• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E In a (hypothetical) Tales from the Yawning Portal 2, what are the adventures you would want updated for 5E?

Omand

Hero
With all of this said, while I do believe Red Hand of Doom was an excellent adventure, I think the niche has been taken up by Tyranny of Dragons this edition. At least as far as the Tiamet/Draconic angle.

Plus, Red Hand of Doom was a very long adventure in the context of 3.X. It came in soft-cover format that was larger than many of the 3E splat books at the start of the edition. I think it was around 140 pages total.

Cheers :)

R_J_K75

Legend
Well, to be honest with not a huge amount of work you could change the main horde to be orcish.

I used to have, but sold, a copy of Red Hand of Doom. The main bosses were all around a draconic theme due to Tiamat's influence, but all of the regular encounters could be swapped out. In 3.5 that would have entailed a bunch of work due to the size of stat blocks, but under 5E I think it would be easier to do.

Cheers :)
I dont have a copy so its probably not worth buying one 2nd hand at this point.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Who were the main antagonists an orc, or ogre horde? Or just a group of invading humanoids? Never read through or played/ran it but browsed it. I as well have heard people say good things.

I believe the head-honcho was Azarr Kul, a half-holbgoblin half-dragon.

1616175476091.png

Remove ads