Immortals Handbook Epic Bestiary (now available)

thefnitalian

First Post
UK,
Would you be able to provide us with some more teasers for ascension. Such as some of the stats of some of the elder,first, high ones or maybe like a sample cosmic/transendental/omnific ability?

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Upper_Krust said:
Well its something to do in the future when I get the chance. :uhoh:

It could be a web enhancement for when the IH is completely finished and released. :p

There can be lots of High Lords...and no, hes not a Lipika.

Hm, I had assumed, apparently wrongly, that there could only be one High Lord. Given that the High Lord is the one who controls the Akashic Library, which is the whole of the omniverse, and how previous Supreme Beings retired and became Lipika, it seemed natural to deduce that there was only one High Lord. It'll be interesting to see the results of there being more than one at the same time (particularly if they're enemies).

historian

First Post
I would gladly pay for a web enhancement of Aeons after everything else comes out but, practically, I'm guessing it would be a bear to write-up.

Given that the High Lord is the one who controls the Akashic Library, which is the whole of the omniverse, and how previous Supreme Beings retired and became Lipika, it seemed natural to deduce that there was only one High Lord.

I'm not speaking from a position of actual knowledge but I had envisioned High Lords actually acting as GOD proxies (judges basically) in the Metaverse/Multiverse and occasionally in the lower dimensions.

I hadn't even concluded that they had access to the highest dimension/Akashic Library (that being the realm of the Supreme Being and Lipika).

Well the Lipika are unbelievably old and every few eternities one of them goes mad.

Lipika look like incredibly ancient members of whatever race is looking at them. So a human would see an impossibly old wizened human with really long hair/beard. Human looking Lipika have prehensile hair and can wield many objects/weapons in their hair.

Due to their intimate knowledge of the Akashic Records the main power of the Lipika is to erase beings from reality, they 'scribble you out' as it were.

Their amnesia/insanity means they are not as powerful as when they were Supreme Beings, simply because they have forgotten most of their abilities. They'll be in and around Time lord type CR, perhaps a bit tougher.

That is wildly cool. :D

BTW U_K I had the chance to seriously play around with the Bestiary over the last few days and would concur in your view that the Nexus Dragon's CR might be underestimated. The Transdimensional and Extradimensional abilities make it REALLY powerful. :eek:

At higher age categories it can fight on even footing with a Neutronium Golem if its Extradimensional ability applies.

Additionally I'll plan to adopt your anti-magic suggestions from your "Absolution" website series in full. This seems to come in very handy about the time ones starts monkeying about with Sidereals.

Last edited:

Anabstercorian

First Post
The reason I mention Nobilis is because it's one of the other games that allows characters to act on a cosmic level and gives them intense power; I was curious as to UK's opinion of it.

Rockhoward56

First Post
yop

Thank you very much Uk!
Preview of Surtur would be great ! :D (lobbying , lobbying....)
Lipika would have Cr in quadrillions?lol
Want to do my new Corellon Larethian and my Phoenix with your rules!!
good luck for your work!

Hey there! :)

thefnitalian said:
UK,
Would you be able to provide us with some more teasers for ascension. Such as some of the stats of some of the elder,first, high ones or maybe like a sample cosmic/transendental/omnific ability?

I'll have some more teasers 'soonish'. ;)

Alzrius said:
It could be a web enhancement for when the IH is completely finished and released. :p

Lets just get the thing finished before we start talking about the like of that.

Alzrius said:
Hm, I had assumed, apparently wrongly, that there could only be one High Lord.

No.

Alzrius said:
Given that the High Lord is the one who controls the Akashic Library,

High Lords are NOT the Supreme Being, though one of them could be.

Alzrius said:
which is the whole of the omniverse, and how previous Supreme Beings retired and became Lipika, it seemed natural to deduce that there was only one High Lord.

Multiple High Lords, one (current) Supreme Being at a time, likely multiple retired Supreme Beings, some (but not all) of which go mad and become Lipika.

All Lipika are retired Supreme Beings, but not all retired Supreme Beings are Lipika. ;)

Alzrius said:
It'll be interesting to see the results of there being more than one at the same time (particularly if they're enemies).

:)

Heya matey! :)

historian said:
I would gladly pay for a web enhancement of Aeons after everything else comes out but, practically, I'm guessing it would be a bear to write-up.

I'll get right on it as soon as I finish Ascension, Grimoire, Chroonicle, Vol's 2 & 3 of the Bestiary and the 20 volumes of the Immortals Index.

historian said:
I'm not speaking from a position of actual knowledge but I had envisioned High Lords actually acting as GOD proxies (judges basically) in the Metaverse/Multiverse and occasionally in the lower dimensions.

High Lords are like the Avatars of the Supreme Being.

historian said:
I hadn't even concluded that they had access to the highest dimension/Akashic Library (that being the realm of the Supreme Being and Lipika).

High Lords don't have access to the Great Library, although they can try, I think High Lords have a 1/4600 chance of penetrating the Great Wall and confronting the Supremem Being.

historian said:
That is wildly cool. :D

;)

historian said:
BTW U_K I had the chance to seriously play around with the Bestiary over the last few days and would concur in your view that the Nexus Dragon's CR might be underestimated. The Transdimensional and Extradimensional abilities make it REALLY powerful. :eek:

I agree. The nexus dragon was created prior to any multiplication ideas on CR's.

historian said:
At higher age categories it can fight on even footing with a Neutronium Golem if its Extradimensional ability applies.

Indeed, they are very tough.

I suspect the Wyrmlings could be about x4 CR, while the GW is closer to x16 CR multiplier. Although I have just conjured up those numbers out of thin air.

historian said:
Additionally I'll plan to adopt your anti-magic suggestions from your "Absolution" website series in full. This seems to come in very handy about the time ones starts monkeying about with Sidereals.

Glad you are finding it interesting.

Hey dude! :)

Anabstercorian said:
The reason I mention Nobilis is because it's one of the other games that allows characters to act on a cosmic level and gives them intense power; I was curious as to UK's opinion of it.

A review will be forthcoming when I get the chance.

As will the Primal Order review which is 80% typed up and has been for a few months.

Don't expect either until after Ascesnion is on completed though.

historian

First Post
Hey U_K! :)

I'll get right on it as soon as I finish Ascension, Grimoire, Chroonicle, Vol's 2 & 3 of the Bestiary and the 20 volumes of the Immortals Index.

:p

High Lords are like the Avatars of the Supreme Being.

Sorry to appear confused but I had gathered as much from the Bestiary. :)

High Lords don't have access to the Great Library, although they can try, I think High Lords have a 1/4600 chance of penetrating the Great Wall and confronting the Supremem Being.

I don't know if anyone really realizes at this point how cool Ascension is actually going to be, I really don't.

I agree. The nexus dragon was created prior to any multiplication ideas on CR's.

The multiplication idea seems reasonable from my vantage point. Though, admittedly, there just aren't that many CR 500 to 10,000 things around to test on . . . yet. :)

By the way someone previously (maybe Fieari) mentioned something about the Star Turtle and whether much would have a chance against it (CR 84,431,558). For what it's worth I believe it would have virtually no chance against a GW Nexus Dragon.

I suspect the Wyrmlings could be about x4 CR, while the GW is closer to x16 CR multiplier. Although I have just conjured up those numbers out of thin air.

Makes sense in light of the breath weapon.

Remove ads