• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

In Defiance of Dragons: Young Rebels IC

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Jaden & DM]

"Oi, he's more green than I thought. So much for all halflings being skilled in being stealthy." Corbin thinks to himself as he watches the novice efforts of his comrade. Thinking quickly he realizes that a distraction is required so they aren't seen. "Keep low and wait for me, I'll be back" Corbin whispers to the fence.

Corbin begins a series of tumbling somersaults, leaps and even swings to the top of a streetsign, before landing gingerly on his feet. Looking at any other townsfolk observing "Ha! You have seen an advanced look at a show I'm planning on putting on for the town after the collections are done. You know, to lift everyone's spirits, a free show. Keep this under wraps though, cuz if everyone knows about it, they'll all be asking me to show them a sneak peek to. Ok?"

[sblock=Rolls]
Performs Athletic Stunt to distract people & then bluff the crowd (or make a diversion for Jaden to hide... not sure how best to use the skill here)
Athletics; Bluff(1d20+11=19, 1d20+8=18)
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Zweischneid

First Post
[sblock=DM, Akhara, Galdr]Nodding thankfully at his companions concise acknowledgement of support, Bheazir closes the door behind him. For the briefest of moments he hesitates, as if for a final word to his grandfather on the bed. Though that word is never spoken. He sets off towards Evenfall.

"Akhara and Galdr! The stars shine on me for having you with me on this trying hour."
He engages his two unalike companions as they march down the narrow pathway leading from the cottage to town.

"You have, however, not yet told me what brough you up to my home today in the first place." Bheazir inquires.

"Is there something you'd need of me or would ask from me?"[/sblock]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
[sblock=DM, Bheazir, Galdr]

OOC: DM, Akhara is trying a new, clearer color. So, afer he clears his throat, he begins...
IC:

Akhara listens to the half-elf, but glances over to Galdr, uncertain how to begin. "It's been a rough year for Evenfall. The tribute is overly oppressive, and I do not know why."

Akhara pauses -- he doesn't like to admit his own inability, or his lack of self-sufficiency.
"I'm not good always at figuring things out, and I had hoped you, Bheazir, would have some insight into why things have been so much more exacting." He pauses, and bares his teeth again, and turns to the wizard. "And now with you here, friend Galdr, my confidence is increased further." An unmistakeable smile spreads, and he continues,"I am perhaps not even needed. You two may know the reasons for Evenfall's suffering already."
[/sblock]

Zweischneid

First Post
[sblock=DM, Akhara, Galdr]
Bheazir stops in his tracks, somewhat perplexed.
"You think I know why Norsten and his men are tightening their leash?" Ha! If my grandfather's to be believed, I myself am half the reason for the towns whole misery. Not to mention the fool who will cause the doom of Evenfall by stirring the Dragon's wrath!"

With narrow eyes his gaze turns back and forth between the scarred Dragonborn and the Tiefling mystic, trying to interpret Akharas final words.
"Could someone here please explain to me what is going on? Galdr?"

[/sblock]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
[sblock=DM, Bheazir, Galdr]

"I didn't mean to perplex you, Bheazir. I assumed you would know more than I. My perspective is, inevitably, limited, and I lack the liberty to gather information you possess. It is clear that the extraction of tribute this year has been particularly cruel, and there seems from my perspective to be no reason for it. I do not know if your grandfather is to be believed or not, but your perspective is one I have come to trust. Mason in particular is operating with an enthusiasm that I cannot explain. I am not seeking to draw you into a conflict you do not seek. The same is true for you, Galdr. There is no need to make my concerns your own. I sought only your perspective, if you will give it to me."

Akhara is abashed. Nevertheless, he glances down, and then quickly up again, before glancing away almost immediately.

"Er." He begins, but stops. Then he tries again. "I do not know why the dragon has increased his demands, if that is where the problem lies. I do not know much of what transpires outside of the jail and the tannery. But what I see is upsetting the balance that has been achieved in this village. I would be most concerned if that balance were lost through avarice or foolishness. That is why I sought you out, Bheazir. That is why I am pleased that Galdr is hear as well."

[/sblock]

Redclaw

First Post
[sblock=Corbin and Jaden]
Jaden's clumsy attempt at stealth starts to draw unwanted attention, but Corbin thinks quickly and covers for his friend's misstep. The reaction from the crowd is dubious, but it seems to be more likely a result of the prevailing gloom surrounding the tribute than any suspicion of his motives. Soon enough he is able to join Jaden on the other side of the fence.

The yard is well-groomed, but there are some unusual features, including a well-scratched area of grass, and a strange pile of debris that looks similar to a large nest, except that it's on the ground.

Moving any further into the yard without attracting unwanted attention from the street (or the house?) will require stealth checks.[/sblock]

WarlockLord

First Post
[sblock=DM, Bheazir, Akhara]
"I worry. The guards took one of my grandfather's old books, that confounded me. I fear the dragon may soon have more power to wield against us.

Why the tribute has gone up, I cannot say. Perhaps the dragon had yet another spat of greed, perhaps to impress a mate? I am in ignorance on this matter."

While Galdr does not like others to know of his ignorance, sometimes he has no choice.
[/sblock]

Redclaw

First Post
[sblock=Bheazir, Akhara and Galdr]As the three companions make their way through the streets of Evenfall, the darkness of the mood is readily apparent. Nobody is discussing the steepness of the tribute, but everyone is moving as if under a great weight.

Eventually you arrive at the home of the Bloodscale. The house seems quiet, and you realize that the dragonborn guardsman is probably about his duties somewhere else in town. It is a nice home for the village, a bit bigger and better cared for than most. Your knowledge of the dragonborn assures you that he does none of the work, but you are unaware of who or what takes care of it for him. The front door faces the road, and there are three windows. Two smaller ones face the main road through town, and a larger one faces the house next door. [/sblock]

Attachments

• Skravress' house.xls
    13.5 KB · Views: 157

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Jaden & DM]
"Phew! That was close. Why don't you wait here whilst I sneak up to make sure that Skravress ain't hanging around?" Corbin whispers to his fellow halfling.

Assuming Jaden's ok with is, Corbin attempts to crawl up to the house, counting on his experience of remaining unseen to allow him to reach his destination without problems. Unfortunately, his movements aren't as practiced as normal and dried leaves and sticks crinkle underfoot. Corbin looks back at Jaden with an almost apologetic look upon his face as some of the metal in his pack grinds together.

[sblock=OOC]
Stealth (1d20+9=12)
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Remove ads