect that Dabbat will be in around CR 1333, while Tetragrammaton will be CR 5333.

However, I don't have the revised CRs for the Neutronium and high up Orichalcum Golems yet.

So its not fair to compare them to one another.

Pssthpok

First Post
So, how does it go now?

Feat: +1/6th CR
Divine: +1 CR
Cosmic: +6 CR
Transcendant: +36 CR?
Omnific: +216?

Edit: I'll wager that the Neutronium golem weighs in at around CR 750.

Last edited:

Rockhoward56

First Post
ooooo!
i don't knwo why , but the i prefer the X2 ; X10 ECL factor.
Is it possible (house rule ) to be a lvl 35 warrior with the Disciple template?

historian

First Post
Hey U_K! :)

Well, I suspect that Dabbat will be in around CR 1333, while Tetragrammaton will be CR 5333.

However, I don't have the revised CRs for the Neutronium and high up Orichalcum Golems yet.

So its not fair to compare them to one another.

While there is a natural allure in using bigger numbers your latest figures probably make more sense, pending empirical testing.

I mean, how many alternate realities would The Omniverse contain? The x2 and x10 multipliers would become very unwieldy for those beings comprised of 100+ realities.

Also, from a cost standpoint it would appear that choosing Transcendental (x2 CR at 36 points) would always be the way to Max CR vs. Omnific abilities (x10 CR at 200 points) and vice versa. While that could easily be fixed it could also lend itself to real abuse.

Hey Ltheb mate! :)

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
And I threw together a Highlord (Duad) this morning; ECL ~4001. Quite deadly too. It would Great Cleave Neutronium Golem Cavaliers riding Great Wyrm Nexus Dragons with ease. (Assuming it didn't just obliterate them with a Barrage of Perfect [Telluric] [Writhing] Rays :))

Theres just something about the above highlighted line I really enjoyed reading. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads