• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Immortals Handbook - Godsend

Hey guys! :)

Belzamus said:
I'm in the same boat as you, Kerrick, eagerly awaiting news. Seems like every forum I visit has dried up to nothing this week (likely because of spring break/vacations).

Spring break wasn't the cause of my absence, more like working four days at the start of the week. Even though I only work 3/week sometimes I get 4 and sometimes 2 - just to clarify.

The past 48 hours I have really been working hard on the L1 Adventure: Against the Reptile God. Even though its not the book thats up next there were just a few ideas bugging me I had to get out of my head and down onto the page.

Basically I have had to change it from a Level 31-33 adventure into a Level 31-35 Adventure, simply because I had created far too many 'Bosses'. It was like a boss battle every other encounter - it was totally ridiculous. So it is now more like a mini-campaign covering the full 'Quasi-deity' Level of play.

Instead of releasing it in three, Eight-Encounter Installments, it'll probably be in three Twelve-Encounter Installments or 'Acts'.

The Hierarchy for the Reptile God's servants is very good and I think will be a useful template for anyone wanting to build and populate their own Godly Realm.

Set has a very eclectic bunch of allies, servants and slaves under his command: multiple Lesser Gods (like Anubis); multiple Demigods (like Apshai); multiple Avatars (such as Apophis); multiple Exarchs (like Teshub); expect to see the Hunefer concept taken to a whole new level; slave gods; oathbound immortals and demons; alien races (yes I mean alien); some great new abominations and golems; Set's army is just epic and his Priesthood is even better!

Pssthpok

First Post
I'm in the same boat as you, Kerrick, eagerly awaiting news. Seems like every forum I visit has dried up to nothing this week (likely because of spring break/vacations).

It's been years since Krust has put out a single document.
I think we've been bamboozled, honestly.

What it boils down to is something akin to writer's block and a staggering lack of tangible material. Upper Krust is, for lack of a better phrase, just talk. And not a lot of talk, at that.

Vaporware.

Belzamus

First Post
^There's a loyal customer and fan right there.

Honestly though, I think we should get some community PDFs going of all the custom stuff we've turned out so far, since not everyone who uses the IH reads this forum. Or maybe start some new community-based projects to pick up the 3.5 slack.

Pssthpok

First Post
^There's a loyal customer and fan right there.

Is that a matter of debate? My loyalty to a non-existent product line?

Let it be known that I've never hidden my disdain for Craig's terrible schedule-keeping abilities. Let it also be perfectly clear that I have always thought the man had some brilliant 3E rules.
Still, in the end he couldn't hack it. Too much interest in proprietary material - being able to have his name in big bold letters even if it meant dragging out one project for years on end.

I mean, c'mon... that's laughable. If you can't finish it, just say so. Oh, right, oops... he already sold it to a bunch of people, and it's been nothing but a string of delays and excuses since then. Since 2006.

And you criticize my loyalty?
Well then I criticize your reasoning, since loyalty to a business is earned by that business and, last time I checked, Craid owed us all a finished book (for an edition that's been left behind, mind you).

Again, we were bamboozled by vaporware. We bought a book that wasn't even finished before the edition died. Is that entirely Craig's fault? No. Did he do any of this on purpose? Probably not. Is he still culpable? Absolutely. Does he deserve any confidence or leeway? I don't think so.

Now the funniest thing is that, after months of absence and just not having the heart to come here and see nothing's yet been done, I log in and see the same conversations about why Craig's been unable to finish it this time around, or what other little tangent has all his attention, and you guys just lap it up and spill yourselves over hints of things he's thinking of doing...

I have to laugh.
And yet here you are - the "loyal" customer.
Have fun with your "loyalty", then, and no book.
Because coming here... that's all you've got.

Belzamus

First Post
My comment wasn't 100% serious (I empathize with you to an extent, actually), but...I think you might be overeacting a little. It's not like the IH is all that important in the grand scheme of life. I doubt there's anyone here salivating on his keyboard over the thought of new material. It's just a sideshow to an amusement, after all. I've wasted a lot more money on WotC products than I have on IH ones, and even unfinished I don't consider that $35 to be a poorer investment than any other 3.5 product.

I didn't really mean to start an argument, either way. I think everyone here can understand where you're coming from to some extent.

Hey Pssthpok! :)

Pssthpok said:
It's been years since Krust has put out a single document.

13 months to be exact. :eek:

I think we've been bamboozled, honestly.

What it boils down to is something akin to writer's block and a staggering lack of tangible material. Upper Krust is, for lack of a better phrase, just talk. And not a lot of talk, at that.

Vaporware.

Or it could be hes just really busy and trying to juggle a part time job (10 1/2 hour shifts three times per week with an added 90 minutes travelling thrown in per day and sleeping pattern totally derailed by working nights) with having an actual life and friends in tandem with an incredibly time intensive hobby - which to be fair I was never that fast at anyway even when I had no part time job and barely no 'life'.

The bottom line is that I'm not asking people to do anything here. I'm not going to make the same preorder mistake I made last time. If they want to go away and poke their heads in every few months then thats fine by me, I wouldn't ask anything more of anyone.

If no one posted in these forums anymore I would totally understand and accept it. But if there still is a trickle of posts then I'll still have the courtesy to reply to these people as honestly as I can.

Hey Belzamus! :)

Belzamus said:
My comment wasn't 100% serious (I empathize with you to an extent, actually), but...I think you might be overeacting a little. It's not like the IH is all that important in the grand scheme of life. I doubt there's anyone here salivating on his keyboard over the thought of new material. It's just a sideshow to an amusement, after all. I've wasted a lot more money on WotC products than I have on IH ones, and even unfinished I don't consider that $35 to be a poorer investment than any other 3.5 product.

I didn't really mean to start an argument, either way. I think everyone here can understand where you're coming from to some extent.

No harm done. No one is more frustrated than me, believe you me. So many ideas going to waste that it really annoys me if I dwell on it too long.

As you say, the IH isn't that important in the grand scheme of things. But its important to me. Not more important than being able to pay bills or feed myself or having an actual life and friends...but its the next most important thing after all the really important stuff.

dyspro

First Post
My own two cents

I will admit that I'm new to this forum so I don't have the clout to make an impact (yet). I hope to become more active on these boards.
But speaking as an "aspiring writer" myself with a family, job, friends, etc, I can emphasize with U_K and everyone else on the boards. We all have ideas that have tantalized us one way or another only to be derailed by something else.
My gaming group can tell you that I have plenty of ideas running around. Our campaign has been successful for the past five years but I always think I can do better, do more. I'm a perfectionist and a procrastinator, a toxic combination when writing new material.

We all want new material yesterday. We take what we can now and use it as a base for our own use. All I can say then is I await new material. If there is anything that I can do to help, I offer it here now.

Thank you and now back to your regularly scheduled program.

Howdy dyspro! :)

(Is that you Dave?)

dyspro said:
I will admit that I'm new to this forum so I don't have the clout to make an impact (yet). I hope to become more active on these boards.

Everyone's welcome.

But speaking as an "aspiring writer" myself with a family, job, friends, etc, I can emphasize with U_K and everyone else on the boards. We all have ideas that have tantalized us one way or another only to be derailed by something else. My gaming group can tell you that I have plenty of ideas running around. Our campaign has been successful for the past five years but I always think I can do better, do more. I'm a perfectionist and a procrastinator, a toxic combination when writing new material.

Yes, it can be a problem, but what hurts the most is that I know I could be doing more.

We all want new material yesterday. We take what we can now and use it as a base for our own use. All I can say then is I await new material. If there is anything that I can do to help, I offer it here now.

You don't happen to be a professional fantasy artist by any chance do you? :p

Thank you and now back to your regularly scheduled program.

:)

dyspro

First Post
Actually my name is Jim. I emailed you U_K once or twice about questions I had about Ascension which you answered quickly and were very helpful.

Unfortunately I'm not a professional artist so I can't help you there. I do know a couple of guys who are and might be able to help. But I can't vouch for their availability.

I just didn't like seeing you get crapped on for "disappointing the fan base." Come on, WOTC disappoints all the time with late (sometimes incomplete) products, or repainted miniatures to "fill in space" and they have an entire company to work on things!

Imagine what you (or possibly any of us) could do with your own staff . . .

Remove ads