In defiance of Dragons--Homebrew 4E campaign starting up

WarlockLord

First Post
Thanks for picking me. Sorry, I missed a day.

However, if Gladr was hanging around his grandfather's house, I see no reason he couldn't have taught Mirna. He would have figured it would annoy Philian, as part of the feud. Certainly a wizard's house would have an extra orb lying around.

Alternatively, we could keep the prank idea but instead have had them use pranks against each other. What do you guys think?

Graf

Explorer
WL,

I'm getting feeling that Redclaw as other plans. Maybe we'll get to RP some pranking after if we manage to meet under good circumstances. If not there's always...

[sblock=A mornful tune pays outside of Gladr's House]
The clinking of spurs heralds the arrival of someone at Gladr's House.
Gladr glances out of his door.
A lanky girl with overlarge hands stands in the hot noon sun. A wide brimmed cowboy hat is pulled low over her head.

Gladr! This town ain't big enough for two quirky wizard's apprentices. She spits out a wad of chew'n tabacco. Ima call'n you out!

Get yer wand boy! We gonna settle this once an' fer all.

I'm rping in spoiler blocks now... I'm officially "too excited" about this game.
[/sblock]

Redclaw

First Post
WarlockLord said:
Thanks for picking me. Sorry, I missed a day.

However, if Gladr was hanging around his grandfather's house, I see no reason he couldn't have taught Mirna. He would have figured it would annoy Philian, as part of the feud. Certainly a wizard's house would have an extra orb lying around.

Alternatively, we could keep the prank idea but instead have had them use pranks against each other. What do you guys think?
I'm absolutely not trying to limit your options here, I'm just hoping to help coax them into the setting. Here I would caution you to remember that practicing any magic inside town lines without the permission of Norsten is a serious offence, and that Phillian is Norsten's pet wizard. Teaching Mirna would require Gladr admitting to Phillian's ward that he uses magic, and probably teaching by showing her magic, worked within town limits. Having seen his grandfather banished from town for a similar offence, I am curious as to why Gladr would risk the same punishment.

Again, I don't want anyone to feel like I'm railroading your characters in any way, but I do want the characters to fully mesh with the setting, and the two groups to remain distinct.

WarlockLord

First Post
Gladr would probably thrive on the thrill of trying not to get caught.

However, he's too practical to do such an obvious thing. Forget that idea.

Graf

Explorer
Zweischneid said:
Been parsing through the X-treme POL thread, awsome stuff, a bit of a D&D version of hardboiled wonderland and the end of the world.. though the Japan tales might have added to that impression.
Zweischneid,

I appreciated your comment at the time, but I never managed to make time to respond.
I did actually use your quote for a thread on how/if I should continue the ePoL game. Hope that's cool.

Zweischneid

First Post
Graf said:
Zweischneid,

I appreciated your comment at the time, but I never managed to make time to respond.
I did actually use your quote for a thread on how/if I should continue the ePoL game. Hope that's cool.

Yah great. I'll send you my bank details for the token charge. ;)

No seriously, if it helps to bring a game along, awsome!

Anything I post is always free to be used by anyone anyhow...

Remove ads