• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Immortals Handbook - ASCENSION

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockhoward56

First Post
yo Ltheb Silverfrond!
about meta empiric abilities users i suggest the Ultrals and the Cosmic Egg.
They are very very powerful i think.
I think Metal Empiric powers would be insane : Genesis: You could create a universe by thinking it.
Singularity: Your powers surpass the akashic records. You have no restrictions when using you're powers. They can't be suppressed.

Akashic Lord: You could create or suppress any abilities, spells , powers, time , creatures etc..;

Hey guys! :eek:

Just to let you know the update will be about an hour later than previously announced. So about 1am GMT.

...Hey, I'm only the messenger, don't shoot me. :uhoh:

Upper_Krust said:
Hey guys! :eek:

Just to let you know the update will be about an hour later than previously announced. So about 1am GMT.

...Hey, I'm only the messenger, don't shoot me. :uhoh:
Why would we do that? One extra hour probably equates to you fumbling with the formatting because you added alot of text.
Besides, Peripity has no prerequisites. Using ranged attacks on you would be risky at best.

Fieari

Explorer
Well, it seems to be up. Lots of improvements to the Powers section, I see (yay!), and theres some rudimentry Portfolio things (with a lot of blank spaces and examples of enthusiastic copy/paste).

I'm a little concerned about the "Double Portfolio" stuff. I'm assuming it's a copy paste thing and what's written there may only apply to one single portfolio... but still. DOUBLE your divine rank as a bonus to all your stuff? Err... yikes!

I hope that's getting replaced by the cool double portfolio abilities you'd mentioned, like double death means raising stuff fully advanced, and that sort of thing.

Cheiromancer

Adventurer
UK,

You need to edit your portfolios. Lots of cut'n'paste errors involving the death, undead appearances, negative energy mastery, etc.; at least in the first few portfolios. Very jarring to see this in the Arts portfolio. :(

WarDragon

First Post
Question about the Strength portfolio; is the granted power, of getting Divine Rankx2 as a bonus to Strength, constant?

Why's the CL for domain spells not equal to the immortal's HD? And does this mean that no god has more than two domains? o_O

EDIT: Just noticed something else. Hell no! to the Total Recall ability. It makes the Sorcerer class pointless at the divine level, something WotC has already tried to do at the normal level of play. Don't repeat their mistakes.

Last edited:

WarDragon said:
Question about the Strength portfolio; is the granted power, of getting Divine Rankx2 as a bonus to Strength, constant?

Why's the CL for domain spells not equal to the immortal's HD? And does this mean that no god has more than two domains? o_O
The last question is the easiest: Usually. :) Generally most gods should have 2 portfolios. There is an Extra Portfolio power if I recall. (So the basic D&D deities may just take that so they can have their full suit of domains)

And besides, U_K's system makes gods a'plenty. :) Say you are a Dwarven Cleric and want the Strength and Earth domains. If the main Dwarven God (lets say greater deity) doesn't grant the Earth Domain, perhaps one of his subordinates (perhaps a lesser/demi-deity) does, and praying to the main dwaven god, that god gets his underling to grant it to you while you still reap the benifits of the main deities' Strength Domain.
This also may be a reason deities keep lesser divine underlings around: Those underling's goals are similar to theirs, as generally are their faiths. Thus, the greater deities reaps the benfits of having a slightly larger body of worshippers, while the underling actually gets worshippers.

I don't know / It isn't clear if the Divine bonus is allready added in, but the caster levels for the double portfolios seemed to be equal to the Caster level of the deity of one tier up. (Ex: So a demi deity has the CL for its portfolio powers that a lesser deity has for it's general ones)

Hi Fieari mate! :)

Fieari said:
Well, it seems to be up. Lots of improvements to the Powers section, I see (yay!), and theres some rudimentry Portfolio things (with a lot of blank spaces and examples of enthusiastic copy/paste).

Yes, sorry about that. :eek:

Fieari said:
I'm a little concerned about the "Double Portfolio" stuff. I'm assuming it's a copy paste thing and what's written there may only apply to one single portfolio... but still. DOUBLE your divine rank as a bonus to all your stuff? Err... yikes!

Technically (and something I'll need to stress with examples) you only get that additional bonus when it applies to your portfolio. So if you have the double-fire portfolio and you are attacked by something with the Fire [Subtype] then you'll get double your divine rank as a Portfolio bonus to your AC, or to your attack bonus. Likewise if you use a fire spell you get double your Divine Rank as a Portfolio bonus to the spell DC, spell penetration etc.

So its powerful but its very limited, and people who are planning to fight you will know to stock up on fire protective items and spells.

Which is of course where Portfolio Mastery comes in. With a single portfolio half the effect is divine. If the target is otherwise immune to death (for example with Death ward) and you cast finger of death on them, they still must save, although they get a +10 bonus. If its a double portfolio they gain only a +5 bonus.

Fieari said:
I hope that's getting replaced by the cool double portfolio abilities you'd mentioned, like double death means raising stuff fully advanced, and that sort of thing.

As I have mentioned in the past I really want to get Chapter 4 finished before I do the Portfolios, so that I can better add the unique stuff.

But at the same time you need to have a sound mechanical base for each.

The current Granted Powers are just placeholder. What I have at the moment is a series of powers indirectly based on spell schools. You get an additional one each divine status. The trick is just to get these balanced.

I'm also not sure about whether to add a new epic spell to each portfolio in Ascension or just keep them for Grimoire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads