• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Immortals Handbook - ASCENSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! :)

I have implemented all of Fieari's errata and I am about halfway through WarDragon's errata. (thanks both).

After thats done I'll create a new pdf and ship that to Alzrius for a second (or would that be third) opinion.

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
U_K!
Awesome stuff.
Question: Do you plan to spell out the effects of the Oblivion power? It seems a bit open to interpretation.

There are a few powers which ended up a bit more vague than I had expected. I'll sort something out. But there is a reason why you've never seen Transcendental and Omnific level powers before in other RPG books, and thats because reality starts to break down at a certain point and the universe seems to collapse inward upon you (or rather me - as the designer). :p

I'm totally unconvinced by any of the Transcendental or Omnific powers to be honest - I just put all that stuff in there just to see if I could do it. So it was a good exercise in flexing my imagination.

As for the validity of using them in game, thats another story.

I think used individually, some of the Transcendental powers are feasible. But once you start reaching Eternal type opposition then anything can happen. :eek:

Hi Anabstercorian mate! :D

Anabstercorian said:
It is the most beautiful of all placeholders. :D

Funnily enough, I was actually going to put under Tenth Sense.

Benefit: Your guess is as good as mine.

...but I was just thinking 'Nah! They'd never go for it.' : :p

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Upper_Krust said:
I have implemented all of Fieari's errata and I am about halfway through WarDragon's errata. (thanks both).

After thats done I'll create a new pdf and ship that to Alzrius for a second (or would that be third) opinion.

I was wondering when I'd get a crack at it. I haven't received a version of Ascension since the second or third beta copy, so it's been a while since I last saw it. Does this mean that it's close to being released in final form (that is, with the appendix)?

Fieari

Explorer
Divine Abilities:

Achilles Heel (#2): Too much dice rolling slows down combat, and if everytime someone attacks they have to roll a d20 again for that weak spot, it'll be too slow. Instead, say that anyone rolling a natural 20 attacking you automatically confirms the critical and deals maximum damage.
Adamantine Body (#3): "as if two size categories bigger" should be "as if two size categories larger"
Apport (#9): Should be an Su ability, given the special text.
Bane Effect (#12): Description (flavor) line incomplete.
Blood Boil (#14): Why 100 ft? Why not within your divine aura? Isn't that what the aura is for, determining the range of these sorts of abilities?
Blood Brothers (#15): How close must the brothers be together for this to work?
Carapace (#17): It's already implied, but could you specify outright that this alters the AC bonus from being immortal, so that effects that increase AC (such as from size changes) can increase your AC above this level? As written, it suggests that the number is fixed where it is, and while it can't be less, it can't be greater either.
Cozen (#20): Any rules for how the victim might be able to get their abilities back? Maybe set a time limit? Or at least specify that the stolen ability can be voluntarily returned (meaning they can be ransomed... I smell plot hook!)
Create Spawn and Greater Spawn (#21-#22): You should specify that the HD of the undead also cannot exceed the HD of the thing killed? Or some ratio thereof (no more than double the HD, for example).
Cunning Body (#23): "You can add you" should be "You can add your"
Dimensional Ancestry (#27): Fate isn't specified, nor is a prerequisite given for it.
Disease [Effect] (#28): No problem with the ability, but I just wanted to point out that this is another exemplification of why Nosodic needs to be a much more powerful ability than a mere mortal epic feat.
Heavenly Body (#62): "opponents" should be "opponent's"
Improved Damage Reduction (#72): "Immortal's" should be "Immortals". Furthermore, the description is an old copy/paste error.
Iron Body (#78): It seems odd to me that this has wisdom as a prereq. Wouldn't constitution make more sense?
Positive Energy [Effect] (#117): It seems odd that this can damage living creatures at all, instead of healing them. Maybe you could borrow a page from the Positive Energy Plain and have this ability give living creatures temporary HP, and cause them to explode when the temporary HP exceeds their normal HP.
Seeking Shot (#137): No real problem as written, but perhaps you could specify that a target with "Deflect Arrows" cancels out this ability, and the attack roll is made as normal? Just a thought.
Super Charge (#154): "Super Charge" sounds stupid, and is too similar to "Superior" anyway. Can't you come up with a better name? "Fantastic Charge" maybe? "Awesome Charge"?
Telluric Effect (#171): "the effect is only double each round, rather than each time it is delivered." should be "the effect is only doubled each round"
Theopea (#172): "...statues within your place of worship, animate..." - remove the comma. "for each Divine Rank." should be "for each Divine Rank you possess." for clarity. And you might want to limit the HD of the golems to some fraction of the deity's HD, like other similar abilities. Otherwise all my temples will be outfitted with statues of me in very exotic materials.
Uncanny Cleave (#181): Ability not detailed in any way, shape, or form..

As a side note, I was just considering the various Damage Reduction abilities you have. For creatures possessing a natural DR/--, would it be reasonable to allow the various DR abilities to increase DR at the cost of adding weaknesses to the DR? I mean, after all, it's more INTERESTING to have foes that are weak to specific things...

U_K!
Fixing typos, eh? Well fire up "Find and Replace" because it looks like you used "sand" alot. ("Blah blah time[SPACE]sand its effects blah blah") (A space between the e in times and the S, but none after)

Rockhoward56

First Post
yo

hello uk!
nice work!
one question! would you complete some of the missing metamartial options?
You're new idea about the portfolio is great , i like the fire example!

historian

First Post
Tenth Sense is a good one but probably reserved for the DM (Supreme Being) only. :p

U_K, have you had a chance to check out Marvel Ultimate Alliance yet? It's a great video game with a story that I think you would love.

Hey guys! :)

Okay I have pretty much finished WarDragon's errata and Ltheb's mention of sand (darn copy/paste). I am now starting on Fieari's second batch...Once I finish I'll have some comments on a some of the errata you mentioned, there are some things I didn't change (such as Bane Effect, WarDragon) and I'll give my reasons for those when I get the errata done.

I have also updated the Tables for choosing stuff by Classes and I have also added quite a few more examples and fixed things that no one has so far mentioned.

So unless you guys find anymore before the morning I should have that version winging its way to you sometime tomorrow evening Alzrius (I have to go out tomorrow afternoon).

I'll be sure and look over the Metamartial stuff too Rockhoward mate! ;)

Hi historian dude! :)

historian said:
Tenth Sense is a good one but probably reserved for the DM (Supreme Being) only. :p

U_K, have you had a chance to check out Marvel Ultimate Alliance yet? It's a great video game with a story that I think you would love.

No, I keep hearing great things about this, but its not within my power to buy 'things' at the moment. Maybe after the print version comes out. I did mention it to a friend of mine, who buys a lot of games, although I suspect hes going to be preoccupied with a certain game called Guitar Hero 2 in a few days time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads