• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Immortals Handbook Epic Bestiary (now available)

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
I'm curious about your wording and your world dynamics. I don't know what kind of campaign you run, but I have to imagine this would bring the world to a halt. If the greatest infernals are dwarfed in power by what a commoner can become with a touch, surely the world will be destroyed in short order. What are the most powerful entities on your world (or Material Plane)?

An evil artifact that turns people into abominations? Definitly, under no circumstances are you to play "Hot Potato" in the local tavern.
To get rid of the thing? If I were the party mage, and epic, I would craft an epic spell that would shunt the artifact out of 3 dimentional space into 2 dimentional space. Maybe using the seeds for Transport, to move it, and Afflict to penalize it one spacial Dimention? That should make it Impossible for most people to touch it. Now throw a Dimentional Anchor on it and a Permenency, and it *should* be safe for quite some time, at least until the archvillain comes and takes it.
Or you could throw it in a lead box, and put that box in another, magical-trap filled lead box, and bury them. Lead blocks most Divinations.
Otherwise, I dunno. Best bet barring the above options: find it's method of destruction.

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Ltheb Silverfrond said:
Or you could throw it in a lead box, and put that box in another, magical-trap filled lead box, and bury them. Lead blocks most Divinations.

'Then, said Glorfindel, 'let us cast it into the deeps, and so make the lies of Saruman come true. For it is clear now that even at the Council his feet were already on a crooked path. He knew that the Ring was not lost for ever, but wished us to think so; for he began to lust for it for himself. Yet oft in lies truth is hidden: in the Sea it would be safe.'

Hey guys! :)

Does anyone know about FTP uploading? I have never done this before and its the publishers preference for having me send them the files for the print version.

Its not a big deal, since I can email them as an alternative, however, it may be tricky when it comes to larger files such as the cover.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Upper_Krust said:
Hey guys! :)

Does anyone know about FTP uploading? I have never done this before and its the publishers preference for having me send them the files for the print version.

Its not a big deal, since I can email them as an alternative, however, it may be tricky when it comes to larger files such as the cover.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

There's not much to it. There are a lot of applications out there that can do FTP uploading -- either web browsers (Internet Explorer or Firefox's FireFTP, to name but two) or FTP-only applications, like Core FTP. Most of these are just click-and-drag: paste in the address, type in a login name and password, drag the file into the application's window, and release.

I can help you with specific issues, if you'd like.

dante58701

Banned
Banned
The most powerful creatures in my campaigns are gods. Albeit they run anywhere from divine rank 0 to divine rank 100, but they do walk the face of the earth in my campaigns. As they once did in ancient times in other campaign worlds. They talk about that a lot in other campaigns...how the gods walked the earth and taught man this and taught man that. Blah blah blah. But in my campaigns it isnt just talk...its actually occuring. The gods each rule a section of the earth. Mortals battle for their amusement or for honor. Abominations trample nations. Resurrections are common. Angels and fiends fight in the heavens and on earth for dominance. Elemental forces wreak havok when their anger is aroused. Essentially, its a very powerful world. Any why do these cosmic forces fight over this planet and its creations. Simple..each cosmic being has it's own reasons. For the most part cosmic beings cancel each other out, but mortals are the ones who can tip the scales...since being considered insignificant, they are often times overlooked. Most battle between cosmic entities occur in vast deserts and wastelands. The planet itself is large enough to be a galaxy and is in itself a cosmic entity. As for the item, there is but one item that creates abominations. It is secretly a cosmic entity that loves to meddle. Epic scale wars rock the world in some places...while in other places there is peace for eons. It really depends. I call the world...Ovaterra. From the latin words for egg and earth. For a new world shall one day be born from the old. And that world will become earth.

Pssthpok

First Post
laughing4.gif

dante58701

Banned
Banned
It's actually been ongoing for years. And with the ultimate rule of "DM is GOD!!!" it actually remains balanced. I just dont let things get out of hand. No matter how tough pcs get, there is always someone more powerful. I just dont introduce all the nasty beasties right off the bat. It's not like a first level cleric is going to interact with a balor or worse. And even if they did, it wouldnt last very long. Either the cleric gets killed...for being too nosy...or an angel rescues the poor cleric. But traditionally, low level characters rarely interact with higher level characters. It just doesnt happen. I think you just seriously lack any real imagination when it comes to the plausibility of such a world. It would all depend upon the DM and the players. For some people such a scenario would be over the top. For others, it might just work. To each their own, for there is a fantasy in the mind of every gamer...and this one just so happens to be mine. The world is quite vast...the size of a galaxy. Which would propably make it a macrobe planet or something similar. This would make it easier for such things to occur on a realistic basis. Not that anyone is going for realistic. Afterall...humans...realistically...do not shoot fireballs out of their asses. I think some of you ...not all of you..just some....seriously limit yourselves when it comes to epic material. Ive always believed that there should only be limits if the DM and the players are incapable of handling epic scenarios with a level of decency and maturity. Ive actually had players play gods before, without any campaign disruption. And I was able to provide challenges for them. And the reason I could provide challenges for them was simple. None of them were rules nazis or power gamers. The DM always had the final say in everything. The only time such campaigns are unbalanced...would be if the pcs and the monsters the pcs interacted with were not on par with one another or at least close. For example...a world populated by ophanim angels would be balanced if the villians were equal or close in power. Or if there were fewer villians and the villians were only slightly more powerful. If the DM loses control of his campaign it is only because the players have no respect for the DM. this either means a bad DM...or the DM is playing with a bunch of pricks. In every campaign Ive had..the players were either respectful....or if I gamed with a different group than normal...it varied from respectful to disrespectful. Disrespectful players have no business playing. I would imagine since you have no real respect for varying epic campaign ideas...you must be the disrespectful sort. And as such..you would never be allowed in any of my campaigns. My advice for the future...dont knock ideas that could conceivably work. Just because they wont work for you...doesnt mean they dont work. And dont bother trying to pick apart this statement because to do so would simply prove your immaturity. So just save the rude commentary for people who deserve it and try to be more respectful of the ideas of others.
I dont knock your ideas...so dont knock mine. It makes you look very childish.

Hey CRGreathouse mate! :)

CRGreathouse said:
There's not much to it. There are a lot of applications out there that can do FTP uploading -- either web browsers (Internet Explorer or Firefox's FireFTP, to name but two) or FTP-only applications, like Core FTP. Most of these are just click-and-drag: paste in the address, type in a login name and password, drag the file into the application's window, and release.

I can help you with specific issues, if you'd like.

Well I have Internet Explorer. So how do I get from that to the part where I can click-and-drag; paste address; type in login name and password etc. I can't seem to find anything to do with ftp via IM.

I also just noticed there is an FTP Manager in the Control Panel of my website.

FTP Accounts
With the FTP account utility you can control FTP accounts for your users or if your account has sub-domain support you can add FTP accounts for your sub-domain(s).

Setup Anonymous FTP Access
Here you can change how anonymous FTP users should be treated and change the anonymous upload policy as well.

Anonymous FTP Message
You can edit the anonymous FTP welcome message that users will see when they login to your FTP site.

FTP Session Control
This utility allows you to disconnect users or time out FTP sessions.

But it all looks double-dutch to me.

Remove ads