• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Immortals Handbook - ASCENSION

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarDragon

First Post
Upper_Krust said:
Hiya mate! :)

I currently have the following, whether I will change things I don't know?

1. Perfect Weapon Focus: BAB increases at core rule rate (e.g. 30th-level Fighter would have BAB +30)
2. Uncanny Weapon Focus: Always use your highest BAB for iterative attacks
3. Unearthly Weapon Focus: Only require touch attacks to hit (replaces Legendary Warrior)
4. Ultimate Weapon Focus: Always hit...period

1. Perfect Weapon Specialization: Deal Maximum Damage
2. Uncanny Weapon Specialization: Always apply virtual size categories to manufactured weapons
3. Unearthly Weapon Specialization: Base damage equals critical hit damage...then apply critical hits.
4. Ultimate Weapon Specialization: Gain one attack/5 BAB

I am sort of wondering if I should replace Ultimate Weapon Spec with something else (though I can't think what). As it seems more to do with the number of attacks than actual damage.
Not sure about the Ultimate Specialization. However, I do have a problem with Uncanny Specialization; it forces anyone who wants to apply the two higher abilities to a natural weapon to completely waste a Cosmic ability.

You could have an ability chain (changing your number of attacks) with the following:

1. Perfect (Quickness)
2. Uncanny (Mercurial)
3. Unearthly (Counterstrike)
4. Ultimate (Transattack Period)
Nah, they're fine as they are. It's already a chain, just without the nomenclature.

One other problem is that I recalculated Orichalcum Body and Neutronium Body.

Orichalcum Body was moved up to Transcendental (and Neutronium to Omnific).

Orichalcum Body allows you to multiply your base damage by x192! Neutronium Body multiplies your base damage by x32,768...so at that point you are getting into crazy territory, although its still technically eclipsed by Infinite Strength.
As Transcendental and Omnific abilities... is that really out of line?

rjtrotter

First Post
Hey UK!

I'm new setting but LOVE the EPIC BESTIARY - Volume One! I just bought the pdf yesterday and have plans to use it right away for my game!

I have gone thru the immortals web site and I have tried to pre-order the Immortals Handbook - ASCENSION pdf but I can't find were I can pre-order. I have followed the link but it doesn't list anything on the page that comes up. Any help would be welcomed!

Rob.

rjtrotter said:

Hi there rjtrotter! :)

...and welcome to the boards.

rjtrotter said:
I'm new setting but LOVE the EPIC BESTIARY - Volume One! I just bought the pdf yesterday and have plans to use it right away for my game!

Cool! Thanks for buying it, I hope you enjoy it.

Just be careful with the Neutronium Golem. ;)

rjtrotter said:
I have gone thru the immortals web site and I have tried to pre-order the Immortals Handbook - ASCENSION pdf but I can't find were I can pre-order. I have followed the link but it doesn't list anything on the page that comes up. Any help would be welcomed!

Okay, this may be a problem with the recent online rpgstore merger. I can't even find Ascension online in the new shop (although seemingly I still have the option to update it via the old Gamestore).

So until I find out more on the matter, you'll just have to bide your time. Although, just to clarify, Ascension is technically not finished yet, even though it is/was available (albeit at a reduced 'pre-order' price). So you may want to just wait a few weeks until thats completed.

The changeover is somewhat confusing, and I am not totally sure I am happy with the changes, given that I actually had to pay start-up fees with ENWorld and RPGNow, which I didn't mind at the time because although ENWorld had the bigger start up fee, it took the smallest percentage from you. Whereas RPGNow had a smaller start up fee but took a bigger percentage. Now I have paid two start up fees and they now take the bigger percentage anyway. But I guess beggars can't be choosers.

As soon as I find out the situation I will update my website with the news.

rjtrotter

First Post
Upper_Krust said:
Hi there rjtrotter! :)

...and welcome to the boards.

Cool! Thanks for buying it, I hope you enjoy it.

Just be careful with the Neutronium Golem. ;)

Okay, this may be a problem with the recent online rpgstore merger. I can't even find Ascension online in the new shop (although seemingly I still have the option to update it via the old Gamestore).

So until I find out more on the matter, you'll just have to bide your time. Although, just to clarify, Ascension is technically not finished yet, even though it is/was available (albeit at a reduced 'pre-order' price). So you may want to just wait a few weeks until thats completed.

The changeover is somewhat confusing, and I am not totally sure I am happy with the changes, given that I actually had to pay start-up fees with ENWorld and RPGNow, which I didn't mind at the time because although ENWorld had the bigger start up fee, it took the smallest percentage from you. Whereas RPGNow had a smaller start up fee but took a bigger percentage. Now I have paid two start up fees and they now take the bigger percentage anyway. But I guess beggars can't be choosers.

As soon as I find out the situation I will update my website with the news.

Thanks for the info! I'll stop by you site then every few days to check out the status. :heh:

Sledge

First Post
hopefully the new company gets the message from the petition, that increasing the rates is NOT a good idea.

Dragonmoon

Explorer
Hi Upper Krust!

Your work is great but it advances a lot slowly. :(

In a rare moment of peace I can ask you some questions about divine powers:

- A beam effect can be used more times in a full attack action?

- Adjuration has like duration an equal number of round to hit dices + divine bonus of the immortal?

- How many divine abilities you can steal with a single use of cozen?

- What are the Inevitable Traits?

- Positive energy effect deals 1d4 points of positive energy damagy to all not undead and not sun sensitive creatures?

- The other self created with Vicissitude can be an outsider? How many base hit dices he can have? He maintains all the divine abilities of the original form? If he dies?

- How function the Great Breath cosmic ability?

- Sanctity can be used by evil characters "to control" any type of creature?

- Orichalcum body is too strong for a cosmic ability but a lesser golem like diamond?

- With regards to Thralldom, the zombie you obtain loses its constitution. The ability based on it utilize charisma instead?. If the zombi dies you can reanimate it?

- The avatar of a time lord has the powers of a second stage demiurge?

Good luck to you!

You are the best! :cool:

dante58701

Banned
Banned
Idea for micro-scale sized deities.

Ability Score Modifier
1 -5
.9 -6
.8 -6
.7 -7
.6 -7
.5 -8
.4 -8
.3 -9
.2 -9
.1 -10
.09 -10
.08 -11
Ect.

This is quite feasible. Size modifiers could be likewise adjusted on a basis of similar standing.

Last edited:

Fieari

Explorer
Why not just use negative scores? The math works out...

Alternatively, you could use negative exponents.

1 = -5
0 = Can't Act = N/A (There are already rules for things that happen at 0)
-1 = -6 = 2^-1 = 1/2
-2 = -6 = 2^-2 = 1/4
-3 = -7 = 2^-3 = 1/8
-4 = -7 = 2^-4 = 1/16
etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads